It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction...anyone know about nuclear fusion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Just signed up. Looks like I'm going to spend a lot of time catching up on all this reading. Tonnes of stuff to analyze.

One thing I'd like to discuss some time is the state of fusion developement through projects at Sandia National labs (rapid fire thermo-nuclear explosions), Princeton Plasma Physics labs and that awesome donut being tested by the Joint European Torus program.

Well, hope to get involved, it seems there are many people here with much to discuss. But for now I better get back to work.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well I can't say nuclear fusion is my area of expertise. But welcome to ATS, Torus. U2U me if you have any questions.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, and thanks for joining.

I'm not a nuclear fusion expert by any means, but you'd be surprised who you run in to on the boards here. You might want to check out the Science and Technology section or try searching the site for nuclear fusion subjects. (Search button's at the top of the page). If you have something in particular that you want to talk about, and can't find any discussions on the subject, then start a new discussion.

-dbates

[edit on 17-10-2004 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torus
Just signed up. Looks like I'm going to spend a lot of time catching up on all this reading. Tonnes of stuff to analyze.

One thing I'd like to discuss some time is the state of fusion developement through projects at Sandia National labs (rapid fire thermo-nuclear explosions), Princeton Plasma Physics labs and that awesome donut being tested by the Joint European Torus program.

Well, hope to get involved, it seems there are many people here with much to discuss. But for now I better get back to work.

The Sandia project you refer to is the Sandia Pulse Reactor, it was used to simulate nuclear explosions and irradiate defense systems to ascertain their susceptibility to EMP.

TRESTLE is another interesting Sandia project.

For fun (only if you have high speed)

Kirtland AFB/Sandia National Labs

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Torus

Any questions feel free to u2u me
enjoy the site have fun.

se7en

Hit the Science and Technology forums should be plenty there to find on what you need.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
nah, fission's my bag. Welcome

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the great ATS!

new topics

top topics

join