It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney cheated at Debate?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So I've heard he lied 27 times in 38 minutes. Does it bother me? Yes.
What bothers me more is his (seemingly) blatant cheating.

Close up of Mitt Romney cheating during the debate on October 3rd 2012.
"No props, notes, charts, diagrams, or other writings or other tangible things may be brought into the debate by any candidate."

And he does it all with the air of 'dare me' - 'I dare you to do something about it'. (That stare he gives the camera - though slow motion might have something to do with it)...

Or is what he places on the podium - a 'well starched handkerchief' (as some are saying) and this is all getting blown out of proportion?

EDIT TO ADD

From the book Inside the Presidential Debates: Their Improbable Past and Promising Future

"No props, notes, charts, diagrams or other writings or other tangible things may be brought into the debate by any candidate."

There ya go.

peace
edit on 5-10-2012 by silo13 because: added link to quote

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Speculation about Romney cheating. Okay. There is speculation that Obama cheated .. having an ear bud in his ear and that he kept getting confused because of the voices in his head from it.
Whatever ... I'm not seeing it for either of them.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Whatever ... I'm not seeing it for either of them.

If you're not seeing it then maybe you didn't watch the video - as the video clearly shows Mitt removing something that looks like a stack of notes from his pocket and placing it on the podium just before the debate.

At this link - there is a video of him removing the (said) notes and handing them to his son.

Link to removing notes

But you're right. Maybe he didn't cheat. Maybe it's just something that looks like a stack of notes.

peace

edit on 5-10-2012 by silo13 because: clip quote

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well if they are not able to bring anything with them to the debate, it's clear Romney cheated.

This reminds me of the 2008 debate where Romney was alleged to have an earpiece.

In another segment of the same debate, the voice seems to cue Romney to use the word support. After reviewing the tapes, MSNBC surmised that a microphone had picked up the whispers of a member of the audience. In an e-mail to Florida's Sun-Sentinel, then Romney spokesperson Kristy Campbell deferred to the network by way of comment. Speculation persisted that the audience member was a helper or handler using a covert ultrasound-based communicator. Which, technically, could work.

link

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If there was cheating involved I doubt he would have been really obvious about it and I'm sure that the moderators would have made note of it and made him get rid of his cheating notes. I'm really thinking that whatever was there wasn't a 'cheat'. An earbud is more likely because it's hidden. But I don't buy the earbud theory for Obama either. I think this debate was way too public and both candidates knew that the other side was going to pick it apart. I'm thinking they both did things by the book .... straight up ....

Anyways, that's my opinion .. for whoever cares ...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I was a bit skeptical when I heard your claims. But, the video obviously proves your point. Notes and such was not allowed in the debate. Mitt had notes. If this had been an exam in a school or something like that, he would have been disqualified at the spot. But, I guess rules are not so important for people who are connected.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Can anybody produce an actual set of rules for these debates?

I didn't think so.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'd like to agree with you - that someone - anyone who's in Mitt's position can be trusted.

Wait - what the hell did I just say? No one in his position can be!

Anyway, I'd like to get to the bottom of what's on the podium.

Oh - and no, I don't believe the President had an ear-bud but it wouldn't be the first time that happened would it!

peace

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Can anybody produce an actual set of rules for these debates?

Good question.

article on the rules
Nothing is said about candidates not being allowed to have an ear bud or notes.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Here are a couple of links discussing the format and rules..

www.debates.org...

www.csmonitor.com...

Nothing in those two that have the language used in the YT video snippet..

Maybe someone can find a source for the language?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I've been going through the Debate link - I can't find anything so far - Sooooo it looks like this is all hype...

Still looking!

peace

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by silo13

If there was cheating involved I doubt he would have been really obvious about it and I'm sure that the moderators would have made note of it and made him get rid of his cheating notes. I'm really thinking that whatever was there wasn't a 'cheat'. An earbud is more likely because it's hidden. But I don't buy the earbud theory for Obama either. I think this debate was way too public and both candidates knew that the other side was going to pick it apart. I'm thinking they both did things by the book .... straight up ....

