Iran, Taliban, al Qaeda fined $6 bn for 9/11 attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

zeenews.india.com

Washington: A New York federal judge has approved a 6 billion-dollar ‘default judgment’ against Iran, and militant insurgent groups, Taliban and al Qaeda, after finding them culpable in the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York.

According to the Fox News, the US judge signed a default judgment pertaining to a lawsuit brought by relatives of 47 victims, who lost their lives during the attacks on the World Trade Center.

Though the judgment is largely symbolic, it provides some hope to the relatives of Sept. 11 victims that someday they can recover damages from the incident. A federal ma
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
ATS Readers, Writers,

Almost laughable, but they are serious. Iran is now, or WAS INVOLVED with 9-11 NOW.. according to this story.

One source I read last night, (cant find THAT link right now), said the reason Iran was thrown into the 6 billion dollar decision is because the dastardly dudes who DID 9-11 "passed through the country of Iran" on their way to commit the crimes of 9-11.

(Never mind that several of the dastardly dudes have come forward as still ALIVE, but their names and pics are still on the propoganda out there!??)

Seems a mighty thin reason to hit Iran with the fines too. But oh well, hell.... another small cup of gas on the bonfire of insane villification of Iran.

War mongering stuff of course.. some bad guys managed to slip into the country, and avoid the guards, Or paid someone off at the airport gates to let them through?? What IS the official skinny on this part of the fairy tale?

Iran is not the greatest friend in the world, but dang, come on..something that has some meat to it for the reasons eh??

Pravdaseeker

zeenews.india.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

OK...so how come Saudi Arabia gets a free pass? This is nothing but foolish posturing.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I wouldn't consider this "Breaking News", but there is a thread going on this already:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

WELL CR*P Sorry, did a search too...Pls kill this thread mods..

Will post in thread posted by Bonez

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hmmm, this post made me start day dreaming about; all the good we could do with our tax dollars in this country, if we stopped pumping out foreign aid...Firstly, pay families bonuses that have lost members and served their country in this "war on terror" and full medical care instead of limit and deny veterans care and benefits.

Top five and what they are saying they use it for:
1. Israel $2.4 billion
Virtually all of this money is used to buy weapons (up to 75% made in the U.S.). Beginning in 2009, the U.S. plans to give $30 billion over 10 years.

2. Egypt $1.7 billion
$1.3 billion to buy weapons; $103 million for education; $74 million for health care; $45 million to promote civic participation and human rights. (Nice job arming yourselves to the teeth)

3. Pakistan $798 million
$330 million for security efforts, including military-equipment upgrades and border security; $20 million for infrastructure. (As thanks for housing Osama)

4. Jordan $688 million
$326 million to fight terrorism and promote regional stability through equipment upgrades and training; $163 million cash payment to the Jordanian government. (Looks pretty stable over there, good job)

5. Kenya $586 million
$501 million to fight HIV/AIDS through drug treatment and abstinence education and to combat malaria; $15 million for agricultural development; $5.4 million for programs that promote government accountability. (Over A half a billion a year, not including all the charity...and you still can't keep flies off your children's faces, or give them blankets and fresh water)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wasn't destroying Afghanistan enough? Guess not. And since when was Iran involved? They should be fining the CIA and Mossad.

Also, what about the money US has to pay to thousands of children killed in drone strikes?
edit on 5/10/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Im sure Iran can give some oil to cover the debt and if the taliban throw in some opium. Then alciada only have to sell some of those weapons, the USA gave to them. Then its all sweet. Money drugs and arms. The yanks will be creaming their pants at this. Because we all know thats what counts in the USA. Weapons, oil, money and drugs. They will be partying in the White house and rubbing their hands with glee.
What a crock...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

Almost laughable, but they are serious. Iran is now, or WAS INVOLVED with 9-11 NOW.. according to this story.

Why not? They all look the same.... brown, bearded, muslim etc....right?
I say fine them till they're broke... and then STOP bombing and invading them.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I suppose there is some 'legal' way to compel payment on this debt?

Except for al Qaeda... where do you send the bill?

Since al Qaeda is a 'collective' designator for a laundry list of 'enemies,' how would this judge target the decision?

And by the way, does this judge actually have the jurisdiction to make such a determination?

How did he come upon the number 6 Billion, I wonder?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What exactly is the evidence that Iran was involved now? I mean it's not Iraq anymore but that was bs. Is anyone going to believe this?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Good luck collecting it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pravdaseeker

if you say

Saudi arabia, Taliban, al Qaeda fined $6 bn for 9/11 attacks

then it is more meaningful especially if you add Mossad and CIA to that !
Taliban and Alghaeda are enemies of Iran what kind of relation they could have !
they say that MKO and Jundullah are not terrorists ! I am sure someday will come that they say Alghaeda and Taliban are some poor peaceful groups. the enemy of enemy is the friend !
we have not forgotten how they supported Saddam against Iran !!!
edit on 5-10-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
They forgot to fine George W. Bush's buddies who have a paper trail right to them. In fact, it is the only paper trail.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Let me guess. If Iran don't pay up they will have someone knocking at the border?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It sounds to me they are setting a legal president for the removal of all the confiscated money found in the middle east that was previously illegal to "send home".

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well, it worked so well last time with Germany I can see why they'd give it a go again. See if they can get the next big war kicked off through demands of money.

For those of you without the historical knowledge -

Germany was fined by the League of Nations to pay back the costs of fighting them during WW1.

This set up a situation where the German people, a proud people, were devastated by the amounts of money they were expected to be paying to the League of Nations. This set up the circumstances for the hatred of the Jews, who were in the banking and money sectors. Money in Germany was so worthless that you could use it to wallpaper your house. In turn, this crushing of a prideful people and the identification of a good group to focus anger on about their monetary circumstance allowed the Nazi party to truly get its claws into the German people.

To the extent that they almost took over the whole damn world.

Now, does anyone really think that the people making these decisions don't know their history?

Why of course they know their history. A good ol'Muslim Hitler is just what the spin doctors call for.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is insulting. How is Iran more responsible than Saudi Arabia?

Cause Iran isn't our little bitch?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad
This is insulting. How is Iran more responsible than Saudi Arabia?

Cause Iran isn't our little bitch?

Do you believe Iran attacked the USA?

Do you think Saudi Arabia could of played a part?

What about Israel?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Let's not stray too far from topic... after all some of those terrorists also came into the US via Canada and Mexico (or am I mistaken about that?) ... but those nations were not targeted by the judge for remuneration.

Frankly, this may be a political 'feel good' stunt in the long run.

And the Saudi Arabia connection is something the US government NEVER seems willing to acknowledge for reasons that escape me....

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 9 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def