It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Yeah I do hear hypocrisy like the fact the people who have ripped off the American public the most are those they put in charge of this country:

The Govenrment, and its congressman, but by all means people are free to vilify Wall street all they want.

Hell feel free to scream at the top of theirs voices RICH PEOPLE ARE EVIL!!!

The government is here to save the people from all those "evil banksters,and rich folk".

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Mr. D

Yeah I do hear hypocrisy like the fact the people who have ripped off the American public the most are those they put in charge of this country:

The Govenrment, and its congressman, but by all means people are free to vilify Wall street all they want.

The government is here to save the people from all those "evil banksters,and rich folk".

I never said rich people are evil however who do you think the lobbyist in Washington represent, the boy scouts? Who do you think has lobbied government to get rid of financial regulations, the poor and middle class?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Still doesn't fly considering corporations and banking both have proven they don't need to be in this country so I fail to see the logic why pay people to hurt their own business?

When they can pick up and leave without a second thought?

Does not fly whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

Still doesn't fly considering corporations and banking both have proven they don't need to be in this country so I fail to see the logic why pay people to hurt their own business?

When they can pick up and leave without a second thought?

Does not fly whatsoever.

Where have all the good jobs gone? Yup, they started to send the jobs overseas right about the time when they started to deregulate Wall street and the banking system. They made billions and then moved to other countries so they can make even more money. You have no substance to your argument.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I would appreciate anyone explaining to me how the economy grows from the "middle out".

Please?

Any of you fans of Obama care to explain this?

When the middle class does better the country always does better. You are obviously blind to the fact that when only the wealthy does good the country goes to crap. For the past couple of decades only the wealthy is doing good and look at the shape the country is in.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

I would appreciate anyone explaining to me how the economy grows from the "middle out".

Please?

Any of you fans of Obama care to explain this?

When the middle class does better the country always does better. You are obviously blind to the fact that when only the wealthy does good the country goes to crap. For the past couple of decades only the wealthy is doing good and look at the shape the country is in.

I agree however do not forget the poor in all of this. Many bright minds have come from the poor and they have prospered when there is a level playing field for all. Rags to riches can only happen in a fair and just society.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D

reply to post by Mr. D

I never said rich people are evil however who do you think the lobbyist in Washington represent, the boy scouts? Who do you think has lobbied government to get rid of financial regulations, the poor and middle class?

I cringe every time someone starts spouting off about the Big Bad Lobbyists. If the long term senators and congressmen weren't corrupt as hell, we wouldn't need to worry about the lobbyists. TERM LIMITS...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

Originally posted by Mr. D

reply to post by Mr. D

I cringe every time someone starts spouting off about the Big Bad Lobbyists. If the long term senators and congressmen weren't corrupt as hell, we wouldn't need to worry about the lobbyists. TERM LIMITS...

Term limits is a great idea....so what happens if you get a great political team together only to have to disband it when the term limit is reached? Also, can you describe a lobby that isn't in Washington to make money for their owners and or offer politicians high end jobs when they leave politics?
edit on 5-10-2012 by Mr. D because: ....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
These morons don’t realize still that doing this will cause not only jobs to flee the country, but the people with the money to own businesses and corporations will also leave the country for a country that has lower taxes and wants to have jobs for their people!

And they will end up with less revenue coming into the government making the debt worse.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Just woke up *yawn* I caught the insults and hyperbole, but still haven't seen any definition to Obama's :"middle out".

I guess I'll just have to make up my own.

edit on 6-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country'

This country does not just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top," Obama said, according to a rush transcript of the remarks. "It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy does not grow from the top-down, it grows from the middle-out.

lol

Because no one is!!!!

You have no clue what "entitled" means do you?
It means you think you deserve to have success given to you even if you do NOTHING to earn it.

Tell me you think you are entitled to success!

This is actually a question given to sex offenders to determine their level of danger to society.
"Do you think you are entitled to sex."
If you say yes, you are dangerous.

Go look up entitled while I piss myself silly laughing at you barking back at Obama that anyone is entitled to anything.
So f'n funny.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

No, rich people awesome. They are all job creators. None of them inherit, accumulate, and hoard wealth.

Rich people gave me a job. And as long as I keep giving them my money and helping make up their taxes, they will keep giving me a job so I can give them my money and help pay their taxes so they can give me a job so I can.....

You are the comedian here I take it?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Andcoulter

Okay, Cupcake, why don't you try to answer my question.

Define "middle out" as stted by Obama and referenced by the OP.

Everyone else has stated that it is forcing the wealthy to give their money to the middle class, or posters have just resortd to hyperbole and insults.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
These morons don’t realize still that doing this will cause not only jobs to flee the country, but the people with the money to own businesses and corporations will also leave the country for a country that has lower taxes and wants to have jobs for their people!

