It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil is simply this

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
A recurring theme i read is peoples views of what is Evil. It arises commonly across metaphysical and religous threads. So what is evil?

How many times do we hear people say things or infer things through speach or writing that we see may have an adverse effect on a persons emotional state. This often or not occurs repeatly from the source to the target so its very obvious its been done for the explicit purpose to exert control of a persons emotional state.

It occurs between strangers who meeting in everyday interactions. It also occurs between people who are meant to mean something to eachother, via direct or sublimal way. Well thats it really, Evil is simply this.

edit on 5-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have to say that this is the worst explanation for what evil is that I have personally ever heard. The philosophical spin you tried to put on this is an epic fail. I think you need to re-think your philosophical viewpoint a bit. The parameters of what evil truly is goes far deeper than this meager explanation and/or viewpoint.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
A recurring theme i read is peoples views of what is Evil. It arises commonly across metaphysical and religous threads. So what is evil?

How many times do we hear people say things or infer things through speach or writing that we see may have an adverse effect on a persons emotional state. This often or not occurs repeatly from the source to the target so its very obvious its been done for the explicit purpose to exert control of a persons emotional state.

It occurs between strangers who meeting in everyday interactions. It also occurs between people who are meant to mean something to eachother, via direct or sublimal way. Well thats it really, Evil is simply this.

edit on 5-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

By this logic counseling, and pharmacology that alters the mental state for the purpose of controlling is Evil.

Example would be people taking bi-polar meds to control their mental and emotional state.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I have to say that this is the worst explanation for what evil is that I have personally ever heard. The philosophical spin you tried to put on this is an epic fail. I think you need to re-think your philosophical viewpoint a bit. The parameters of what evil truly is goes far deeper than this meager explanation and/or viewpoint.

reply to post by Rubicant13

I rest my case. Evil in action.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

Aha, classic! Love it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You understand the circular self defeating nature of this argument right? anyone that disagrees with you is trying to influence your mental state so they are evil and you don't have to listen?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yes i was thinking along that line. So technically we are all evil under that outlook. Then it comes down to debating categorys and levels of evil.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Pointing out a fail in understanding on a deeper level of a subject is not evil. You have some odd ideas.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Your a Satanist i hear. Im not surprised with your praise for evil.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Pointing out a fail in understanding on a deeper level of a subject is not evil. You have some odd ideas.

Please keep going you just gave the thead another example. Lets go for the triple.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you mean

evil is defined as Immoral wicked acts that causes others mental or physical harm and suffering

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Evil is a notion, a product of thought-form consciousness placed upon the plane of the 3rd Dimension. But it is nothing more than a thought-form. Something we consciously bring to existence by thinking about it. But...there is the Service to Self path and the Service to Others path, and I'll leave you to figure out which one is negatively polarized and thus could be construed as "evil".

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Please keep going you just gave the thead another example. Lets go for the triple.

So, me pointing out that a deeper understanding of what constitutes evil is in turn, me being evil? Seriously man. I mean, seriously?
And yes, I'll oblige. I am an evil evil man after all.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law."

"There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt."

"...thou hast no right but to do thy will. Do that and no other shall say nay. For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."

"The Word of Sin is Restriction."

While not directly referencing evil, I find these Crowley quotes to be quite pertinent and getting the idea across.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

So, me pointing out that a deeper understanding of what constitutes evil is in turn, me being evil? Seriously man. I mean, seriously?
And yes, I'll oblige. I am an evil evil man after all.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

Dont feel so bad about being the evil man, after all you know what they say...."Bad guys have all the fun"....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't agree with you OP. But I like the simplicity of your idea. I would argue that not many people would even dare put forth their own definition of evil for fear of ridicule, being wrong, etc. But since you show philosophical courage and even humour in the spirit of Socrates, I value your opinion.

I too will make an attempt, just for kicks, to be declaired either reasonable or idiotic by our fellow readers.

Evil is the conscious cause of chaos.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I will keep this simple.

THIS is Evil

This is NOT!

Any Questions??

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Nothing is as simple as it appears in this world. If it was there wouldnt be these examples of evil.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
I will keep this simple.

THIS is Evil

Any Questions??

I think that is more accurately defined as Harm.

It may or may not be a consequence of Evil.

Humans don't have a universal agreement on morality. If it could be boiled down to one liner i think we'd have cracked it by now.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Evil is a multiheaded snake. My thread is talking about one of the heads.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join