It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CSIS report on Annonymous...(hacktivist collective)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
this is news in canada and i thought youd like to hear what CSIS is saying about all you "hackytivists" out there......
I hope some Annons read this and comment.......maybe.
home.mytelus.com.../capfeed/national/20350422.xml
edit on 5-10-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Canada's spy agency says the online collective Anonymous isn't just a thorn in the side of the powerful, but the new model for digital hacktivism.

CSIS's mandate is to protect the side of the powerful, eh?

Anonymous has carried out attacks against governments, corporations and others in the name of free speech, Internet liberties and, more so in the last year, anti-capitalist causes.

Anti-captialist? ...wat

A newly declassified report from the Canadian Security Intelligence Service says although hacktivism — a blend of hacker smarts and social activism — has existed for years, it is only now that conditions have allowed such groups to flourish.

Possibly due to the massive amounts of corruption in the ranks of the powerful?

CSIS points to the global reach of the Internet, the availability of numerous free attack tools and the growth of social networking sites

No CSIS, it's probably due to the massive amounts of corruption in the ranks of the powerful...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
And I hope someone follows the posting guidelines and add a summary or a transcript of the linked report for those who don't want to click or who are too lazy to

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thats about it above.. thanks for the encapsulate and interpretations which are about the same as my own....I couldnt seem to get my link to work so the above will have to do for now....
working on the link. again thanks

here a rough sumary from the link...."OTTAWA - Canada's spy agency says the online collective Anonymous isn't just a thorn in the side of the powerful, but the new model for digital hacktivism.

Anonymous has carried out attacks against governments, corporations and others in the name of free speech, Internet liberties and, more so in the last year, anti-capitalist causes.

A newly declassified report from the Canadian Security Intelligence Service says although hacktivism — a blend of hacker smarts and social activism — has existed for years, it is only now that conditions have allowed such groups to flourish.

CSIS points to the global reach of the Internet, the availability of numerous free attack tools and the growth of social networking sites.

Anonymous captured headlines in Canada earlier this year with threatening demands that Public Safety Minister Vic Toews resign over a federal bill that would give police and spies easier access to information about Internet users."

The result, to be noted in this instance WAS a campaign of alledged information about the minister in question on You Tube.....

It is interesting to see that these hacktivists have garnered the ire of these various security orgs yet few, if any real arrests and convictions have yet to be announced (considering the volume of material they have presented)
I am wondering, if there may be some real "white hats" within these systems who are foot dragging over the investigations eliberately somehow.....just a thought...

new topics

top topics

join