It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney cheated at Debate?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Some already speculated in heff's thread about Obama using his blackberry....I don't know what is allowed. I just assumed that note cards were acceptable, so the candidates could stick to their main points. A list of debate rules and a overview of debate etiquette would be interesting.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Speculation about Romney cheating. Okay. There is speculation that Obama cheated .. having an ear bud in his ear and that he kept getting confused because of the voices in his head from it.
Whatever ... I'm not seeing it for either of them.

Speculation based on..nothing as there is no pic or anything.

Or a clearcut tossing of paper onto the podium.

Actually, I didn't know the rule of no bringing notes. I seen, and rewound, the paper drop when the debate first stopped..only to see if I could make out what was on it...but didn't know it was against the rules. I was actually wondering why Obama didn't bring some quick notes. Seems like a good idea to have accurate facts.

He lied a lot (unless you think Romney campaigned on covering pre-existing conditions and not lowering taxes on the wealthy.). Politicians typically twist and bend the truth of course..rarely flat out deadpan lie...but whatever...factcheckers will (and have been) ripping them apart. But if there is actual cheating going on, either way, then one of two things need to happen.
Either some sort of public consequence needs to happen to the cheaters, or rules need to change where a person can bring in a single piece of paper with facts and figures on it..a cheat sheet sort of thing..just one though, legal size, and a certain font size. Would actually work against them if they put too much on there and forced to squint and spend ages looking for the correct numbers, possibly losing momentum.

Personally, I think notes and such would be good. I want actual facts verses whatever the candidates memorized the night before and wonder if your hearing just random numbers.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Or he could be just a better speaker and a lot smarter and more professional and more qualified and the list goes on and on. I wonder if getting your a$$ kicked is covered under Obama care

Foreign Policy next.
Keep up you victory dance. The right has gone so overboard with this that it leave some requirements

1) Romney, now with such frothing happiness and football spiking, -must- win every other debate hands down now...anything less and it will go from crazy amounts of praise to sudden scorn and near suicide watch panic.

2) Because of these results, far more independent and even right leaning people will be tuning in due to the news of the previous debate..interested in seeing what all this is about. It was a given that Obama would win the debate and so many were fairly uninterested...now interest is there..now more people will be watching, the next policy (foreign) will be very big and important.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Romney just sugar coated everything, suddenly started caring about the poor lol. That man at the debate was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Obama did bad, i expected him to do better, but i guess he underestimated the wolf.

expecting Debate #2 more.

Just to clarify before i get labelled: < Canadian

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Please see 'updated' first post - I added a quote from 'Presidential Debates'.

Thanks.

peace

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm posting this to be fair. Although I would have loved for Romney to get caught cheating, I think this can be debunked.

A close analysis of video of the debate supports that. At 1:26:35 in the video, Romney picks up the same white object—clearly a handkerchief this time—to wipe his face.

www.usnews.com...

I would like to encourage conservatives, Republicans, etc. to follow my lead and make an effort to prove/disprove/debunk something; even if it goes against your agenda and/or party line. Liberals, Democrats, etc.; I extend the same to you as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Thanks for the info and photo! I wouldn't call it fool-proof but it is plausible as I stated earlier. Though it leaves me wondering why Mitt would hand over a used hanky to his son from the podium and after the debate after trying to put it in his vest pocket a a couple of times? Though what he handed his son might have been...? We may never know!

Thanks!

peace

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

AHA!!

So it was not a piece of paper.

It was a two way radio!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Though it leaves me wondering why Mitt would hand over a used hanky to his son from the podium and after the debate after trying to put it in his vest pocket a a couple of times? Though what he handed his son might have been...? We may never know!

Thanks!

peace

Both candidates were provided paper and pen to take notes during the debate. When watching the debate you can see both Romney and Obama scribbling down notes as the other one talks. That piece of paper that Mitt gave his son was an unfolded piece of paper that Mitt folded up just prior to handing it to his son. He probably wanted to keep it for posterity sake, or maybe to prevent the media or political opponents from seeing what was on it.

