It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by NavyDoc

What over regulation? What refineries closing? The pipeline as in Keystone? The one that Obama wants to build but can't because it goes through Sovereign Tribal lands and the Native Americans said no? That one? Next anything but greed excuse please.

As a tax paying, voting, American citizen, I feel ENTITLED to the property rights given by the constitution. I am not sure why any right wingers think it is OK to steal land from anyone. There are more people like me with land in the way than your example of NA.

Damn, now I am defending property rights and the constitution again. Silly liberal that I am.
What was the topic of this thread again?

Oh yeah, NEO is entitled to success. NEO does not understand "entitled." NEO has a problem with other people feeling entitled. You apparently have no regard for property rights and want a pipe built for no reason.

I get it now. I got a dart board with random right wing radio topics and will just start chucking at it so I can be more up to speed with all the tap dancing around the fact that the OP is a right winger whining that Obama said no one should be just handed wealth for no good reason.

Tap tap tap, pipeline, tap tap tap, bill gates is a self made man, tap tap tap, Obama made gas almost as expensive in my town as Bush did, tap tap tap.

I am getting the "rhythm" of the thread yet?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andcoulter

Great job Beezz! You managed to help Neo get his thread so off topic that I get off topic removals for referring to the title and subject of the thread.

Unlike most, I actually want to discuss the topic of the thread. I knew that would be bad as soon as I read it.
So what are we supposed to be discussing? Bill gates, Keystone?

That is a great point -

very ironic, I read your post and it was an attempt to get back on topic

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Andcoulter

You forgot to tie in Sharia Law. Does anyone else get hilarious cartoon images in their head of frightened neocons running around with crazy spaghetti arms waving in the air, during these arguments... er discussions?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

This country does not just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top," Obama said, according to a rush transcript of the remarks. "It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy does not grow from the top-down, it grows from the middle-out.

www.weeklystandard.com...

Yep sure don't believe anybody is entitled to success, just the middle class by attacking those who employ the middle class.

They believe in a country where hard works pays off? Really? Think anyone who becomes rich got their by sitting on their couch putting in 40 hour work weeks, getting holiday pay,triple time, getting 4 weeks of vacation ?

Hard work is what it takes to become a one percenter, hard work is what it takes to stay a one percenter.

A one percenter does not sit on their butts, and wait for a fair shot to be handed to them, they make their own

That freaking fair share garbage,and it is garbage they are already putting more in to this country and their own lives so some marxist can set up on his pedestal looking down on those who took their own lives in to their own hands.

That is the definition of success and that crap about playing by the same rules?

Same rules? Obama has made those rules up as he went along.

Some people need to get their heads out of their you know whats thinking that mediocrity is the path to success.

Obama does not believe everybody is entitled to success, they are only entitled to mediocrity

Obama is the one who signs those rules in to law.

The term "middle class" is first attested in James Bradshaw's 1745 pamphlet Scheme to prevent running Irish Wools to France.[1][2] The term has had several, sometimes contradictory, meanings. It was once defined by exception as an intermediate social class between the nobility and the peasantry of Europe.[

en.wikipedia.org...

Class warfare damn tired of it

The real Obama:

Biden: 'Yes, We Do' Want to Raise Taxes By a Trillion Dollars

Vice President Joe Biden, speaking earlier today in Iowa said, "Yes, we do" want to raise taxes by a trillion dollars:

The war on the middle class continues.
edit on 5-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but the man is clueless. Don't know what else to say.

Middle Class Bears the Brunt of President Obama’s Failed Economic Policies.Posted by Katie BoydSeptember 24, 2012GeneralMiddle-class Americans are taking it on the chin in the Obama economy – paying more for everything from gas to groceries while incomes are dropping and good-paying jobs are harder to come by. The president himself said this weekend that “America succeeds when the middle class does well,” but his failed economic policies are making it nearly impossible for them to do so. Here’s a look at how the president is making a dismal economy even tougher for middle-class Americans:

•FEWER MIDDLE-CLASS JOBS. According to a recent National Employment Law Project study, “mid-wage jobs, paying between $13.83 and $21.13 per hour, made up about 60 percent of the jobs lost during the recession. But those mid-wage jobs have made up just 27 percent of the jobs gained during the recovery to date. By contrast, low-paying jobs have constituted roughly 58 percent of the jobs gained since 2010,” The Washington Post reports. There are currently 23 million Americans who are unemployed, underemployed or have given up looking for work in the Obama economy and, according to Reuters, the labor force participation rate “has fallen … to a 31-year low of 63.5 percent.”
•LOWER WAGES. According to the Census Bureau incomes fell “sharply for middle-income and working-age people” last year, “the fourth consecutive annual decline” under President Obama, USA Today reports. The Wall Street Journal says that “three years after the economy hit its trough, median household income is down $2,544, or nearly 5%,” causing “enormous harm to middle-class households.”
•HIGHER COSTS. “A jump in the cost of gasoline pushed U.S. consumer prices up in August at the fastest pace in more than three years and squeezed spending on other items, threatening to further slow the already sluggish economy,” Reuters reports.
•RECORD HIGH GAS PRICES. Gas prices have doubled on President Obama’s watch, hitting record highs over the Labor Day weekend last month. Economists warn that high gas prices are “slowing the already-weak U.S. economy” and “could get worse in the coming months” at a time when “Americans are already feeling pinched by high unemployment [and] slow wage growth,” the Associated Press reports.
•RISING HEALTH CARE COSTS. Despite promising to “bend the cost curve” with the government takeover of health care, the most recent Kaiser Health survey shows that “health insurance premiums rose 4 percent for family coverage this year.” “Low-wage workers were hit hardest, paying on average $1,000 more each year toward their premiums for family coverage than workers at higher-wage firms. They were also more likely to have high deductibles, according to the survey.”
•SIX MILLION HIT WITH THE OBAMACARE TAX PENALTY. President Obama claimed in a “60 Minutes” interview yesterday that he had not raised taxes on middle-class families, but according to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office, the individual mandate at the center of ObamaCare will hit “6 million Americans — most of them in the middle class” with an average tax penalty of $1,200, the Associated Press reports.
•FEWER COAL JOBS & HIGHER ENERGY COSTS. President Obama’s war on coal put another 1,200 miners out of work last week, adding to the thousands of other coal-related jobs that have been destroyed by the administration’s “relentless regulatory assault over the last four years,” as an editorial in today’s Wall Street Journal puts it. The Government Accountability Office estimates that the administration’s excessive regulations could shut down as much as 12 percent of the country’s coal-fired energy plants and drive up “electricity prices by as much as 13.5 percent in some areas of the country.”
•MORE FAMILIES LIVING PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK. Reuters reports that “more than two-thirds of Americans” lucky enough to have a job in the Obama economy “are now living paycheck to paycheck,” according to a recent American Payroll Association survey. A report by the University of Michigan earlier this year found that “one out of five families owes more on credit cards, medical bills, student loans and other unsecured debt than they have in savings,” and “the number of families surveyed at the end of 2011 that have no savings at all increased to 23.4%, compared with 18.5% in 2009,” USA Today reports.
House Republicans have passed nearly 40 bipartisan bills that would help create a better environment for private-sector growth and job creation that are being blocked by Senate Democrats. President Obama has failed to lead by allowing these bills to remain stalled while middle-class Americans struggle to make ends meet. President Obama owes middle-class Americans more than a stump speech, and he ought to call on Senate Democrats to pass these bills so all Americans have a real shot at the economic opportunity they deserve.
www.speaker.gov...

edit on 6-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator
didn't you know???

the oil companies want to make less money!

I keep forgetting that all businesses are altruistic in nature and only reap massive profits by accident and wish they did not. ATS is helping to remind me. I know the grocery store I go to does everything they can to sell their products as cheaply as possible because the guy that owns the chain has enough money already. Oh, wait no that is not reality. He still wants more money and they still raise prices. Shoot, thought we had this all worked out.

It is the government that is forcing them to become so rich, because the liberals are punishing them
for being successful!
errr ????

I am with you, I am with you. I am just having a hard time thinking of a great example. Hmmmmm.
Let me see here.

Bill Gates has come up a lot.
Let me see.

1. Bill Gates gets his hand on an Amiga and is blown away by the GUI.
2. Bill Gates claims he invented the GUI with no credit going to Commodore International which really helps catapult his OS in the marketplace in the states.
3. Bill Gates sells his product.
4. Bill Gates is punished by the government for making money.
5. Bill Gates becomes one of the richest people on the planet.

That all adds up to me.
Clearly he is so rich because of all the punishment.
Obama might punish him even more and then what, he might get even richer and we both know he does not want that. He wants to create jobs.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
The blame game????again????? Yet you ignore the fact he had the first two years as an open book, anything he wanted. Why do people seem to forget this?

Because the Republicans with filibuster power used a record number of filibusters to stop anything and everything including bills sponsored and written by Republicans just to stop them.

Why do you pretend that did not happen?
Do you feel ENTITLED to your own set of facts?

Ha, see what I did there.
I tried to get back on topic again.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

You forgot to tie in Sharia Law. Does anyone else get hilarious cartoon images in their head of frightened neocons running around with crazy spaghetti arms waving in the air, during these arguments... er discussions?

Shhhhhhh. You are gonna give away the whole agenda. Next you will be telling them about our secret plan to have our in the closet gay president and his lover fill our military with nothing but homosexuals.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You're missing the point

The government punishes rich people for their success by keeping their taxes low,
which forces them to raise prices on commodities 300%.

