It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians Talking About UFOs And Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Bill Clinton 2005 -- Former Pres. Bill Clinton (D), speaking in Hong Kong, discussed UFOs, Roswell and Area 51: "The Roswell thing, I think, really was an illusion - I don't think it happened. I did attempt to find out if there were any secret government documents that reveal things, and if there were, they were concealed from me, too. I wouldn't be the first president that underlings have lied to or that career bureaucrats have waited out. But there may be some career person, sitting around somewhere, hiding these dark secrets, even from elected presidents. But, if so, they successfully eluded me, and I'm almost embarrassed to tell you I did try to find out.

Ronald Reagan 1974 - California Gov. Ronald Reagan (R) was one of four people in a Cessna Citation plane who witnessed an unusual object that was a steady light which elongated and went from a normal cruising speed to a rapid acceleration. Reagan told the Wall Street Journal, "We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement, it went straight up into the heavens."

Ronald Reagan 1987 - Pres. Ronald Reagan (R) told the United Nations General Assembly: "In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world."

Jimmy Carter 1969 - Georgia Gov. Jimmy Carter (D) filed an official report in which he claimed to have seen a UFO - a "self-luminous" object "as bright as the moon." Most skeptics and debunkers have maintained that the future president had only misidentified the planet Venus in Leary, Ga.

John F. Kennedy 1963 - Pres. John F. Kennedy (D) sent a memo to the head of the CIA, seeking documents about UFOs, just 10 days before he was assassinated. In a letter dated Nov. 12, 1963, JFK wanted a review of all UFO intelligence files that might affect national security. On the same day, Kennedy sent a separate memo to NASA, indicating he wanted to cooperate with the then-Soviet Union on outer space activities.

Barry Goldwater 1975 -- Ariz. Sen. Barry Goldwater (R) revealed he had previously attempted to find out what was in the building at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio, where UFO information was allegedly stored. His request was denied because it was classified above Top Secret. In a 1988 interview with Larry King, Goldwater said he believed secret government UFO investigations were going on.

Fife Symington 1997 -- Ariz. Gov. Fife Symington (R) was one of thousands of eyewitnesses to the historic Phoenix Lights, a mass UFO sighting, which he didn't admit was real until 10 years later, and which he felt was an extraterrestrial vehicle.

Bill Richardson 2004 -- New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson (D), and 2008 presidential candidate, calls on the U.S. government to declassify all Roswell UFO documents. Richardson wrote: "The mystery surrounding this crash has never been adequately explained. Clearly, it would help everyone if the U.S. government disclosed everything it knows. The American people can handle the truth -- no matter how bizarre or mundane."

John Podesta 2007 - Former Clinton White House Chief of Staff John Podesta (D) tells a National Press Club press conference about the need for UFO disclosure: "I think it's time to open the books on questions that have remained in the dark and the question of government investigations of UFOs. It's time to find out what the truth really is that's out there. We ought to do it because the American people, quite frankly, can handle the truth."

Dwight Eisenhower 2010 -- NH State Representative Henry W. McElroy (R) records a video on which he claims to have seen a briefing document from the 1950s that described how benevolent aliens were present in the U.S. and that a meeting could be arranged between them and former Pres. Eisenhower.

Gerald Ford 1966 -- Michigan Rep. Gerald Ford (R), before becoming president, called for an official government hearing on the subject of UFOs after his home state experienced a wave of sightings. This was the incident which resulted in the famous use of the phrase "swamp gas" as a possible explanation for UFOs. Ford wrote a letter to the House Armed Services committee that read, in part: "In the firm belief that the American public deserves a better explanation than that thus far given by the Air Force, I strongly recommend that there be a committee investigation of the UFO phenomena. I think we owe it to the people to establish credibility regarding UFOs and to produce the greatest possible enlightenment on this subject."

Richard M. Nixon 1974 -- Pres. Richard Nixon (R) became part of UFO folklore when he allegedly took comedian Jackie Gleason to Homestead Air Force Base in Florida in 1974 and showed him wreckage of a flying saucer as well as the remains of several extraterrestrials. The story was made public by two people: Gleason's wife, Beverly, told Esquire Magazine that her husband had related this tale to her. And Gleason, who was known to have a strong interest in UFOs, reportedly told the story to author Larry Warren, who had been involved in real UFO encounters experienced by many American military personnel at the RAF Bentwaters base in the U.K. in 1980.

