It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
How many people did Bill gates hire to build his house?

I do have to hit this again because it is so funny.
None. Gates did not hire one single construction worker. They already worked for the contractor he hired to do the job. So how many construction jobs did Bill Gates home construction create?

I might be wrong.
Or you might just respond with whatever is written on the next card Glenn Beck and Matt Kibbe wrote up for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The founders said a lot of things like:

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circlue of our felicities.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Thomas Jefferson

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Here's some back up Mr. D

Darden quadruples PAC donations to $684K

articles.orlandosentinel.com...

This is the same company involved in this:

Darden Restaurants sued in overtime case

www.bizjournals.com...

Most of these people work over 40 hours that's why it's called overtime

This is just the food biz. What happens at other companies?

No I'm sorry OP. More porridge please!!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
What is "middle out"?
Why won't anyone define this phrase from Obama found in the OP?

(from the wife again
)

Heres an on topic, lets see you have insulted me 3 times, and still never answered the question middle out?Be up front with your core beliefs and articulate it. I answered middle out as raising the taxes on everyone that works, squeeze and squeeze with new value added tax, until there is nothing to separate lower, mid, and high income and we have a level playing field. OOOOps gotta rub my hubbys feet now.Hope you read on this time, he is so great he allowed new to be on this compu box.

(You made her so mad, she might get a membership now!)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl
reply to post by Mr. D

Here's some back up Mr. D

Darden quadruples PAC donations to $684K

articles.orlandosentinel.com...

This is the same company involved in this:

Darden Restaurants sued in overtime case

www.bizjournals.com...

Most of these people work over 40 hours that's why it's called overtime

This is just the food biz. What happens at other companies?

No I'm sorry OP. More porridge please!!

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Firstly, the way in which his comments have been skewed to serve your political agenda is perverted.

Secondly, you seem to have massive admiration for a people who have gotten to where they are buy lying, stealing and cheating their entire life. You don't become a one percenter without doing that.

Thirdly, the reason why the rest of the world laughs at you stupid Americans is because the poor, working and middle classes are too busy screwing themselves over to enact any real constructive social change. In Australia and most of the rest of the advanced developed world there is a progressive tax rate. Despite this, there are still people who have huge amounts of wealth and are not discouraged from working hard and screwing over the little guy.

Australia's finances are in far better order that the joke of a debt that the US has stacked up over the years simply because they enjoy massive foreign wars and seem to hate poor people. You can work hard your entire life and still be broke. How many rich kids are born into wealth? Hard work pays off... Don't quit your day job.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Does Obama believe we are entitled to honesty in this country? How about transparency?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Andcoulter

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Andcoulter

Okay, Cupcake, why don't you try to answer my question.

Actually I retract my response.
Talk down to your battered wife, not me.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Andcoulter because: (no reason given)

From beezzer's wife. . . . Wow, this is Beezers wife, last I checked I am an articulate college educated wife mother and tax payer. Why is no one answering his question? Really, just bully and rhetoric but no answer? Our convos in this house may differ, but you know I have my opinions and they are as valid as his. No victims here, but all I read here are victim mentality coming back at him.Thanks, and give a valid response. (I know I can
)

ETA; you stepped in it now, you got my bride irritated.

edit on 6-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Beezer's wife:

It's still condescending to 'talk down' to another woman who is unfamiliar to you and refer to her as 'cupcake'. What is appropriate and respectful however is to refer to the women on this board by their chosen board names. I see this happen often around here and it's borderline sexist and disrespectful. I don't believe your husband meant any harm though. Just saying, it tends to ruffle feathers, including mine.

Thank you -
Thunder Heart Woman

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

From beezzer, didn't know she was a she. Don't care. I use "Cupcake", "Puddin'", "Champ", "Sport", when I'm refering to some people. Plus, the poster didn't come off as polite to begin with. I don't mean disrespect but will only treat people as they treat me.

Quid pro quo.

Plus, no-one has still answered my bloody question!

Kindest regards, ma'am,
beezzer

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Obama's red Marxist rash is showing again !!

He eludes to that philosophy often in subtle ways in order to mask the true agenda.

He can't help himself.

He uses many codewords and buzzwords.

I have said it before . Obama is digging his own tomb.

Even faster today.

What stupid guy says "people , there is no hope . Please vote for me." ????

It is not stupid anyway , he wants out.

