Evil AMericans and Brits not killing insurgents at night so Taliban can get some sleep.

page: 2
9
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Those lazy chumps were told to kick out the bad dudes or we're coming in. They had years, years of chances to can the 'ban but sat on their butts and even protected them.
Well eventually sh*t happens they deserve every last drop.


I guess the same logic would apply to Detroit? or perhaps Chicago? or any city in the US.

Regards, Iwinder


Those cities are war zones in some parts exactly because of the same PC issues.




posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Sure that's a totally acceptable comparison. We have loads of religious fanatics just running rampant executing and torturing people in the streets.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc
 



Well, Trim my stache and call me Hitler! I must be some type of bigot



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc
 



Just to add. YOu remember what is opposite that sign? Toby's! (Blech.)


The T-BAR??


And there was a place called Strokers, too…..many a night playing pool there.

I had a house close to New River. I was with WTBN for a few years (Camp Stone Bay - the rifle range).



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
We Brits appreciate etiquette, but these requests are madness. I had to look at the date to be honest, but no, it's not April 1st!!

Can someone please remind me of the reasons our boys are putting their lives on the line over there?

You cannot educate Pork, everybody knows that surely?



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by NavyDoc
 



Just to add. YOu remember what is opposite that sign? Toby's! (Blech.)


The T-BAR??


And there was a place called Strokers, too…..many a night playing pool there.

I had a house close to New River. I was with WTBN for a few years (Camp Stone Bay - the rifle range).


Yep, where old strippers go to die.


We could have been neighbors.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Agreed with most of the rules, but the noise thing sounds so off the wall insane that I am doubting its authenticity.

But the other stuff..sure.
=reduce civilian population casualtys...yes, of course. You want to have the locals see proper terrorist thugs being murdered, not anyone at random (that creates more terrorists when your being targetted)
=Historic or other buildings...Frankly, the historic buildings, ancient builds, etc are worth more than the people inside..not to say you can't protect a nuke with a old statue sort of thing, but don't just take down some ancient mosque or whatnot because some two bit jihadist is hiding in there.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So let me see if I can wrap my head around this:

Guns that go boom is bad Drones that go BOOOOOOM are A-ok!

Asinine ROE's reminiscent of Johnson.

Never elect a lawyer as a commander in chef.

Presidential tip: always give the people who are trying to kill you a good nite sleep. That way in the morning they are all nice and rested when they try to kill you.

edit on 5-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc
 


It's high time the West pulled out of Afghanistan. Then there will be no evil or good US/UK forces to wake people up at night with the sound of gun fire.

Although I suspect US drones would remain. They need to go as well.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Agreed with most of the rules, but the noise thing sounds so off the wall insane that I am doubting its authenticity.

But the other stuff..sure.
=reduce civilian population casualtys...yes, of course. You want to have the locals see proper terrorist thugs being murdered, not anyone at random (that creates more terrorists when your being targetted)
=Historic or other buildings...Frankly, the historic buildings, ancient builds, etc are worth more than the people inside..not to say you can't protect a nuke with a old statue sort of thing, but don't just take down some ancient mosque or whatnot because some two bit jihadist is hiding in there.

No, no building no matter how old is, worth the life of me or my friends. If the terrorists choose to use a historical landmark to fight from, we have the right (by all and any laws of war) to shoot back.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 



Guns that go boom is bad Drones that go BOOOOOOM are A-ok!

Asinine ROE's reminiscent of Johnson.

Never elect a lawyer as a commander in chef.


We don’t want to offend anyone with our sound; never mind the fact that we’re there to KILL people and BREAK things.

It’s like giving a consolation prize after beating the life out of someone.

***WARNING - LANGUAGE***


Here are a couple good questions: 1) Do you think the enemy affords us the same courtesy, and 2) Do the Taliban abide by the same rules for the sake of ‘the people’?



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 





Here are a couple good questions: 1) Do you think the enemy affords us the same courtesy, and 2) Do the Taliban abide by the same rules for the sake of ‘the people’?


No and No but come on that is all a part of the "winnng the hearts and minds" crapola.
edit on 5-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 



No and No but come on that is all a part of the "winnng the hearts and minds" crapola.


That’s the same ‘crapola’ that cost this country an untold amount of lives in Vietnam as well.

Bureaucrats need to leave the war fighting to war fighters…..period.

