It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floating magnetic field motor with DIY instructions to build it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
HI BigBro, I find this interesting because it could improve efficiency of a mechanical driven generator. This could supplement another unconventional power source to turn a generator. It many not be a stand alone generator with the capacity we would want but it cold be a stepping stone.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So are the windings I see wound around magnets.
I see someone holding a magnet off to the right.
That would provide ordinary rotational movement from energized wires.
I don't see any magnets underneath for the rotating magnets to push up on.

There has to be two forces.
The ordinary rotational forces that would have enough extra force for movement.
Some of the rotation force must be reacting with another field somewhere I am not
aware of at the moment.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

As far as I know, it open source with DIY build instructions so some fun experimenting can be had off of this thing, for sure.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

The round black things are circular magnets, you know when you put two magnets close and they attract; then flip one over and it repels? That's how it is floating just by the force of repulsion.

If you build it per the instructions I guess how it operates would become clearer.

Normally, an electrical shaft rides on bearings instead of floating in a magnetic field which causes friction and wear...one of the coolest things about this motor is that it spins with zero friction by floating in an opposing magnetic field instead of on bearings, then another magnetic field (the one in hand) is introduced causing the rotation...if it was attached to bearings; then it really wouldn't be any different than any other electric motor.

As simple this thing is, it has a whole lot going for it as far as physics and electromagnetic's are concerned.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

The floating bearing technique I have seen when buying a computer exhaust fan.
The part write up made a big deal about magnetic suspension.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

If I am understanding what your saying, then this tech is already in use in a computer fan? If that's the case, it's quite possible the maker of this motor reversed engineered it down to a basic tinker toy version...I would have thought news of such a bearing less magnetic field motor would have made headlines of some sort. But then again I'm not exactly keeping up on the latest tech either.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

computer fan magnetic bearings enermax

A couple of Google searches and I narrowed it down.
That looks like the fan I saw and was impressed as I read their blurb about the magnetic
bearing all over the package enclosed in plastic.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ah man, I've been wanting to get into studying magnetism and possible contributing to the race for free energy solutions. Thanks for sharing this, I now have a fun little project to start with

top topics

<< 1   >>

join