Dennis Kucinich 2007 -- Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D) entered the UFO culture during one of the 2007 Democratic presidential debates, by admitting he had seen a UFO. "It was an unidentified flying object, OK? It's like, it's unidentified. I saw something. More people in this country have seen UFOs than I think approve of George Bush's presidency," he said.

Richard B. Russell 1955 -- Georgia Sen. Richard B. Russell Jr. (D), chairman of the Armed Services Committee, was on a trip to Russia, traveling on a train when he and others in his party saw a disc-shaped craft take off near the train tracks. The reports filled out to the U.S. Air Force by Russell and his aides were classified as Top Secret and remained that way until they were eventually released via the Freedom of Information Act.

Harrison Schmitt 1982 -- New Mexico Sen. Harrison Schmitt (R), the Apollo 17 astronaut who was the last man to walk on the moon, was also interested in UFOs. He's quoted saying, "If the government has any information on UFOs, it should be released to the public -- barring anything that might affect national security. We ought to be involved in a search to find out if there's any good evidence that UFOs really are spacecraft that are being piloted by extraterrestrial beings."

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

John Gilligan 1973 -- Ohio Gov. John Gilligan [D] reported that while he and his wife were driving near Ann Arbor, Mich., in October 1973, they saw what might have been a UFO. Gilligan described the object as vertical-shaped and amber-colored.

Edward Roush 1968 -- Indiana Rep. J. Edward Roush (D), a member of the Science and Astronautics Committee, was the chairman of a UFO symposium in 1968, which included six scientists invited to discuss the various aspects of UFOs. In 1975, Roush told HuffPost's Lee Speigel, "The people want to know what a UFO is, and therefore, any chance that we have to learn, we should take advantage of it. When you tell an American, 'I can't explain it,' he wants to know, 'Why can't you explain it? Why doesn't someone explain it?' And I think that kind of pressure is going to change the view of many government officials and members of Congress in the future."

The most interesting for me is the Clinton quote.

Info from the Huffington Post, so take with a grain of salt. But the reports of these incidents would be pretty easy to falsify so I imagine you can trust it.

Original Article with some interesting pictures of the associated politicians.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 5-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously.
--Mikhail Gorbachev, Premiere of the Soviet Union (interview published in Soviet Youth, May 4, 1990)

Maximum security exists concerning the subject of UFOs.
--Allen Dulles, Director, CIA, 1955.

It is time for the truth to be brought out in open Congressional hearings. Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But, through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.
--Admiral Hillenkoetter, first Director of the CIA (1947-50),
February 27, 1960

The Central Intelligence Agency has reviewed the current situation concerning unidentified flying objects, which have created extensive speculation in the press and have been the subject of concern to Government organizations. . . . Since 1947, approximately 2,000 official reports of sightings have been received, and of these about 20% are as yet unexplained.
It is my view that this situation has possible implications for our national security which transcend the interests of a single service. A broader, coordinated effort should be initiated to develop a firm scientific understanding of the several phenomena which apparently are involved in these reports. . . .
General Walter Bedell Smith, Director of the CIA 1950-53 (1952 memorandum to the National Security Council)

We have checked into the possibility of gaining enough support to initiate Congressional hearings for clarification of the UFO problem. Regretfully, we find there is very little interest in holding such hearings. Should increased interest develop on this subject, you can be assured I will be back in touch with you.
--Congressman Bob Wilson (Armed Services Committee, CIA Subcommittee)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Paul Theodore Hellyer, PC (born 6 August 1923) is a Canadian engineer, politician, writer. (Wikipedia)

"The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning...The Bush Administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."[8]

"To turn us in the direction of re-unification with the rest of creation the author is proposing a “Decade of Contact” – an “era of openness, public hearings, publicly funded research, and education about extraterrestrial reality”

"the reality is that they (aliens) have been visiting earth for decades and probably millennia and have contributed considerably to our knowledge."

Thanks for your post, OP, just wanted to add another few quotes.

Ok, one more.

"The matter is the most highly classified subject in the United States Government, rating even higher than the H Bomb. Flying saucers exist. Their Modus operandi is unknown but concentrated effort is being made by by a small group headed by Doctor Vannevar Bush." -Wilbert Smith in a top secret Canadian Government Memorandum, 21st November 1950

edit on 5/10/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So what? Politicians can talk about whatever they want and when it comes to UFOs and alleged aliens their comments do not make any difference in the long run. They are particularly hurtful to the UFOlogy when they promote ignorace and downright lies because they make statements they cannot back up and do it only to gain or stay in favor.