These fools have a lot of American blood on their hands, too. I’ve had a few experiences with this crap. Decisions made in Washington and the things I saw as a result are the reason I left active service after 8 years. I was 12 years from retirement (almost half way) with full intentions of staying…..that is, until 2003. It’s disgraceful some of the things that go on and I feel for those who remain to endure it. I no longer wanted to be part of it, so I left.

(BTW) I love my country and I’m not bitter. I just don’t agree with it all and wanted to get off the bus. I still bleed Red White and Blue, so nobody send me any crazy PM's with anti-American sentiments.


Semper Fi!



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Is the Taliban going to follow suit? Like no mortar attacks, no small arms exchanges, and definitely no IED placement after dark? Chances are they won't, and will most likely capitalize off this blatant case of inneptitude by those prosecuting this conflict. This is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard, and believe me I have heard my fair share. So, now the Taliban has time to plan, move weapons, and set up positions to attack uninterrupted. War never sleeps! It is war over there is not? Or maybe it is something else? The politicians, and brilliant strategists would have us think that it is just a friendly game of paintball. Although I just read somewhere that the military casualty count surpassed 2000!

In Toll of 2,000, New Portrait of Afghan War



A week later, with the death of Specialist James A. Justice of the Army at a military hospital in Germany, the United States military reached 2,000 dead in the nearly 11-year-old conflict, based on an analysis by The New York Times of Department of Defense records. The calculation by The Times includes deaths not only in Afghanistan but also in Pakistan and other nations where American forces are directly involved in aiding the war.



Perhaps, they were wisked away at the start of the rapture? Please excuse my cynicism, but this latest order is a load of rubbish! Like some fricking joke! I would like to know who had this brilliant idea, and box their ears! They are making the soldiers over there into sitting ducks. When they ought to be encouraging them to stomp the Taliban, and leave no stone unturned in accomplishing that endeavor. Night and Day! Even on Christmas! Send them packing, and back over the border to Pakistan. If they are unwilling to make that order? Then it is time to pack up and leave. This war or conflict or whatever misnomer they call it has turned into one big piece of FUBAR! I hope the guys over there can keep their morale high when learning of hairbrained orders like this? What a mess!
edit on 5-10-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by neo96
 



No and No but come on that is all a part of the "winnng the hearts and minds" crapola.


That’s the same ‘crapola’ that cost this country an untold amount of lives in Vietnam as well.

Bureaucrats need to leave the war fighting to war fighters…..period.

These fools have a lot of American blood on their hands, too. I’ve had a few experiences with this crap. Decisions made in Washington and the things I saw as a result are the reason I left active service after 8 years. I was 12 years from retirement (almost half way) with full intentions of staying…..that is, until 2003. It’s disgraceful some of the things that go on and I feel for those who remain to endure it. I no longer wanted to be part of it, so I left.

(BTW) I love my country and I’m not bitter. I just don’t agree with it all and wanted to get off the bus. I still bleed Red White and Blue, so nobody send me any crazy PM's with anti-American sentiments.


Semper Fi!


Devildog.

My 'terp wore a baclava over his face everytime he left the wire because he knew that the muj would murder his family if his ID was made.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
Is the Taliban going to follow suit? Like no mortar attacks, no small arms exchanges, and definitely no IED placement after dark/ Chances are they won't and will most likely capitalize off this blatant case of inneptitude by those prosecuting this conflict. This is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard, and believe me I have heard my fair share. So, now the Taliban has time to plan, move weapons, and set up positions to attack uninterrupted. War never sleeps! It is war over there is not? Or maybe it is something else? The politicians, and brilliant strategists would have us think that it is just a friendly game of paintball. Although I just read somewhere that the military casualty count surpassed 2000!

In Toll of 2,000, New Portrait of Afghan War



A week later, with the death of Specialist James A. Justice of the Army at a military hospital in Germany, the United States military reached 2,000 dead in the nearly 11-year-old conflict, based on an analysis by The New York Times of Department of Defense records. The calculation by The Times includes deaths not only in Afghanistan but also in Pakistan and other nations where American forces are directly involved in aiding the war.



Perhaps, they were wisked away at the start of the rapture? Please excuse my cynicism, but this latest order is a load of rubbish! Like some fricking joke! I would like to know who had this brilliant idea, and box their ears! They are making the soldiers over there into sitting ducks. When they ought to be encouraging them to stomp the Taliban, and leave no stone unturned in accomplishing that endeavor. Night and Day! Even on Christmas! Send them packing, and back over the border to Pakistan. If they are unwilling to make that order? Then it is time to pack up and leave. This war or conflict or whatever misnomer they call it has turned into one big piece of FUBAR! I hope the guys over there can keep their morale high when learning of hairbrained orders like this? What a mess!