It is punishment to make so much money -

The real problem is prices aren't high enough!!!

edit on 6-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You're missing the point

The government punishes rich people for their success by keeping their taxes low,

I am sorry. I am kinda stupid so I have trouble grasping this stuff.

So maybe if the government did not tax rich people at all and only taxed the middle class and the poor, stuff would be cheaper, right?
I feel entitled to cheaper stuff now. I did not when I opened the thread but # it.

What can you and I do to help lessen the tax burden on rich people so they can sell stuff cheaper? Oh, and while we are at it. Maybe if they get tax subsidies (more of our money) they will create jobs and employ us too!
edit on 6-10-2012 by Andcoulter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by neo96

A one percenter does not sit on their butts, and wait for a fair shot to be handed to them, they make their own

Where did you come up with this fantasy at? A vast majority of the one percenters come from inherited wealth they didn't work for anything it was handed to them. Unless you call waiting for mommy and daddy to die work.

Can you actually back that statement up? Vast majority? I'm not so sure about that. After two or three generations, the wealth tends to get squandered. I know many people who are in the "1%", and they started from humble beginnings.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
I know many people who are in the "1%", and they started from humble beginnings.

Can you back that statement up?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

1. According to a study of Federal Reserve data conducted by NYU professor Edward Wolff, for the nation’s richest 1%, inherited wealth accounted for only 9% of their net worth in 2001, down from 23% in 1989. (The 2001 number was the latest available.

blogs.wsj.com...

Less than 10% of today's "millionaires" inherited their money.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
I know many people who are in the "1%", and they started from humble beginnings.

Can you back that statement up?

How would you expect me to?

It's not the same as what I requested of buster. He would provide statistics from a legitimate source.

Me...you want...what, exactly

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You're missing the point

I am sorry. I am kinda stupid so I have trouble grasping this stuff.

So maybe if the government did not tax rich people at all and only taxed the middle class and the poor, stuff would be cheaper, right?
I feel entitled to cheaper stuff now. I did not when I opened the thread but # it.

What can you and I do to help lessen the tax burden on rich people so they can sell stuff cheaper? Oh, and while we are at it. Maybe if they get tax subsidies (more of our money) they will create jobs and employ us too!
edit on 6-10-2012 by Andcoulter because: (no reason given)

The reason America is failing is because the taxes need to be lower and lower (for the rich people)

For example when George Bush took office, gas was at $1.15 - the summer before he left office gas
was $4.50 - that nearly 400% jump is because when he lower taxes for them twice, he didn't lower them
enough. It is also because when Dick Cheney had those private meeting with oil companies he made
them sad and so they needed to charge 4 times as much money to pay for therapy.

Who cares anyways?

Gas is cheap, it's not like people on ATS buy gas!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The blame game????again????? Yet you ignore the fact he had the first two years as an open book, anything he wanted. Why do people seem to forget this?

Because the Republicans with filibuster power used a record number of filibusters to stop anything and everything including bills sponsored and written by Republicans just to stop them.

Why are you ignoring the facts???? Can't face them? Cat got your tongue???? Here, let me tell you again: He had the first TWO YEARS as an open book, anything he wanted. Why do people seem to forget this?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Why are you ignoring the facts???? Can't face them? Cat got your tongue???? Here, let me tell you again: He had the first TWO YEARS as an open book, anything he wanted. Why do people seem to forget this?

He tried to work out healthcare with the Republicans, or do you forget?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Did you need me to write that down again for you?
You do not understand what it means do you? It is a fact. It flies in the face of what you claim is a fact. The Dems did not have two years to do whatever they wanted or else there would not be over a hundred dead bills from Republican filibusters, would there be?

Need it again.

That is a fact. You never put any facts in your post.
Hey, BTW have you seen the title or OP of this thread?

There is actually a topic here.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Those of you that are fighting so hard for higher taxes on the top earners, have you even tried to sit down and do the math? If we taxed people that earned one million dollars and up at 100%, going by the 2009 IRS figures, it would help our government operate for roughly two months.

Two months at 100 percent. That's a very far cry from where the left wants the tax rate to be, and it still barely helps. Honestly i don't understand why we just don't eliminate income tax completely. Or set a flat rate for everyone. I don't think anyone can argue that's not fair. Our country functioned for almost 130 years on no income tax at all, and most people regarded it as something radical when they proposed it. It's a perfect example of how big our government has become. Income tax is nothing short of someone waiting by your vehicle on friday evening, robbing you of 35% of your check.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The Bush tax cuts only for the rich eh?

Then Why is Obama fighting to keep those tax cuts for incomes up to 250 thousand eh?

could be because those bush tax cuts benefited everyone.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join