It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neglected Ducks Get Their First Swim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Most awesome Video of the month just arrived !

Remind me this scene

From the Poster:

These ducks were rescued from a hoarder who was keeping over 160 fowl in filthy, overcrowded conditions. The
neglected birds had never even seen a pond. But the Woodstock Farm
Animal Sanctuary has nursed them back to health, repairing infections,
injured feet, and nutritional deficiencies — and now you can watch these
newly rehabilitated duckies learn to swim. They're a bit confused about
it at first, but eventually, they take to it like a ... well, you know.

Copyright issue? Send me a message and we'll get it resolved ASAP.

Woodstock Sanctuary

From the Site :

Almost a year after our initial efforts to rescue over 160 ducks, geese, turkeys and chickens that were living with a hoarder in appalling conditions, we were finally able to bring them to safety. They are now enjoying sunshine on their feathers, water to swim in, clean bedding, warmth, grass under their feet and room to roam for the very first time. Initially, we tried working with their owner towards an amicable surrender, pleading with her to consider the quality of life for the birds and used many of our own resources to help provide a cleaner environment for them. The hoarder’s initial intentions were good and her love for the animals apparent, but she neglected to see how their overcrowding, over-breeding, lack of shelter and space and filthy conditions were hurting them. She also continued to buy chicks and ducklings online and mail ordered to her.

In the end, it took efforts by both us and the Ulster County SPCA, and then a judge’s seizure warrant to obtain the birds. Many were suffering from ailments caused specifically by their filthy living conditions. They lives in small sheds and animal carriers, overcrowded, living among layers of caked feces, and breathing in dust and the stench of ammonia. Due to inadequate housing, several of the birds did not have access to proper shelter and have lost toes and combs to frostbite. Inside her trailer we found another 25 birds running around freely and over 20 living in an enclosed back porch. The indoor quarters were worse than the outdoors. All the birds show signs of nutritional deficiencies.

We are treating all of their health issues by providing veterinary care, nutritional supplements, quality food and vitamins daily in their water. They are beginning to thrive with their new freedom. It’s a joy for us to see and we’re so happy to be able to give these animals the lives they deserve. YOUR SUPPORT helps in many cases like this and give them life-long shelter and the care and love they need and so deserve.

(see pix below and a video at the bottom)

Heroes of Mother Nature literaly !

Look where those poor ducks were before .. always in the same cage all yrs long
wish i could put the owner of this disgusting cage in his own cage for a FULL YRS
living in the same condition those bird were living
maybe he will learn a lesson not to act like an animal with people
yes you heard me correctly

this animal will cry like a baby after only 1 night
those ducks are a thousand time more stronger
maybe not physicaly but inside !
edit on 10/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I hate it when people abuse animals, and why I hate hoarders.

This is a heartwarming story.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

That was great. Made me smile. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Swim me pretties! Get all juicy and moist...work on those drum sticks...Thanks Giving is almost nigh...

Great vid...Thanks!

Peace

edit on 5-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Awwwww, thank God they were rescued and can now enjoy the remainder of their lives. There are way too many animl hoarders and animal abuse in the world.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Nice story, thx for the smile

S&F

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Fantastic - thank you for sharing. I could have watched them 'shakin' their wet little tailfeathers for hours. I think it is sad that the ducks suffered but isn't it an amazing world - where we humans can actually turn a situation right around. To think - humans, who usually farm animals and then sell/eat them - could actually rescue them and teach them to be their natural selves again!!!!!

Video made my heart sing. Thank you again.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
reply to post by Ben81

Fantastic - thank you for sharing. I could have watched them 'shakin' their wet little tailfeathers for hours. I think it is sad that the ducks suffered but isn't it an amazing world - where we humans can actually turn a situation right around. To think - humans, who usually farm animals and then sell/eat them - could actually rescue them and teach them to be their natural selves again!!!!!

Video made my heart sing. Thank you again.

Much Peace...

We share the exact emotions !
could have watched them for hours to and later join them in the pond

edit on 10/6/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join