Anyways, that's my opinion .. for whoever cares ...

Again allow me to draw your attention to this video.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There could be an explanation, apparently Mitt Romney writes "dad" on a slip of paper before every debate, nonetheless it seems both had paper to take notes on so no telling.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
you americans are lost on me

may aswell get george clooney for prez or ashton kucher!
all american presidents would make great actors.... if they arent they are not fit for the job

it doesnt matter if they had to use notes AT ALL!!

who would you want ruling your country

the guy who can talk his way out of anything and is an incredible actor who uses terms most people dont understand but agree with anyway because it "sounds good"
(with boyish good looks thanks to their make-up department)

or the guy who would be good for the job but sometimes trips over his words and looks like a homeless guy at times and focuses more at policy's within US rather than isreali (foreign) policy

the whole thing is pantomime and a joke (america IS the biggest joke in world politics... heck even i could get things legislated given i have the right cash/lobbyist)

here is a tip for american voters in future

vote for the guy who is put in a negative light in msm
the same guy who doesnt get invited to presidential debates
the guy you DIDNT see kissng that disabled baby on 9 oclock news (the guy to vote for kissed an even more disabled baby but got no news coverage... or didnt do it for news coverage in the first place)
vote for the guy who isnt afraid to audit the federal reserve
vote for the guy who would rather the military was used for defensive purposes at home and not offensive in M.E

but 99% of the time this candidate will not be able to run for his preferred party (rep or dem)
as the BIG (corrupt) boys already got there first and make running for that party impossible

so yeah usually you will find the ideal president running third party
or if they are die hard rep or dem they run with their big boy adversary as vice president at best

you guys see this every 4 damn years!!
only solution is take money out of politics and make media impartial between all party's running
edit on 5-10-2012 by Insearchofthetruth1987 because: missed few letters

edit on 5-10-2012 by Insearchofthetruth1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Or he could be just a better speaker and a lot smarter and more professional and more qualified and the list goes on and on. I wonder if getting your a$$ kicked is covered under Obama care

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Your right! Obama never lies!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I did a search on the particular phrase "No props, notes, charts, diagrams, or other writings or other tangible things may be brought into the debate by any candidate."

All I have found is a "Memorandum of Understanding" with the exact wording, but it's from the Kerry-Bush debates.

Google Books

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Or he could be just a better speaker and a lot smarter and more professional and more qualified and the list goes on and on. I wonder if getting your a$$ kicked is covered under Obama care

More likely he is a man who feels no remorse about lying. A practiced lier who will do whatever it takes to reach his goal regardless of the collateral damage. More or less a typical CEO.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

As has been the case in previous presidential debates, the Obama and Romney campaigns have negotiated a detailed contract dictating many of the terms of their debates, including how the format will be structured. The Commission on Presidential Debates, a private corporation created by and for the Republican and Democratic parties, has agreed to implement that contract.

While the Obama-Romney contract is unknown, in previous years the contracts negotiated by the Republican and Democratic campaigns have been made public.

So the terms of the debate have not been made public, as far as we know.

Link

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Well if they are not able to bring anything with them to the debate, it's clear Romney cheated.

This reminds me of the 2008 debate where Romney was alleged to have an earpiece.

In another segment of the same debate, the voice seems to cue Romney to use the word support. After reviewing the tapes, MSNBC surmised that a microphone had picked up the whispers of a member of the audience. In an e-mail to Florida's Sun-Sentinel, then Romney spokesperson Kristy Campbell deferred to the network by way of comment. Speculation persisted that the audience member was a helper or handler using a covert ultrasound-based communicator. Which, technically, could work.

link

This reminds me of the movie The Emperor's Club. This movie could literally be the story of Mitt Romney's life.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join