A perfect example of this is by loudmouth Fife Symington. "1997 -- Ariz. Gov. Fife Symington (R) was one of thousands of eyewitnesses to the historic Phoenix Lights, a mass UFO sighting, which he didn't admit was real until 10 years later, and which he felt was an extraterrestrial vehicle." He was not an eyewitness, there were very few eyewitness and they were located on the mountainsides opposite the valley where the flares were dropped by a military exercise flight. This joker Symington couldn't bust his way out of a wet paperbag 'cause he might admit that said wet paperbag was manufactured by aliens and a human couldn't break it!

Another loudmouth, Bill Richardson. " 2004 -- New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson (D), and 2008 presidential candidate, calls on the U.S. government to declassify all Roswell UFO documents. Richardson wrote: "The mystery surrounding this crash has never been adequately explained. Clearly, it would help everyone if the U.S. government disclosed everything it knows. The American people can handle the truth -- no matter how bizarre or mundane." If your life depended on it and you accepted that a UFO did crash near Roswell, then you might as well make out your will because there is no evidence of such a crash regardless of who claims what.

More bs comments this time by John Podesta. " 2007 - Former Clinton White House Chief of Staff John Podesta (D) tells a National Press Club press conference about the need for UFO disclosure: "I think it's time to open the books on questions that have remained in the dark and the question of government investigations of UFOs. It's time to find out what the truth really is that's out there. We ought to do it because the American people, quite frankly, can handle the truth." No, they can't! If Obama were to come out and admit he is not American-born there will be hell to pay! The so-called "questions that have remained in the dark" are constructed by conspiracists and they'll never be satisfied 'cause the answers don't exist.

The following comments are bs at its best! "Dwight Eisenhower 2010 -- NH State Representative Henry W. McElroy (R) records a video on which he claims to have seen a briefing document from the 1950s that described how benevolent aliens were present in the U.S. and that a meeting could be arranged between them and former Pres. Eisenhower." Such crap!

Politicians - they don't do anything but are rich and live an envious life thanks to the taxpaying slaves. Who cares what they say? Not me.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Paul Theodore Hellyer, PC (born 6 August 1923) is a Canadian engineer, politician, writer. (Wikipedia)

"The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning...The Bush Administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."[8]

"To turn us in the direction of re-unification with the rest of creation the author is proposing a “Decade of Contact” – an “era of openness, public hearings, publicly funded research, and education about extraterrestrial reality”

"the reality is that they (aliens) have been visiting earth for decades and probably millennia and have contributed considerably to our knowledge."

Thanks for your post, OP, just wanted to add another few quotes.

Keep em coming!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
So what? Politicians can talk about whatever they want and when it comes to UFOs and alleged aliens their comments do not make any difference in the long run. They are particularly hurtful to the UFOlogy when they promote ignorace and downright lies because they make statements they cannot back up and do it only to gain or stay in favor.

A perfect example of this is by loudmouth Fife Symington. "1997 -- Ariz. Gov. Fife Symington (R) was one of thousands of eyewitnesses to the historic Phoenix Lights, a mass UFO sighting, which he didn't admit was real until 10 years later, and which he felt was an extraterrestrial vehicle." He was not an eyewitness, there were very few eyewitness and they were located on the mountainsides opposite the valley where the flares were dropped by a military exercise flight. This joker Symington couldn't bust his way out of a wet paperbag 'cause he might admit that said wet paperbag was manufactured by aliens and a human couldn't break it!

Another loudmouth, Bill Richardson. " 2004 -- New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson (D), and 2008 presidential candidate, calls on the U.S. government to declassify all Roswell UFO documents. Richardson wrote: "The mystery surrounding this crash has never been adequately explained. Clearly, it would help everyone if the U.S. government disclosed everything it knows. The American people can handle the truth -- no matter how bizarre or mundane." If your life depended on it and you accepted that a UFO did crash near Roswell, then you might as well make out your will because there is no evidence of such a crash regardless of who claims what.

More bs comments this time by John Podesta. " 2007 - Former Clinton White House Chief of Staff John Podesta (D) tells a National Press Club press conference about the need for UFO disclosure: "I think it's time to open the books on questions that have remained in the dark and the question of government investigations of UFOs. It's time to find out what the truth really is that's out there. We ought to do it because the American people, quite frankly, can handle the truth." No, they can't! If Obama were to come out and admit he is not American-born there will be hell to pay! The so-called "questions that have remained in the dark" are constructed by conspiracists and they'll never be satisfied 'cause the answers don't exist.

