24 Places Google Doesn't Want You To See.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I saw this on Huff Post and thought it was pretty interesting......www.huffingtonpost.com...

Some of the stranger locations are Szazhalombatta Oil Refinery, Hungary...

One of the strangest acts of alleged “censorship” is this Hungarian oil facility, which is simply rendered green. That’s right — the grounds are deleted, the buildings are missing, and what you have left is flat grass.

Unknown area, Russia.....

Another one that is so mysterious, no one has a clue what it is. One commenter on the website Siberian Light speculates it’s either “a radar station or missile interceptor,” while another notes that the image of the surrounding area appears to have been copy-pasted from another part of the country.

Reims Airbase, France...

Why is the Reims Airbase in France blocked out? Perhaps it emits a particularly foul body odor. (Just kidding, we love the French.)

Other locations are to be expected like N. Korea for example. Who knows why some of the locations are blurred but I'm sure there's a reason even if it doesn't make sense to us.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Laguna Seca is on that list??? To take a wild guess, I would say to stop unlicensed reproductions of the track in video games?? Only thing I could think of... unless the CIA test their experimental craft down the cork-screw

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
No Antarctica

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I saw this on Huff Post and thought it was pretty interesting......www.huffingtonpost.com...

Some of the stranger locations are Szazhalombatta Oil Refinery, Hungary...

One of the strangest acts of alleged “censorship” is this Hungarian oil facility, which is simply rendered green. That’s right — the grounds are deleted, the buildings are missing, and what you have left is flat grass.

Unknown area, Russia.....

Another one that is so mysterious, no one has a clue what it is. One commenter on the website Siberian Light speculates it’s either “a radar station or missile interceptor,” while another notes that the image of the surrounding area appears to have been copy-pasted from another part of the country.

Reims Airbase, France...

Why is the Reims Airbase in France blocked out? Perhaps it emits a particularly foul body odor. (Just kidding, we love the French.)

Other locations are to be expected like N. Korea for example. Who knows why some of the locations are blurred but I'm sure there's a reason even if it doesn't make sense to us.

SnF, thanks for bringing the unobvious out into the open. We all need to know and question Googles agenda!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
i will check out list in a minute im intrigued as to what is number 1

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So, somewhere like HMNB Clyde (Faslane) and all its nuke storage facilities are not a problem, but an Native Indian reserve and some rich Russians mansion are a no go....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I was intrigued by the one on the Oregon boarder (if you want to find it its right next to a town called Mist OR). If you check out BIng maps rather then google then its uncensored but I cant see a thing worth censoring

Maybe the google map image is from a later date when whatever that is is built up more?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Looks like they are all private businesses, residences, and sensitive military installations. I see nothing sinister here except some people/organizations wanting a little privacy.

As for North Korea, well....what do you expect? They don't exactly have a booming tourist industry.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Interesting pics.
My guess is most are censored due to national security or the owners not wanting to be on google earth,funny seeing colonel sanders blurred that made me smile.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I would like to suggest that the Huffington Post is clawing for a story. Google won't show these places, however if you head over to yahoo maps you can type in the #1 most mysterious place, Volkel Airforce Base in Volkel Netherlands and guess what? Yes, you are right, it populates with no problem and you can zoom so far in you can practically see mailboxes, it didn't take long to find the base from that point on. What about #2 the Haarp Facility? Yahoo obviously has something going for them that Google does not, close up zooms. Oh well, I stopped cross checking after the top two were easily looked up using a different mapping service.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

Thanks for saving me the time, I had looked up a couple those places on my own a while ago. Double checked them with Yahoo. I imagine that Google has closer ties to "people at the top" then does Yahoo. Simply put it may be easier to get Google to block your Government installation then Yahoo.

We have all read the threads regarding Google's ties to security infrastructure.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I was intrigued by the one on the Oregon boarder (if you want to find it its right next to a town called Mist OR). If you check out BIng maps rather then google then its uncensored but I cant see a thing worth censoring

Maybe the google map image is from a later date when whatever that is is built up more?

Looks like parking for something underground or cameoed in the woods.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Your Avatar gives me a jolt in the gut every time I see it

On topic - I can never blooming see the poles on Google Earth

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
edit it will be because of advertising advertising that laguna seca one.dont know why because you can go around the track on streetview while there is a few cars going round.
edit on 5-10-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Interesting. Doesnt seem something that there would be a point in google blanking out though (if its parking for something underground) . Almost creepier seeing not much there then if there was some giant facility

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Streets that go nowhere and parking lots without facilities seem to indicate underground or hidden facilities. Very interesting.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Indeed.

Ironically though I doubt anyone would care to look at a car park in Mist Oregon unless google had censored it

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Dates of the images is a possibility, but maybe Microsoft puts more effort into the illusion that their Bing maps are less censored.

Of course, if there was really something those in the know wanted to hide, we wouldn't even know it was censored to begin with, they have the technology to show you fake satellite images for sure.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Don't get caught driving to such of a place. If I saw this and there were no cars around and I stumble upon it by accident, in the back of my mind I know I'm in trouble or dead. Just a creepy thought.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thats because the center of that cleared area has been "greyed out". The tracks leading away from the site at 10 and 2 o' clock could be logging trails.

Might be logging going on there. Anyone tell the locals?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join