Valid points. What we regard as mercy and would win hearts and minds, they regard as weakness to take advantage of.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 


Preaching to the choir man.

Some people just do not have a clue, the miliary's job is to fight and win not be at the mercy of politician who is putting his own self interest ahead of those who are serving in harms way.

I agree with Patton all the way:


No one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb person die for his country.


Cleaned up for ATS.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
No, no building no matter how old is, worth the life of me or my friends. If the terrorists choose to use a historical landmark to fight from, we have the right (by all and any laws of war) to shoot back.


Actually, I disagree. Yes, rocks are worth more than people at times. For instance..if you have an enemy sitting in the pyramids..you don't blow up the pyramids..you smoke him out, then shoot him.

You have twisted what I said though..you put yourself in there in indian county..the enemy in this case has no respect for history, so would gladly take down the building around you..

I am saying what we..civilized people..do. not what savages do.

And my own life is not worth the value of a pyramid. Those things have stood and awed generation after generation..thousands of years of mystery, contemplation, etc...and for some crappy confusing action to remove this is the height of selfishness within that generation.

You ever been to the library of alexandra? No..of course you haven't. because some temporary idiots thought it was a good idea at the time to destroy it..forever removing from our world culture this wonder.

You ever been to the temple of israel? no..of course not..same reason. Ever been to the hanging gardens? the Collosus of Rhodes?

All from temporary people in a temporary war that forever removes the legacy and effort of generations that was meant to last throughout all civilization.

I am not talking about some old house...but proper historical assets of earth..ya..just smoke em out...lets prove we are slightly above cavemen mentality. We have a smart military, right?



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by NavyDoc
No, no building no matter how old is, worth the life of me or my friends. If the terrorists choose to use a historical landmark to fight from, we have the right (by all and any laws of war) to shoot back.


Actually, I disagree. Yes, rocks are worth more than people at times. For instance..if you have an enemy sitting in the pyramids..you don't blow up the pyramids..you smoke him out, then shoot him.

You have twisted what I said though..you put yourself in there in indian county..the enemy in this case has no respect for history, so would gladly take down the building around you..

I am saying what we..civilized people..do. not what savages do.

And my own life is not worth the value of a pyramid. Those things have stood and awed generation after generation..thousands of years of mystery, contemplation, etc...and for some crappy confusing action to remove this is the height of selfishness within that generation.

You ever been to the library of alexandra? No..of course you haven't. because some temporary idiots thought it was a good idea at the time to destroy it..forever removing from our world culture this wonder.

You ever been to the temple of israel? no..of course not..same reason. Ever been to the hanging gardens? the Collosus of Rhodes?

All from temporary people in a temporary war that forever removes the legacy and effort of generations that was meant to last throughout all civilization.

I am not talking about some old house...but proper historical assets of earth..ya..just smoke em out...lets prove we are slightly above cavemen mentality. We have a smart military, right?


I was not twisting your words, but rather presenting an oppsing viewpoint. I disagree: human life is worth more than a building. The library of Alexandria was burned out of spite, unecessarily. Had an army been hiding therein, killing people from it, then the opposing group would have been justified in shooting back. The fault lies not on those who shoot at their attackers, but on those who hide within. We (the US) have strict rules of ROE, in accordance with the laws of war, preventing us from engaging hostile forces that hide within cultural landmarks if it is avoidable. From my year in Ramadi: Ramadi general hospital was off limits, we could not fire upon it. THe terrorists knew this and thus used it for a staging ground and defensive position for years. Many Americans died because of this ROE. When we finally got permission to engage, in 2006, I was one of the first people in, to secure the patients in the first few floors. Above the second floor, it was terrorist central and it was a bloody room to room fight to clear them out. We could have avoided much bloodshead had we jsut stood off and leveled the place with arty, but the US, being the good guys, took casualties to avoid civilian deaths.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by seabag
 


Preaching to the choir man.

Some people just do not have a clue, the miliary's job is to fight and win not be at the mercy of politician who is putting his own self interest ahead of those who are serving in harms way.

I agree with Patton all the way:


No one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb person die for his country.


Cleaned up for ATS.


Nice quote too bad it has nothing to do with what is going on in Afghanistan. Because they are not fighting for America over there they are fighting for corporations.





new topics
top topics
 
9
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join