It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another "odd sun photo" thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ok ATS, my GF took these photos today at work through out the day. my question is WTH is that under the sun? I don't think its a "SunDog" but I could be wrong. I'm not saying its smething its not, just trying to get better feedback on what it may be by people that knows more than I know( which isn't much)
thanks ATS

photo 1

photo 2

photo 3

sorry ATS but I couldn't link the photo's into the thread itself, don't know why.
(Anyone know why I couldn't link them into the thread please let me know, thanks)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Here is one, sorry for the size.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It really does look like a parhelic circle. It's just small. Very neat to say the least

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dedpope

Quick question seen with the naked eye as well seeing as we had the red orb from yesterday with no actual accounts apart from interweb chatter that it was as well seen by the naked eye. Or are these anomalys only seen through the camera lense????

SaneThinking

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
reply to post by dedpope

Quick question seen with the naked eye as well seeing as we had the red orb from yesterday with no actual accounts apart from interweb chatter that it was as well seen by the naked eye. Or are these anomalys only seen through the camera lense????

SaneThinking

yes it was seen by the naked eye, she seen it going in so she took her phone out & snaped a shot of it , then it was still there at break time. sorry forgot to add that to OP

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's a lens flare.....google "lens flare" and click images, there are thousand of examples.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

thanks, how did you link it ?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

but she seen it before taking the photo

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

the photo's on g0ggl3 of parhelic circles are nice , a few small ones did look like my pics. good feed back thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here
click on picture to enlarge

edit on 5-10-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
How far apart were these taken?
If she saw this with the naked eye, I have no idea what it is.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think they are flare or something. The first pic it is in a different spot than the other two. Unless it was a UFO!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

I would say 1- 2 Hr's apart from the time she got to the school till she got a break. she only works about 4-5 Hr's a day ( lunch lady)
free school food for meee
JK

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
I think they are flare or something. The first pic it is in a different spot than the other two. Unless it was a UFO!!
yeah the fact that they look like they are in different spots & she was at her car is what got me.
( I used the tree tops as a guide)
edit on 10/5/2012 by dedpope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yeah if she saw it with the naked eye then I have no clue what ya got yourself there I was gonna jump on the lense flare bandwagon like most do but if she actually saw it and thats what prompted the pics, then yeah pretty stumped...

SaneThinking

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
looks like someone caught another sun fairy! I say that because I am tired of trying to explain lens flares/reflections.

I do think it is cute so many people cannot see these things and I can't!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
looks like someone caught another sun fairy! I say that because I am tired of trying to explain lens flares/reflections.

ok thanks for the feedback, but did you read through the thread, she seen it THEN took the photo.

"I do think it is cute so many people cannot see these things and I can't!"

"and I can't"

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dedpope

Originally posted by abeverage

ok thanks for the feedback, but did you read through the thread, she seen it THEN took the photo.

"I do think it is cute so many people cannot see these things and I can't!"

"and I can't"

Are you saying you can't see them either?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Looks like a sun dog to me, OP. They can be the textbook kind people usually see-- the blobs opposite the sun, or just crazy bright spots.

Atopics.com would be a good place to look around for basic info. Actually, I think the Subparhelic section shows a very similar sun dog-type spot as your pic, although it's not the same kind of phenomena.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join