It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The current world bores big time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Meeting people blows because they are all the same to me, lame people and no good people.

T.V. and radio blows because it's just distractions.

Jobs blow because when you have one it's doing the same thing over and over for long periods of time.

Being online blows because the other people online blow. They aint about doing real things in life because they are all scared to go to jail.

What else have you all been doing besides being online that is not boring to you? Let me know cause I need to figure out something else to do besides try different energy drinks for the highs they bring you.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

try to get cursed. at least, it won't be boring anymore.

just kidding. you can help making the world less boring. you want to know how ?

edit on 5-10-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

One cannot play the flute by merely blowing; he must also use his fingers.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Ahhhh the famous rant

Things tend to get boring when you do them over and over

May I suggest moderation?

Do you believe that sex can actually become boring after a while?

Some annoying ass old man told me "only a boring person becomes bored." Smelly old man told me I was boring!? Needless to say, he was right!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

You don't have kids do you?
Go out, get laid. Learn to play an instrument. Go take some courses at your local college. Go on a cruise. Take a trip to Vegas, that's never boring....ever. Buy an Xbox, play some games. Play poker and have a few beers with your buddies. Go bowling, that's always fun. Support your local football team and go to some games. Join a football team or any sports team for that matter, it's a hoot.

CX

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Just make the new things to do, as big or small as you need.

I go to a lot of talks. I try to make sure they are about what i enjoy, but sometimes they have nothing to do with my interests. I meet new and different people that way. I once went to a "Find your colour" talk, and ended up finding myself being the only guy in a room of about 200 women talking about "what season are you when it comes to fashion?!

I was autumn apparently.

It was a laugh though, and i did learn some things for my own dress sense and my kids too.

Great suggestion about taking up an instrument.
Mine and my kids life has changed since learning guitar, our social circles have changed, music tastes are much more varied, i go to places that are exciting and enjoyable rather than being sat round the bar of the local pub moaning about how boring life is.

I'm only a beginner (been playing about a year), but if guitar ever tickles your fancy, i'll help online anyway i can. It's very easy when you are shown by someone.

Do a search for "try a new thing every day", plenty of blogs and sites about that too.

Good luck, and thanks, whilst things are good here, it has reminded me that i can get stuck in the same habits so easily.

CX.

ETA: You could go overboard like mate of mine did....he volunteered to do a rally to Mongolia, you weren't allowed to use a car over 1200cc. He bought an absolute heap! He experienced all sorts going over mountain ranges and across countries, some quite dodgy areas indeed. Best bit was.....he needed a co-driver, so obviously you'd need someone you know well, with experience, a good navigator, all that yes?

Mongol Rally

He was walking through a town highstreet and saw a street performer playing guitar.....the conversation went like this.....and i mean as basic as this!

Mate: Hi there, i'm doing a rally drive across 20 countries in a clapped out car.

Busker: Cool

Mate: I need a co-driver, do you fancy coming?

Busker: Yeah ok.

That was it!

edit on 5/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Only boring people get bored.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Boring??? Good lord, I cant imagine it. I dont have enough hours in the day, days in the week or years left of life to experience and learn all of the things I want to!! I dont understand how you can be bored like that.. I mean, what do you want? To be entertained by everyone or something?

When my kids whined about being bored, I made sure they werent. They stop whining about being bored and found something all on their own to occupy them that didnt include my input.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Seems like your asking for hobbies.
This might be too much personal disclosure but here are mine.

I play guitar and Banjo and some other instruments,
I have an aquarium lots of stuff to learn about keeping fish happy thats a real science (upgraded several times since I posted pics of the tiny fish bowl I started out with)
I write fiction, sometimes for fun and sometimes for profit.
I try to keep my girlfriend from killing me... full time job
Also my work keeps me entertained

edit on 5-10-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Maybe the answer doesn't lay in the outside world at all, but might be closer to home?

When I was a kid I could spend an entire day with nothing but a stick and find a million different games to play with it. Boredom was an alien concept. As I aged I got jaded and started having expectation sets, things I wanted the world to do for me automatically. That did not work so well. If you expect the world, or people, or a job, to be a certain way, and it isn't? Well that's your doing - not external in nature.

Maybe life is in the eye of the beholder?

~Heff
edit on 10/5/12 by Hefficide because: clarity

top topics

join