That's my take anyway.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This really is sad, heard the same claims about GWB Republicans are "just too stupid" and don't know nothing.

Same old tune that has been played out on these boards for years the truth is the Republicans have never been as stupid as they have been made out to be.

Romney did not cheat geez.
edit on 5-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It was a handkerchief. Before you go overboard with the anti-Mittens accusations you should be aware that Obama DID have notes. In fact, a copy of his notes is floating around the interwebz.

**picture snipped**

Check it out here: Obama Debate Notes

edit on 5-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That looks totally fake but it is FUNNY AS ALL GET OUT!

Anyways ... looks like the questions the OP asked are answered.
No .. Mitt Romney didn't cheat. He just plain ol' won a debate.

Case closed.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

If you're not seeing it then maybe you didn't watch the video - as the video clearly shows Mitt removing something that looks like a stack of notes from his pocket and placing it on the podium just before the debate.

At this link - there is a video of him removing the (said) notes and handing them to his son.

Link to removing notes

But you're right. Maybe he didn't cheat. Maybe it's just something that looks like a stack of notes.

peace

edit on 5-10-2012 by silo13 because: clip quote

Pretty sure they're provided scratch paper for the debate to write on - that appears to be what that was there. And it wasn't the same thing as what he put down at the beginning. Wouldn't be surprised if he cheated, but even he wouldn't be so blatant about it.

ETA: Oh, I see mystery solved.. I thought it'd end up being nuttin..
edit on 5-10-2012 by redtic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Everything Mitt had to say could not possible have fit on a freaking note card.
His actions, versus Obama's inactions, spoke louder than any scribbled notes.
Whether those were notes or a hanky, it still has nothing to do with how well he performed.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

They're really going overboard with trying to discredit Romney.

Sour Grapes I think.

Even if a "cheat sheet" was there, he still had to make the presentations and rebuttals Effectively !!

And it wasn't like Romney was ignorant of the issues and facts like maybe Obama seemed to be ?

Cheaters usually can't do two things at once anyway .....

Just review Obama's performance and see.

And another wild rumor is circulating....
It seems Obama was caught doing This again after the debate !!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

This from a guy whos last 50 threads are Breitbart Recopies.

Thats Rich.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by xuenchen

This from a guy whos last 50 threads are Breitbart Recopies.

Thats Rich.

My latest isn't.

In fact several of the last ten are not from Breitbart.

Looks like you assume too much.

What are people scared of ?

Obama is being re-vetted as we speak.

By the way, what did Obama say and do during the debate ?

Somebody somewhere Must have a sensible explanation for the meltdown ?

Obama has difficulty discussing the issues and policies.......too many failures I think.

edit on Oct-05-2012 by xuenchen because:
.the.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yup they are going to run a picture of the cheating,
in the New Yorker next week.

edit on 5-10-2012 by Rudy2shoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

If you're not seeing it then maybe you didn't watch the video - as the video clearly shows Mitt removing something that looks like a stack of notes from his pocket and placing it on the podium just before the debate.

At this link - there is a video of him removing the (said) notes and handing them to his son.

Link to removing notes

But you're right. Maybe he didn't cheat. Maybe it's just something that looks like a stack of notes.

peace

edit on 5-10-2012 by silo13 because: clip quote

Watching the video in the OP, I was not shocked but it was not enough for to say 100% that those were notes. After viewing the video from after the debate it is OBVIOUS that those are notes and not some pressed handkerchief.

Very nice catch, yet still I am not shocked. What is shocking to me is how this was not caught before or after the debate by a moderator or an audience member or anyone else who could have done anything about it at the time.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Wait, what......the left is frothing at the mouth to come up with a stupid idea like this. Just face facts that Obama sucked hard at the debate....there are two more, perhaps he might actually prepare for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join