It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by xEphon

reply to post by xEphon

How is government taking more from the wealthy, going to put more money in MY pocket???

By taxing you less.

Really, how is this a difficult concept to understand

So its wealth distribution then.

Gotcha!

Wealth redistribution?
It no more wealth redistribution than what we currently have set up.

It's funny how no one claims wealth redistribution when its the middle class funneling it to the top by paying more taxes so they pay less, but golly gee when you try and turn the tables you're a Marxist wealth redistributor.

edit on 6-10-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by campanionator

Those evil rich pay more cash than those who deride them that is a fact.

Yes, and some make 300 + times more than the average middle class family

The Middle class provide a much larger % of their yearly income to the economy each day.

Three hundred families buy three hundred gallons of milk to the one gallon of soy milk the
hedge fund manager buys.

Why can't we try my way for five years?

We have tried your way for three decades...

Tell me why?
edit on 6-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Because there are property rights in this country you can not take from a minority to benefit the majority,.

As per the constitutional republic.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by xEphon

How is government taking more from the wealthy, going to put more money in MY pocket???

By taxing you less.

Gotcha!

Wealth redistribution?

It's funny how no one claims wealth redistribution when its the middle class funneling it to the top by paying more taxes so they pay less, but golly gee when you try and turn the tables you're a Marxist wealth redistributor.

I'll say it again.

That's a slick set up they have implanted in peoples brains.

If we made a list of price increases this last decade, most items would be up at least over 100%

Yet taxes are low

It's magic!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by xEphon

By taxing you less.

Gotcha!

Wealth redistribution?

Smarm will still not justify class warfare and wealth redistribution.

But go ahead and beat up a millionaire, if it'll make you feel better.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Because there are property rights in this country you can not take from a minority to benefit the majority,.

So you are are saying Republican, military icon and president Dwight D Eisenhower was a usurper?

Why was it ok for him to do it?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I am saying read the 4 and 5th Amendments:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated; and no Warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

"The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution says 'nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.' This is a tacit recognition of a preexisting power to take private property for public use, rather than a grant of new power."

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by xEphon

By taxing you less.

Gotcha!

Wealth redistribution?

Smarm will still not justify class warfare and wealth redistribution.

But go ahead and beat up a millionaire, if it'll make you feel better.

But you have not answered to fact that these same millionaires are redistributing our money at
greater rate.

In your world, it only works one way, and that is pretty good for millionaires, while the rest of
us get squeezed by over 100% increases, you propose they get a break.

Explain yourself.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You are so wrong, that people who want to be wrong, come to you for advice.

I have been a vocal proponent of a flat tax.
No loophles.
No exceptions.
No exemptions.

Everyone pay the same.

Taxes should neither be a carrot or a stick. Taxes should not be punative measures for success.

I don't understand the obsession that the left has with other peoples money!

Who cares what someone has, or what they do with it!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I use to be with a flat tax as per those stipulations until I realized the only fair tax is no income tax.

No loopholes,exceptions can ever be made, or the system change to garnish political support.

That way neither side could hold that over the citizens head.

I also support abolshing property taxes which is just another form of income tax.

Those are not a right winger thoughts those are classic liberalism.
edit on 6-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I use to be with a flat tax as per those stipulations until I realized the only fair tax is no income tax.

No loopholes,exceptions can ever be made, or the system change to garnish political support.

That way neither side could hold that over the citizens head.

I also support aboloshing property taxes which is just another form of income tax.

Those are not a right winger thoughts those are classic liberalism.

I could easily be swayed to support that.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by neo96

A one percenter does not sit on their butts, and wait for a fair shot to be handed to them, they make their own

Where did you come up with this fantasy at? A vast majority of the one percenters come from inherited wealth they didn't work for anything it was handed to them. Unless you call waiting for mommy and daddy to die work.

Obama is right no one is entitled to success just because you come from a certian family doesn't mean success should be handed to you. If you want it work for it. People that are truly successful are the ones who start from the bottom and work their way up.

What? Where do you get that? Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, JK Rowling, Nick Sparks, Steve Speilburg, George Lucas, Ross Perot, Oprah Winfrey, etc are all self made. The majority of the one percent is self made, by far. THe one percent includes doctors, lawyers, and small businessmen. It includes writers and investors and musicians and actors. Self made individual after self made individual.

www.therichest.org... en-billionaires/

www.consumerismcommentary.com... y-individuals-earned-not-inherited-their-wealth/

Most wealthy people in the US earned, not inherited their wealth.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

The Middle class provide a much larger % of their yearly income to the economy each day.

Three hundred families buy three hundred gallons of milk to the one gallon of soy milk the
hedge fund manager buys.

Tell me why?

Because you way has failed in less than 4 years. And has failed for generations in the places it was tried.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yet people in every country pay taxes and think nothing of your strawmen arguements.

Taxation for redistribution is necessary in any capitalist system because the money trickles UP, not down. It is all about making a healthy profit, which inevitably drains the working class out of existance. Especially in america where you are encouraged to buy more and more.

The part I don't like about taxation is paying off debt that I and many others did not agree to. The central bank should be public, and combined with healthy protectionist policies the treasury vault would have a surplus, not a deficit.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by campanionator

hedge fund manager buys.

Tell me why?

Because you way has failed in less than 4 years. And has failed for generations in the places it was tried.

Eisenhower boasted a 90% tax, JFK boasted 70%

My way created the middle class.

My way, has just turned an economy around that was losing nearly 1 million jobs a month.

It was your way that put this economy in the hole, my way had to clean up the mess.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

So the central bank should have "surplus" ?

You mean profit?

Sorry there should be no central bank, that is what the fed is that needs to be ended and one of the most corrupt organizations in this country just like all those other "public" entitles called government and their social programs.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by EarthCitizen07

So the central bank should have "surplus" ?

You mean profit?

Sorry there should be no central bank, that is what the fed is that needs to be ended and one of the most corrupt organizations in this country just like all those other "public" entitles called government and their social programs.

Surplus, as in the thing that pays down the deficit and can pay for those social programs and wars,
what ever you like.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

There way has failed since 1913, then 1935, then 1965 the war on poverty, the war on the middle class with the result of both classes being more screwed now than at any other time is US history.

They can't answer how many millionaires and billionaires those social programs ever created.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

That is rich surplus and debt means they are taxing to much and spending too much.

Cut spending don't need to tax

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

What about the rockefellers, rothschilds, duponts and vanderbilts? How come they are NOT on that or ANY LIST to speak of?

Are the deep billionares and trillionares being covered up or what? You know OLD MONEY!

Some people DO INHERIT wealth.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join