The following comments are bs at its best! "Dwight Eisenhower 2010 -- NH State Representative Henry W. McElroy (R) records a video on which he claims to have seen a briefing document from the 1950s that described how benevolent aliens were present in the U.S. and that a meeting could be arranged between them and former Pres. Eisenhower." Such crap!

Politicians - they don't do anything but are rich and live an envious life thanks to the taxpaying slaves. Who cares what they say? Not me.

You already know I respect your opinion, but...
Your kinda contradicting yourself. Almost all these quotes support you hypothesis, but your disputing the motivation for saying them.

Almost everything said to the public has an agenda, doesn't mean you can't extact usefull information.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
they don't call him slick willy for nothing.

he's made a career of sincerely telling you a lie.

what better way to cover up the ufo phenomenon than having one of the most beloved president tell he gave it the old college try.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
they don't call him slick willy for nothing.

he's made a career of sincerely telling you a lie.

what better way to cover up the ufo phenomenon than having one of the most beloved president tell he gave it the old college try.

Either that, or they actually do keep it from the current administration. It does give us the hint that clinton believes its possible to cover up such a big topic, even from the president.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Last year Fife Symington came forth and admitted what he did was wrong and that it was only meant to be a spoof when he addressed the public with the handcuffed mockery of an alien. Also he claims he did in fact witness the Phoenix UFO.
I'm not defending him but at least he has come forward.

edit on 5-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Spielberg's story about Reagan's comment after the screening of E.T. at the White House is well known, but here's Spielberg confirming it in a YouTube clip.

www.youtube.com...

And here's a comment from the pilot in the case of Reagan's personal sighting while governor of California:

I was the pilot of the plane when we saw the UFO. Also on board were Governor Reagan and a couple of his security people. We were flying a Cessna Citation. It was maybe 9 or 10 o'clock at night. We were near Bakersfield, California when Governor Reagan and the others called my attention to a big light flying a bit behind my plane. It appeared to be several hundred yards away. It was a fairly steady light until it began to accelerate, then it appeared to elongate. Then the light took off. It went up at a 45-degree angle at a high rate of speed. Everyone on the plane was surprised. Governor Reagan expressed amazement. I told the others I didn't know what it was. . . . The UFO went from a normal cruise speed to a fantastic speed instantly . . .If you give an airplane power it will accelerate, but not like a hot rod, and that's what this was like.
--Bull Paynter, pilot with thousands of logged hours, in Sacramento, California

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Some more additions

Here's an interesting look at the issue aimed at what the Presidents may have known:

Clinton did try to find out about the truth about UFOs but he apparently got nowhere. He publically stated at the Peace address in Belfast that he'd had a letter from a young boy called Ryan about the Roswell incident and if alien bodies were really found then he wanted to know.

Over this side of the pond the former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher said to Georgina Bruni (researching the Rendlesham case) in 1997

"UFOs? You must get your facts right, and you can't tell the people." - Margaret Thatcher May 21, 1997

There was of course a UN meeting on UFOs organised in 1978 after lobbying from Prime Minister of Grenada, Sir Eric Gairy and discussed in this thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
Spielberg's story about Reagan's comment after the screening of E.T. at the White House is well known, but here's Spielberg confirming it in a YouTube clip.

www.youtube.com...

And here's a comment from the pilot in the case of Reagan's personal sighting while governor of California:

I was the pilot of the plane when we saw the UFO. Also on board were Governor Reagan and a couple of his security people. We were flying a Cessna Citation. It was maybe 9 or 10 o'clock at night. We were near Bakersfield, California when Governor Reagan and the others called my attention to a big light flying a bit behind my plane. It appeared to be several hundred yards away. It was a fairly steady light until it began to accelerate, then it appeared to elongate. Then the light took off. It went up at a 45-degree angle at a high rate of speed. Everyone on the plane was surprised. Governor Reagan expressed amazement. I told the others I didn't know what it was. . . . The UFO went from a normal cruise speed to a fantastic speed instantly . . .If you give an airplane power it will accelerate, but not like a hot rod, and that's what this was like.

Bakersfield, mid-70's? Sounds like it would be exactly the location to witness a SR-71 from Edwards heading north west to get close to the USSR, North Korea or China.

Afterburners on a -71 at night could look elongated.
edit on 6-10-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by xpoq47

www.youtube.com...

Bakersfield, mid-70's? Sounds like it would be exactly the location to witness a SR-71 from Edwards heading north west to get close to the USSR, North Korea or China.

Afterburners on a -71 at night could look elongated.
edit on 6-10-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

AGENT!!!

lol

top topics

join