And still don't know why.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
These morons don’t realize still that doing this will cause not only jobs to flee the country, but the people with the money to own businesses and corporations will also leave the country for a country that has lower taxes and wants to have jobs for their people!

And they will end up with less revenue coming into the government making the debt worse.

We can still make up the revenue if the companies leave America. Because they still want to do business in America. So we just jack up their import taxes a few thousand percent.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It's Marxist now to believe that a strong middle class makes for a healthy Capitalist economy?
Golly gee.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by xuenchen

It's Marxist now to believe that a strong middle class makes for a healthy Capitalist economy?
Golly gee.

Then could you explain "middle out" versus "trickle down" to me?

No-one else will.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Success is not an entitlement, therefore I see nothing wrong with the quote. Nobody wants to take the elitists money away from them.. just end some tax breaks which, simply put.. are an entitlement(s). And yet the rich have the audacity to say that food for the poor is an entitlement.

There actually is a middle here somewhere, but we can't achieve that with all the arguing & ego getting in the way

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country'

This country does not just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top," Obama said, according to a rush transcript of the remarks. "It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy does not grow from the top-down, it grows from the middle-out.

www.weeklystandard.com...

Yep sure don't believe anybody is entitled to success, just the middle class by attacking those who employ the middle class.

They believe in a country where hard works pays off? Really? Think anyone who becomes rich got their by sitting on their couch putting in 40 hour work weeks, getting holiday pay,triple time, getting 4 weeks of vacation ?

Hard work is what it takes to become a one percenter, hard work is what it takes to stay a one percenter.

A one percenter does not sit on their butts, and wait for a fair shot to be handed to them, they make their own

That freaking fair share garbage,and it is garbage they are already putting more in to this country and their own lives so some marxist can set up on his pedestal looking down on those who took their own lives in to their own hands.

That is the definition of success and that crap about playing by the same rules?

Same rules? Obama has made those rules up as he went along.

Some people need to get their heads out of their you know whats thinking that mediocrity is the path to success.

Obama does not believe everybody is entitled to success, they are only entitled to mediocrity

Obama is the one who signs those rules in to law.

The term "middle class" is first attested in James Bradshaw's 1745 pamphlet Scheme to prevent running Irish Wools to France.[1][2] The term has had several, sometimes contradictory, meanings. It was once defined by exception as an intermediate social class between the nobility and the peasantry of Europe.[

en.wikipedia.org...

Class warfare damn tired of it

The real Obama:

Biden: 'Yes, We Do' Want to Raise Taxes By a Trillion Dollars

Vice President Joe Biden, speaking earlier today in Iowa said, "Yes, we do" want to raise taxes by a trillion dollars:

The war on the middle class continues.
edit on 5-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

But....but...but....wait... I thought he wanted to give everyone a fair shot

www.cbsnews.com...
Orrrrr, was that a fair shot at welfare? I am so confused.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It has been explained to you several times now, you're choosing to be obtuse, trollish and snide in response to the people who took the time to do so. So I'll skip the pleasantries as you have proven that you're not interested in honest discussion, you're interested in mutual um... gratification.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

It has been explained to you several times now, you're choosing to be obtuse, trollish and snide in response to the people who took the time to do so. So I'll skip the pleasantries as you have proven that you're not interested in honest discussion, you're interested in mutual um... gratification.

Okay. So it IS taking money from the wealthy and redistributing it to those whom don't have wealth.

Got it!

Ta!

edit on 6-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Another prime example of something being taken entirely out of context.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No, it is not a simple matter of just take money from the rich. Anyone with half a brain, one bad eye and one bad ear has more than enough ability to recognize that the majority of wealth generated anywhere in this world was done so on the backs of middle, lower and slave classes. What makes the middle class so special is that we are the backbone, we are both producers and most importantly the consumers.

The term consumer driven economy didn't come from nowhere. We can't consume if our employers give our jobs to slave labour in China all because the boss can make 5 billion there instead of 4 billion here at home. We can't consume if we're tossed out of our homes, illegally because some elitist notion of debt driven economy spread to the mortgage lenders.

The elite and wealthy classes have had a heavy hand in driving our economy into the ground so yes those making 250,000/year or more should pay a bit more, the middle class has nothing left to give and we keep falling into the lower class. So the remaining option is to cut off the lower class, let them starve, let them die of easily treatable illnesses... that is literally what cutting 'entitlement' programs amounts to.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join