It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the lower class gone or being written off? I dont hear any discussing them @ all in the debates?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Are they not part of the country of this nation anymore? Just a important question I felt the need to ask because I don't hear any speaking of the lower class to much just middle and up. Or has the middle class really became the lower and many are hiding the denial with middle class label.

Something I felt some should think about. With that good luck to the who will assist the best those in need.

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
edit on 10/5/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I see denial. Interesting way of consciously not getting to the bottom of issues many say they wish to overcome why at the same time going that direction of the denied.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
LORD I hope this does not mean the lower class does not matter anymore. Very large elephant in the room here I hope someone who will have to deal with it sees!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think they just don't give a darn about them! As far as politicians are concerned low income families don't pay taxes (as in they usually get back far more money at tax time than they ever paid in) so they don't care to pander to them. Obama thinks that he has the lower income family vote locked up because the majority of them receive some kind of government assistance and they will automatically vote Democrat because that gives them the best chance of continuing to do so. Romney also thinks this, so he assumes that it would be a waste of his time to pander to low income families. Therefore to both candidates it is a non-issue so I doubt we will hear either candidate address lower income families at all during the debates.

To me it seems like they just don't care, and what's sad is I'm probably right.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Short answer?...Rising cost of living with stagnant wages has merged the middle and lower class together into one amorphous...we need more money...class, thus forward referred to as the middle-class.

Otherwise...with all the money flowing upwards to the 2% of the wealthiest in this country and income distribution being more lopsided than any time in our history...what's the point of distinguishing between the other classes anymore.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

To me it seems like they just don't care, and what's sad is I'm probably right.

Whats worst is depending on how much more finances are going to go towards WAR like activities the middle class in denial WILL become part of the LOWER un acknowledged. Its really sad and this is why its really important for many to get this into the public eye. For what happens if the pres. or the to be pres. has not factored taking on a large part of the population going into accepting they are now lower class from certain activities that may FORCE this to occur. I have no shame I grew up in the lower class and learned how to recognize what it takes to overcome it so in essence today if in the same time period as my youth I didnt matter. I see many many many becoming extremely mad when the realization of what class they are comes full circle. Thanks little16
for coming in with some content I think its a major issue out in the open being totally ignored due to denial.

reply to post by Indigo5

Yes but how have a middle and high class and no low isnt that denial denial that can cause many to becom highly upset once exposed to what class they really are in once the rules after election rules come out??
1 appreciates your input as well

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well, remember Romney's 47% comment. I think most politicians believe the lower classes are those receiving government hand outs and therefore will automatically vote democratic. Why spend the $$ and time to buy a vote that is already sold?

Seems a bit like living in California. Notice that nominees rarely visit, campaign in, or promise anything to California? That's because everyone knows that California is a 55 electoral college vote head start for the democrat.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I think the focus is on middle class because in theory that's what keeps the country afloat...the target audience should be simply Americans...not upper not middle and not lower...we need jobs for every class of person...I think you will find a greater mix of people with respect to either being a dem or a repub within the middle class..but that's just my opinion
edit on 5-10-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg
Well, remember Romney's 47% comment. I think most politicians believe the lower classes are those receiving government hand outs and therefore will automatically vote democratic. Why spend the $$ and time to buy a vote that is already sold?

You made a lot of sense there hmmm.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

I think the focus is on middle class because in theory that's what keeps the country afloat...the target audience should be simply Americans...not upper not middle and not lower...we need jobs for every class of person...I think you will find a greater mix of people with respect to either being a dem or a repub within the middle class..but that's just my opinion
edit on 5-10-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

I also think if the focus was on all Americans then maybe the class issue would dissolve more less. Of course in the current old world money will place you in more favorable conditions in regards to home purchases and automobiles. But if the issue was attacked wouldn't over time the lower disappear due to the nation pulling them up more. Pulling them up more not with welfare only but with financial management that would educate many so they can eventually get jobs and pay more taxes. Instead of just ignoring them which only enforces that they dont matter which then comes out in society in various lash out behaviors that fuel the prison system a system that teaches them to try and be better criminals and not better citizens of the nation they are part of. Good point as well chrismarco
thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So basically from my observation a reasonable percentage of the population is in the lower class and still there are many on the border of becoming who being in denial wont ask questions of the leaders who may be about to place them in a lower class that they cannot deny.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
When the candidates talk about unemployment and social security who do think they are talking about? The "lower class". When they talk about those on food stamps who do you think that is? The rich? Nope "lower class".

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Double post. Sorry.
edit on 5-10-2012 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It is already happening! Inflation and taxation are already driving people from "middle class" to "lower class" even as we speak. No matter WHO wins the election inflation and taxes will continue to rise, no matter what promises either of them make.

My own family worked hard for many years to climb up the ladder, and now we are slowly but surely sliding back down it. What used to be a comfortable living a few years ago has become a "paycheck to paycheck" existence with nothing left over. It is well on the way to becoming a "robbing Peter to pay Paul" existence with no relief in sight. I see it, even if so many others are blinded to it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Who cares they are low class scum and that's why out economy sucks

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I see so its like a conscious word play around actually saying it as to NOT ALERT MANY DIRECTLY THAT HEY YOUR LOWER CLASS now... But sends the conscious re write program that those needing assistance you can look at that way and point finger to feel better but your still lower class.. I cannot believe how naive many are here. Its really sad and setting some up to be very very very upset.
jjkenobi
thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
I see it, even if so many others are blinded to it.

Atleast your able to littled16
and can prepare or foresee how to manage your finances better. Now visualize some who ask the important debate questions being on the level of awareness you have obtained and asking the proper questions to get the proper answers out. (MSM observers hint
)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Who cares they are low class scum and that's why out economy sucks

No the economy sucks as you say because of overpriced wars my friend lose the denial.
And low life scum the oppressed who struggle hmmm how do you think those above see it those you would consider gods who CAN read brainwaves. Is the low life of EA*RTH who are those who cause massive oil spills and lie and cover them up or those who eat the poisons foods that have to be sold so $$$ can be made smh smh smh...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I'm poor as all get out and unemployed.

I'm not too worried though.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

I understand what your saying now and that's good you know you have it under control. There are many though who may not even sense what may happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join