posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:29 AM
reply to post by Wildbob77
Come on. This is not a white or black issue. I saw on the news today where white surburban kids brutally beat up another kid. Instead of labeling and
outcasting these kids we need to understand what is going on.
1) Most homes both parents work or are single parent homes
2) These kids raise themselves playing video games like Grand Theft Auto where you commit crimes for points
3) Most of our sports are violent ( I am guilty I love football)
4) They are raised in a culture where violence rules the world
5) They lack self esteem and direction
6) These kids post these videos on social networks ( stupid and a cry for attention)
6) It takes a village to raise a kid these days
Like it or not these kids are our future. How many of you tough guys take the time to talk to kids? As for corporal punishment what are you teaching?
That a bigger person can beat a smaller person? Hypocritical isn't it. The one thing that kept me out of trouble as a child was knowing that my
parents and grandparents would feel ashamed and hurt. We need to teach kids true honor and self respect. That means turning off the television
sometimes and talking. I have worked with a lot of kids of all colors and ages (14-23) the one common thing they seem to lack is logic.Blame the
schools, or whatever you want bottom line this is our problem. To seperate yourself from the situation only compounds the issue. These kids are
tomorrow's revolution they just dont' know who the enemy is. Of course I am not implying that these children are right to do what they are doing.
But we adults must control the situation not alienate ourselves.