It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get out of your stocks NOW!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I've ever written one of those secretive threads before, as in "My uncle told me something horrible is coming, but I can't tell you what it is," and usually I think that 90% of it is probably hogwash.

Well, I guess there's always a first. I learned something today that -- if I were invested in stocks -- would make me drop them immediately. Unfortunately I can't go into details, because the company I'm working for is putting this info out in one of their paid publications, so I can't just blow this for them. The earliest that I could actually talk about it would be a few months from now, otherwise I'm in big trouble.

Don't get me wrong here: I'm not privy to some imminent stock market crash or what-not (even though I guess all of us here at ATS are expecting a stock market crash or financial collapse at any minute anyway
) -- but IF such a collapse/crash were to happen, then your stocks wouldn't be safe. No matter what kind of stocks you own, you simply couldn't be sure that you wouldn't lose everything, and not through the crash itself, i.e., because of share prices dropping or some such.

It's something else, but as I said, I can't talk about it now. The only (slight) protection you could get would be to spread your stocks over many different brokerages.

That's really all I can tell you. Sorry for sounding so cryptic. I'm going to be offline for the next several hours, so if I don't answer your posts right away, don't start saying, 'The OP has vanished." No, the OP simply has a life.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Heck.. who has stocks anymore.
Not us. We used to have our savings in stocks and got checks for profits etc.. and when that tanked a few yrs ago we pulled it all out and bought gold in hand.. then sold that and invested in "other" things.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

The only (slight) protection you could get would be to spread your stocks over many different brokerages.

That proves you don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

no, now maybe that's a good hint......thift brokers is what he's saying....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The government would not allow this to happen, they would rather get into more debt. That is how the system works.

They have more to loose if this # collapses, creating more debt is their way of just hoping a answer will happen in the future. Their buying time in other words.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
To the OP:

Exactly when is this going to happen? a week? a month?
Lets see how accurate your prediction is.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve is out of control. Alan Greenspan,arguably the worst ex-Fed chairman in history, drove down overnight rates to almost zero in order to stimulate the economy, while ignoring that Japan did the same thing after 1987 and the Nikkei is still suffering. The Fed wants to drive the dollar to zero, so the national debt will be paid with money worth 97% less than the value it was borrowed at. The problem is that this action has begun to drive the American economy and way of life along the same road as the Japanese. The Fed is constantly driving the American Middle Class into non-existence.

The U.S. dollar is continuing its decades-long decline. Their focus on an almost zero interest rate is destroying Treasuries, while at the same time continued rounds of quantitative easing causes inflation that will drive up the costs of the things we buy every day. The only way out as I see it is to find dividend-paying stocks in currencies with healthier futures than the U.S. dollar, then converting them into dollars. This way you get a higher payout even as the dollar loses its purchasing power.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Heck.. who has stocks anymore.
Not us. We used to have our savings in stocks and got checks for profits etc.. and when that tanked a few yrs ago we pulled it all out and bought gold in hand.. then sold that and invested in "other" things.

Good for you.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by sylvie

The only (slight) protection you could get would be to spread your stocks over many different brokerages.

That proves you don't know what you are talking about.

Not sure what you mean -- can you elaborate?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
The government would not allow this to happen, they would rather get into more debt. That is how the system works.

They have more to loose if this # collapses, creating more debt is their way of just hoping a answer will happen in the future. Their buying time in other words.

It doesn't even have to be a total system collapse for you to lose everything; even if it's just your brokerage going bankrupt, you could be screwed.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

To the OP:

Exactly when is this going to happen? a week? a month?
Lets see how accurate your prediction is.

This is not a prediction. It has to do with a legal issue that revolves around stocks, not of a certain company, but stocks in general. In other words (and I might be already saying too much here), if you own a stock, you really own nothing, and the money you get out of it, you'll only get out of it as long as everything flows nicely and there are no disruptions in the system. If any kind of disruption happens, though, you might literally be left with nothing.
edit on 5-10-2012 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
To make it even plainer (but then I really have to stop there): You think owning stock means owning a share of a company. That is no longer the case... and hasn't been for years, but hardly anyone knows about it. I just learned this today, and IMO, it's one of the most explosive "secrets" (though it's not really a secret) I've heard recently.

Remember MF Global, where all the futures investors got a margin call and then had to scramble for their money? The same can happen to your stocks.
edit on 5-10-2012 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Seriously, mods? You put this in "General Chit-Chat"? This is a HUGE deal! At last put it in the "Gray Zone" or something, but it should really be in "Global Meltdown," because if more stuff like MF Global happens -- which is very likely -- investors will lose their shirts.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So, if I sell all my stocks and bonds, and when the Mayan calendar ends in 76 days, but the end of the world never happens, can I sue you for false advertisement?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So, if I sell all my stocks and bonds, and when the Mayan calendar ends in 76 days, but the end of the world never happens, can I sue you for false advertisement?

I already said, this is NOT a prediction or a prophecy. It's a legal issue with stocks that basically leaves you as a shareholder in the dust if there's any problems.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Remember MF Global, where all the futures investors got a margin call and then had to scramble for their money? The same can happen to your stocks.

Once again you know not what you talk about.
Most stocks are NOT bought on margin and therefore cannot be subject to a margin call.

Have you ever bought any stocks?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

reply to post by sylvie

Once again you know not what you talk about.
Most stocks are NOT bought on margin and therefore cannot be subject to a margin call.

Have you ever bought any stocks?

Damn, are you so dense just to be provocative, or do you really not understand this?

I didn't SAY people would get margin calls for stocks!! I COMPARED the situation stockholders are in to the MF Global crash where investors got margin calls and lost everything.

As you may know, MF Global used its clients' assets as collateral... and lost them. THAT's what can happen with your stocks -- do you get it now?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

I didn't SAY people would get margin calls for stocks!! I COMPARED the situation stockholders are in to the MF Global crash where investors got margin calls and lost everything.

That's exactly what you said.
Need I post a C&P again?

Like I said this is another case on ATS where someone doesn't know what they are talking about. Just another fear mongering post with no substance behind it.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by sylvie

That's exactly what you said.
Need I post a C&P again?

Like I said this is another case on ATS where someone doesn't know what they are talking about. Just another fear mongering post with no substance behind it.

Well, if you want to believe that, then go ahead. All I can say is, this info comes from a big-time hedge fund guy who really dug into the regulations and found that stock investors are not protected AT ALL. Since I'm only getting naysayers here, it seems, I'm saving the rest of my breath.

join