It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on Bacon coming near you

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
People don't forget your tactical bacon for your kit at the front lines

Be Prepared!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Canned bacon is great.

It is Denmark's gift to the world.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Robot and monster are not going to like this!!!! Ha

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
My kind of song and subject.

edit on 5-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You know, it's funny, we've been eating bacon for years and using bacon fat as well. Here are a some other myths you might not be aware of.

www.becomehealthynow.com...

Myths & Truths About Beef

With the exception of butter, no other food has been subjected to such intense demonization in recent years as red meat, particularly beef. The juicy hamburger, that delicious marbled steak and the Sunday roast have been accused of terrible crimes. Beef causes heart disease, say the Diet Dictocrats. Beef causes cancer, particularly colon cancer, beef causes osteoporosis, beef causes autoimmune diseases like asthma, beef harbors E. coli leading to food-borne illness, beef causes Creutzfeldt Jakob disease.

Recently a vegetarian group called People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals placed billboard ads warning men not to eat beef because it causes impotence! Red meat is an acid-forming food, say the vegetarians, which putrefies in the gut because humans can't digest meat. Beef production destroys the environment, according to the zealots, and takes away land that could be dedicated to grain for starving millions. Let's examine these accusations one at a time.

Does beef cause heart disease?
First is the notion that beef causes heart disease. This actually dates back to the 1950's when the lipid hypothesis was taking hold on the American consciousness.

edit on Fri Oct 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
I've never been involved with a public protest before, but...

OCCUPY BACON!!!
Who's with me?

Smoked hickory or thick sliced?

It's important!

The maple kind!!!

Oh and just in case you haven't heard:

The European Union reports that pig herds around the world are “declining at a significant rate.” And this could lead to a serious pork (and most crucially, bacon!) shortage — a problem that Britain’s National Pig Association chairman, Richard Longthorp, now warns is “unavoidable.” Read more: newsfeed.time.com...

Stock up!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

The truth is that in spite of all the propaganda you have heard, the lipid hypothesis has never been proved. In fact, inadequate protein intake leads to loss of myocardial muscle and may, therefore, contribute to coronary heart disease.

Rawrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Take that diet dictocrats!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, my friend, consider this and then come to the same conclusion I just have.

Bacon is the key to bipartisanship.
Bacon is the weapon to use against lobbyists.
Bacon is AMERICA!

Let's just start roaming the halls of Congress with plates piled high with freshly cooked bacon, saying "None for YOU until you start voting FOR WHAT IS RIGHT!"

LET THE BIPARTISAN BACON REVOLUTION BEGIN TODAY!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I concur!

But,but, but bacon comes from lobbyists, and all that "porkbarrel spending".

Sigh!

Can't win for losing.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, here's something we all missed:

wheretoeat.in...

Dangnabit.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Just throw one of these at them when they come.

Awhh man that looks so dang delicious!! It may be unhealthy and fating but who cares. I'll still eat it!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Here is some more info that might kick your bacon in the butt! Bet you didn't know any of this!

It is true that beef consumption in the United States has gone up during the last eighty years, the period of huge increases in heart disease. Today we consume 79 pounds of beef per person per year versus 54 in 1909, a 46% increase—but poultry consumption has increased a whopping 280%, from 18 pounds per person per year to 70. Consumption of vegetable oils, including those that have been hydrogenated, has increased 437%, from 11 pounds per person per year to 59; while consumption of butter, lard and tallow has plummeted from 30 pounds per person per year to just under 10. Whole milk consumption has declined by almost 50%, while lowfat milk consumption has doubled. Consumption of eggs, fresh fruits (excluding citrus), fresh vegetables, fresh potatoes and whole grain products has declined; but consumption of sugar and other sweeteners has almost doubled. Why, then, do today's politically correct dietary gurus continue to blame beef consumption for our ills? Is it because it is the one wholesome food that has shown an increase over the past ninety years?

What's the likely cause of heart disease?
The most likely causes of increased heart disease in America are the other changes in our diets—huge increases in consumption of refined carbohydrates and vegetable oils, particularly hydrogenated vegetable oils; and the decline in nutrient levels in our food, particularly minerals and fat soluble vitamins—vitamins found only in animal fats.[

www.becomehealthynow.com...

edit on Fri Oct 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Not really as some heart disease is cause by viral infections.

True story.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Not really as some heart disease is cause by viral infections.

True story.

Some. But please look at the statististics. This isn't all in vain.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Viral infections, and genetics, any food in moderation won't kill a person key word there moderation.

Now if someone is eating 20 pounds of bacon or steak a day that will kill them,

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well they will have to come to the farm and raid the brine tubs if they want our bacon. Although I wouldn't advise it as our pork is officially protected by the second amendment. Brown sugar and salt brine makes some great bacon especially when you have raised and fed that bacon well.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Just throw one of these at them when they come.

Absolutely, Heart-stopping.........................

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Bacon.

One word, two syllables.

The tasty-ist word known to mankind. There are civilizations that have risen and fallen, political parties come and go. . . . .

But bacon will endure forever.
-George Washington

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Shoot boars and make bacon?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
...From my cold, dead hands!

Too bad I just started dieting

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join