It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone ever hear a distant talking or music when it's quiet in your house?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleBit111

I hear it all the time, mostly around fans.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: brokenghost

I actually sleep with a fan on, always have, but 2 years ago I got this nicer metal wire fan, 3 settings, even the lowest is loud, but works as I wanted, thing is, I have to wear ear plugs because I will disect the fan noices and be able to break down what each sound is and what is making that sound so I have to wear ear plugs because I will not goto sleep and instead race through my mind to figure out the sounds.

But the whole reason I have a fan in the 1st place is to drown out the sounds I can hear outside of the house, it's remarkable.

But not as remarkable as the sounds I hear when I have the ear plugs in and the fan on.

I will swear someone is saying something to me only to see no one there, nothing 100% audible that I can repeat it, but a faint but certain voice, only to be nothing.

I have thought it was my kids but no, and it's not just with voices, it's with noises too, that would be related to humans moving around, but the house is quiet and you can sit in the house alone, with nothing on at night and not hear anything weird, but I do through these ear plugs.

I have tinnitus from working on F-16s in the Air Force, even that double hearing protections didn't cut it around those turbines.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Duplicate Victory

This double posting will self destruct.... in 22.8 years...

You've been warned.
edit on 30-1-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
A reply to littlebit111:

I was staying at a b and b last year and the old owner would tell about the old timey 1920s far away music he heard at night just before going to sleep.

I am researching the slice of time theory because it's not only music that is moving across time.

The old owner reported that 22 pair of eye glasses went missing over a ten year time frame.

Last year the new owners began finding bits of eye glasses on the bed in the same room where they were lost in.

Also a driver's license was lost by a guest only to show up 4 years later in the same room.

Your thoughts...

I am glad I finally found this blog... the comments from the others do not show up on any search.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I used to hear it more frequently when I was younger.

Voices talking, but no one was home when I was a kid. In my twenties I began hearing music. A friend of a friend had a house where it was much more noticeable. I was told that if you stood in a certain area of the hallway it was crystal clear in the middle of the night. Ranged from symphonies to more ethereal ambient space trance.

In my current locale I haven't really heard anything in quite a while.

I've always wondered if it was a combination of the house history or possibly just acoustic phenomena.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamatus
Joan of Arc suffered from the same thing you may be, Tinnitus. It can be anything from a ringing sound in your ears to voices. Time to see doctor........

"And now I know how Joan of Ark felt.
NOW I KNOW HOW JOAN OF ARK FELT!
....As the flames rose,
To her Roman nose
And the hearing aid
Started to Melt."

-The Smiths

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Could be a symptom alcohol withdrawl . Delerium Tremons. Or Benzo withdrawl.
Auditory hallucinations are associated with both.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
the house I live in is never Quiet... there's 3 generations of family, 2 dogs, 6 cats, 1 sugar-glider squirrel...

I sleep with the radio on Coast-2-Coast AM (and have done so since 1990 some 90% of all nights)
So... I avoid silence indoors
but outdoors Nature sounds like Union Station or the Bahn Hof in Germany...
I constantly hear music, symphonies, bells, chimes, chants, whispers...I once tried communicating with the whispers via telepathy because talking to myself would have been problematic

mostly I tune-out the external noise and absorb my thoughts with my breathing and forming the invisible force field around myself

if you hear voices or music/melodies in a quiet house... then you probably get the soul chilling feelings in large cavernous places like concert halls/theatres...caves or planetariums.... these are all Transcendental experiences, very cool

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Omg yes I have the same issue from childhood. I thought I was the

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kjb1070

Was this directed at me?
edit on 20-5-2017 by brokenghost because: shiza

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I hear motorcycles going up and down through there gears.

I can be in the middle of the desert in the middle of the night where i know there is no motorcycles and still hear them.

Yes i have tinnitus and am 10% service connected due to the time working in engine rooms on navy ships and the little hearing protection we had at the time.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I believe this thread is where my first ATS post is. I heard faint beautiful sounds for about 2 million nuts (lol, auto correct, should be 2 months) after I moved into my new house and found ats. I did post about how it was my neighbors very expensive wind chime but sense then I have been more aware..of this (and many things).

I keep my music low on NPR sometimes for weeks at a time. Twice I heard distant music and checked to see if it were my radio... it wasn't.

Is it all in my mind? Possibly but I don't think it ends there.
edit on 21-5-2017 by veracity because: 2 million nuts

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I hear it music sometimes after first waking up. Probably a dream wearing off.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yes. When my next door neighbor plays their stereo late at night.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I heard talk years ago and just yesterday and today bad music. Too faint to make out. Driving me crazy

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join