It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
The elite and wealthy classes have had a heavy hand in driving our economy into the ground so yes those making 250,000/year or more should pay a bit more, the middle class has nothing left to give and we keep falling into the lower class. So the remaining option is to cut off the lower class, let them starve, let them die of easily treatable illnesses... that is literally what cutting 'entitlement' programs amounts to.

Your solution to tax those with more to give to those with less does not solve the problem. The only thing that does is grow the size of government, increase the dependency of government, and increase the amount of people who will rely on government.

You're not helping the middle class.

You're increasing the "entitlement" class.

Which is what Obama wants, so QED

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
So without even looking, I am going to go ahead and attempt to address the OP and his title again. I feel enough time has passed to be able to read his own title and have Beezzers "college educated" wife translate.

So, Neo do you agree with Obama?
Or do you believe that you should be handed success for no reason?

Tough corner you painted yourself into.
If your response is as far off topic as the last one that just confirms you are here to spread crap.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It does not grow the government to increase taxes or close loopholes or end corporate welfare, we are not talking about extremes here. No one is telling or even asking anyone with wealth to give it all up. If you're wealthy good for you, stay that way but let's make sure you're not gaining through exploitation, let's make sure that if you're a business owner that you're paying a fair wage after all your workers are helping you amass your wealth... let's not let it be okay for you to employ slave labor. Let's make sure that if you're going to call yourself an American Business that you actually operate in America and contribute to our Economy, if you prefer to operate in foreign countries then you are a foreign business and subject to trade laws and tarriffs.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I notice that doesn't include himself, or his cronies, of course. It's do as I say, not as I do for those who are in power.(repubs included too)

Well, he's getting his wish, "unemployment 7.8%" alot of places out of business around here. The unemployment isn't being counted right, the ones who have given up and exhausted their unemployment aren't being counted. Be interesting to know the real numbers. Like that'll ever happen.
edit on 6-10-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

It does not grow the government to increase taxes or close loopholes or end corporate welfare, we are not talking about extremes here.

Of course we are. Any "programme" that the government introduces, by default, grows the government. The government will only look at a system that justifies it's existence.

No one is telling or even asking anyone with wealth to give it all up. If you're wealthy good for you, stay that way but let's make sure you're not gaining through exploitation,

Not all of it, just a "fair" share as determined by . . . . . . . the government! What's your definition of exploitation?

let's make sure that if you're a business owner that you're paying a fair wage after all your workers are helping you amass your wealth... let's not let it be okay for you to employ slave labor. Let's make sure that if you're going to call yourself an American Business that you actually operate in America and contribute to our Economy, if you prefer to operate in foreign countries then you are a foreign business and subject to trade laws and tarriffs.

All speculative based on whomever is interpreting what is "fair". Ask a union boss, you'll get one answer. Ask a CEO, you'll get another. Ask a politician and you'll end up with three useless answers.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ending Corporate Welfare would actually shrink the government. Can you qualify how increasing taxes and closing loopholes will grow the government? I think you lost your QED card with that kind of logic.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Ending Corporate Welfare would actually shrink the government. Can you qualify how increasing taxes and closing loopholes will grow the government? I think you lost your QED card with that kind of logic.

Increasing taxes would encourage government to grow. It would justify its growth. There is no time in the history of America that raising taxes caused a shrinkage in government, or government programmes.

Now closing loopholes on taxes is a different story.
I'm all for that. I actually think a flat tax with no loopholes, no exemptions, no exceptions would help our overall situation.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Imagine picking on poor employers like Walmart?

All they want is permission to discriminate and short people out of hours benefits and pay?

Let's give them our blessing and support.
Do not listen to that dirty mob of angry employees.
They are all just whiners.

When you listen to people make sure they have a suit and tie on and their clothes are spotless.
That is the only way you can tell if they are worth anything or should be listened to at all.

Remember, we support bosses and owners.... not the YUCK.... workers.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Such an old argument that you think that Marxism is still a threat to America.
Do you think that witches are also the reason crops fail?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
People keep throwing cheap meaningless phrases without understanding what they are talking about.

I guess anyone who is not a hardcore conservative must automatically be a marxist in their own twisted mind.

There is such a thing as centrism and guess what obama and the democrats are center-right. I guess I should be used to wall street shills and military-industrial complex warmongers getting their way since I am the only one on this forumn who calls them what they are.

At the very least I am the only one who knows the true definitions. Vote SPUSA for real change!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
what tripe

if you are going to paraphrase, get the basic idea right

if you are going to paraphrase and filter it through a politcal agenda, let everyone know by putting a swastika in your avatar and change your screen name to Goebbels

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
No one is asking for entitlements they don't deserve. All they ask is to get what they pay for and to have equal opportunity, not equal results. You can't have equal opportunity or anything remotely close to that with so much outsourcing.

The american government belives in free trade as long as it is the only one dictating the terms on everyone else. Lets not kid ourselves because this is the truth. America, Israel and europe dominating the world markets so that wall street speculators can get filthy rich. If the markets were balanced as they should be, fewer people would be anti-globalisation.

Protectionism is good but the democrats and republicans do not know the word or what it means. More tariffs would restrict imports, bring back jobs to america and also raise taxation indirectly. Those that can afford to buy foreign merchandise would pay a premium thus helping the government raise the money it needs. I am not against global trade, what I am against is FREE trade.