And they will end up with less revenue coming into the government making the debt worse.

Here is an excellent article on how small businesses can help drive the economy if the figures are correct.
If my memory is correct, I think it will only be the too big to fail corporations and multinational corporations that will leave as small and mid size business are mostly owned by American citizens that are middle class and don't plan on moving.

usgovinfo.about.com...

Lower taxes put more money into the peoples pocket. The people will put that money in savings or stocks, pay off debts, mortgages, buy merchandise and services. All good things for the economy and a Balanced Budget Amendment couldn't hurt either.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Mr. D because: because

edit on 6-10-2012 by Mr. D because: because

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

How many people do poor people hire?

How many people did Bill gates hire to build his house?

How many people did Bill gates hire to create microsoft?

How many people did Steve jobs hire?

How many people who bought stock in both those companies became millionaires?

Uh then name all the millionaire and and billionaires social programs created?

Thanks.
edit on 6-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

"This country does not just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top," Obama said, according to a rush transcript of the remarks. "It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy does not grow from the top-down, it grows from the middle-out. We do not believe that anybody is entitled to success in this country. But we do believe in opportunity. We believe in a country where hard work pays off and responsibilities are rewarded and everybody is getting a fair shot and everybody's doing their fair share. And everybody's paying by the same rules. That is the country believe in. That is what we have been fighting for the last four years. That is what we're going to put in place in the next four years if you reelect me as president of the United States of America."

Maybe if Government got out of the way, of TAXING and TRYING to run everyone's lives with his and its own version of the Pursuit of Happiness, The American people would once again be prosperous.

Hes been fighting for four years? Really Obama? Hes been Polarizing this Country!

All hes going to do, if he becomes President again, is enact more draconian measures, and to usher Americas complete downfall.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Actually I retract my response.
Talk down to your battered wife, not me.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Andcoulter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

The poor people, it is true, have been much less successful than the great. They have seldom found either leisure or opportunity to form a union and exert their strength; ignorant as they were of arts and letters, they have seldom been able to frame and support a regular opposition. This, however, has been known by the great to be the temper of mankind; and they have accordingly labored, in all ages, to wrest from the populace, as they are contemptuously called, the knowledge of their rights and wrongs, and the power to assert the former or redress the latter. I say RIGHTS, for such they have, undoubtedly, antecedent to all earthly government, — Rights, that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws — Rights, derived from the great Legislator of the universe.

John Adams Framer and Founding Father.

How far we've drifted....

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

How many people do poor people hire?

Every single one of my clients is poor or middle class.
No rich person ever gave me a job in my life.

How many people did Bill gates hire to build his house?

Not nearly as many as the people the put up the housing tract across the street from me. Did Bill Gates invent the construction industry and suddenly create new construction workers? Or did he, ya know, keep them employed for a little bit. Are they building his house for life or is this a really stupid question?

How many people did Bill gates hire to create microsoft?

So this is what you do when your OP is wrong and I call you out on it? You pivot like this?
So weak.
How did Bill Gates get rich?
Rich people buying his #ty software or lots and lots and lots of middle class people buying his crappy software?

Do you understand how Bill Gates earned his money? By selling things to poor and middle class people. Do you think Rich people buy extra copies of microsoft software just because they are rich?

What percentage of the money Bill Gates made so far came to him from the wallets of the middle class and the poor?

CAN YOU ANSWER THAT?
How many rich people got rich out of thin air?

How many people did Steve jobs hire?

Did you get so confused by my post that instead or actually responding, you googled "who ripped off the Amiga OS best and first?"

Gosh I love your idea of holding of thieves who stole other people's work, sold it to the middle class and got rich doing it.

You are #ing funny!

How many people who bought stock in both those companies became millionaires?

Uh then name all the millionaire and and billionaires social programs created?

Thanks.
edit on 6-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

How about you actually respond to my post instead of hitting reply and spouting off all this random crap. I would love to play your game but I did not even start drinking yet so I am still pretty functioning. Obviously I am not qualified.

If you want to ask me questions, reply to what I said first.

...and do not call me cupcake.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andcoulter

Actually I retract my response.
Talk down to your battered wife, not me.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Andcoulter because: (no reason given)

From beezzer's wife. . . . Wow, this is Beezers wife, last I checked I am an articulate college educated wife mother and tax payer. Why is no one answering his question? Really, just bully and rhetoric but no answer? Our convos in this house may differ, but you know I have my opinions and they are as valid as his. No victims here, but all I read here are victim mentality coming back at him.Thanks, and give a valid response. (I know I can
)

ETA; you stepped in it now, you got my bride irritated.

edit on 6-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join