Even a high school graduate should understand that much.

edit on 6/10/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: add photo!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
what tripe

if you are going to paraphrase, get the basic idea right

if you are going to paraphrase and filter it through a politcal agenda, let everyone know by putting a swastika in your avatar and change your screen name to Goebbels

Saying somebody's a Nazi or are like Goebbels because they disagree with you doesn't actually add to the discussion. It only causes divisiveness. You should add to the conversation or put your argument in a meaningful way rather than calling people Nazis.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Oh.....did we forget to say Thank You to Obama? Last time I remembered, I wanted to be well off, able to afford groceries, gas and a little fun stuff. I can say I barely afford gas, I've stocked up on groceries, thank goodness. The fun stuff????? Maybe next year.

Obama is lame, his whole essence is to barely get by. It's what he practices and what he is advocating.

ETA, you know I just watched a Bruce Lee special last night. My thoughts about Obama......hmmmmmm. My thoughts about Bruce Lee...what a great and striving man he was, focused and powerful. I sure would like a leader like that! I am ashamed of Obama.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
Oh.....did we forget to say Thank You to Obama? Last time I remembered, I wanted to be well off, able to afford groceries, gas and a little fun stuff. I can say I barely afford gas, I've stocked up on groceries, thank goodness. The fun stuff????? Maybe next year.

Obama is lame, his whole essence is to barely get by. It's what he practices and what he is advocating.

edit on 6-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

I'm surprised that you can't remember who crashed the economy. No mortal could turn the disaster around that George W Bush put the U.S. in (the 8 years he was in power) within 4 years.
Especially with the Republicans saying their main goal was getting him out of officewww.youtube.com... (not advancing America, but getting their rival out of office) and blocking his every effort and then accusing him of not doing anything?

This is the type of tactics republicans use
www.youtube.com...#!
they don't believe in democracy only winning.

edit on 6-10-2012 by Useyourreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Useyourreason

And who puts republicans in power so often? Sure the media plays an important role in obfuscating reality, but an ignorant population who votes mainly for "good looks", "who is more religious", "who is anti-gay", "birth control", etc.

These are the issues discussed by the lame media and people scope it up like ice cream....sorry can't break t&c!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Useyourreason

(sorry this was a reply to EarthCitizen07 not a reply to myself [silly me])
And who puts republicans in power so often? Sure the media plays an important role in obfuscating reality, but an ignorant population who votes mainly for "good looks", "who is more religious", "who is anti-gay", "birth control", etc.

I am amazed that so many middle income and "working class" people would vote for Romney when he said he is not interested in looking out for the 47% of people who don't pay taxes because they are not going to vote for him anyway.
www.youtube.com...

He has made it absolutely clear that he doesn't care about the botttom half of income earners and yet they still want him as president?! It completely boggles the mind.

These are the issues discussed by the lame media and people scope it up like ice cream....sorry can't break t&c!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Those of you in this thread that believe you understand the economy and the labor problem in this country without leaving your basement really have no room to talk. I live in a county with roughly 40,000 people, and our consensus with the counties around us is the same, good work is becoming almost impossible to find. People are so picky, they don't want to work 1st shift, they don't want to work 3rd shift, they only want to work three days a week. Their nose is running so they don't need to come to work. (They don't call either, so this puts a burden on a good worker to pick up the slack). Factory owners are being taxed almost 50%-60% of their net gains when the game is over. Some people just up and decide to quit without even saying a thing, leaving us empty handed to find another person to take his/her place. It's ridiculous what people have become in this country, a bunch of lazy self entitled bums that want the workplace to conform to their life. I actually heard one girl last week say, "I believe minimum wage should be at least $15 an hour". I have nothing to say to that..

I really love the line, "well i have four kids, i need to work on a schedule that works for me". Did it ever dawn on you not to have the kids when you couldn't afford them?!!? People refuse to live within their means anymore. They can't wait to get that credit card and start piling sh*t up on it. It never matters how much you give someone, they will always want more.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
We need businesses, the Elite, the people who want to work, and jobs for those who can't do complex jobs. We need work for anyone who wants to work, it doesn't mean they all have to be prestigious jobs or well paying jobs. Kids need jobs to build experience when they get out of school. People need jobs that pay a living wage when they desire to start a family. We need businesses to provide for the people who haven't the time to supply their needs. An economy supplies many types of jobs, not just service jobs. We need factories, construction workers, skilled trade workers, service oriented jobs, small through large agriculture businesses, and food supply jobs. Without a broad spectrum of workers an economy can't work properly. A livable wage is what we need, a stable lower middle class. Then we need the elite to create work for many people. Notice I do not say corporations are needed, businesses are needed to make an economy, not corporations. People willing to risk their livelihood to supply work for others so they can survive. Corporate leaders do not have much personal wealth at risk. Quit subsidizing things that don't need subsidizing. Stock certificates are not real money, most companies aren't worth a tenth of the outstanding stock value, it's just gambling.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't give a crap about what Obama said even though there is some truth about it. I am interested in your statement about how the super rich become so wealthy.

Please neo69, or anyone for that matter, give at least ONE example of someone who is worth more than $5 million who has made that money and does not meet any of the following conditions:

1. Employs people at less than $10/hour.
2. Has taken government handouts; bailouts, lobbying to change the rules, etc.
3. Employs Asians, Africans, Indians or Indonesians at slave wages.
4. Gambles with other peoples' money on the stock exchange and/or financial markets.
5. Inherited large sums of money from parent(s).
6. Won the lottery.

Thanks in advance...
edit on 6-10-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join