It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment Numbers Too Convenient...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Unemployment numbers just announced...

Down from 8.1% to 7.9% with only 114K jobs created???

It just doesn't make sense...

I think it's a bit too convenient considering Obama needed something to dig him out of the debate debacle.

Thoughts ATS?

Edit: Source

~Namaste
edit on 5-10-2012 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Of course they are manipulating the numbers to make Obama look better. The true numbers are around 22%, more people have been dropped off of unemployment this past month due to having been on there for two years. Once you hit the two year mark you are no longer considered unemployed. This is how they have managed to manipulate the numbers for many years.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Christmas temporary help hiring is a maximum throttle. Check the last 20 years numbers for October - September and you'll see.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Attrei

True, I don't disagree...

But they also said 800K people "entered" the work force, whatever that means. So 800K entered the pool, but only 114K found jobs?

The numbers have been above 8% for 3+ years, and now, just 1 month before the election, JUST after Obama got spanked in the debate, they have the single biggest drop of the entire 3+ years in the rate? I'm not buying...

It's just way too convenient, and has to be obvious to most people what's happening here.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Christmas temporary help hiring is a maximum throttle. Check the last 20 years numbers for October - September and you'll see.

Even with that, it just doesn't add up.

And I thought there was a different way of accounting for temp labor and that it was excluded from the true unemployment numbers?

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

JACK WELCH: Obama Is Manipulating The Jobs Numbers Because His Debate Performance Was Awful

www.businessinsider.com...

I wonder how many people have dropped off the unemployment map?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Actually it dropped to 7.8% which is below the number of 7.9% that was in place when Obama took office in January 2009.
How convenient!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The report I just read said the same on numbers in and out but put the national rate at 7.8%. In fact, they say it's the largest single monthly drop since 1983.

You know, a small increase people would believe...but c'mon..... This was outright insulting. The highest change to benefit the President in 20 years comes 1 month before the election of his life? Really.. Insulting is the only word that I can think of which fits.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Or.... it could be the large retail seasonal push that has been talked about on the news for the last couple of weeks. Retailers are expecting a rise in consumer holiday spending and have significantly increased rheir hiring. Which typically begins after labor day. Is there manipulation? Very likely. But I don't find these numbers terribly remakeable given the overall reportng trend.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
metaphorically...this economy and the election, is similar to having a ten-car accident on a freeway, and they send in one guy with a push-broom, they come back the very next day, and tell this guy he is fired because he didn't get it cleaned up.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It may be just me, BUT if they can "create jobs" than why is there unemployment. If they "create" these jobs basically out of thin air it seems, than we shouldn't have any problems and numbers at 0%.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This is going to be just as bad as the Clinton administration (and Democratic Party) claiming they created 23 million jobs...

The INTERNET created 23 million jobs!

Convenient timing...

Obama and his camp are not creating jobs in this case, but that's what they're going to say. The government in general, does not create jobs other than through the expansion of government.

Looking more at the numbers, they are counting a survey of household job claims as 600K of the 800K, where the payroll survey and numbers say only 114K payroll jobs were created.

This is obviously a manipulated number....

~Namaste

edit on 5-10-2012 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Or.... it could be the large retail seasonal push that has been talked about on the news for the last couple of weeks. Retailers are expecting a rise in consumer holiday spending and have significantly increased rheir hiring. Which typically begins after labor day. Is there manipulation? Very likely. But I don't find these numbers terribly remakeable given the overall reportng trend.

Do you mean to tell me that if the middle class spends more money it creates jobs?

But, that is the opposite of what Romney says happens.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Originally posted by jtma508

Do you mean to tell me that if the middle class spends more money it creates jobs?

But, that is the opposite of what Romney says happens.

No, from a purely economic take, anyone that spends more money, from rich to poor, will help create more jobs though the demand for more goods and services.

But first, they have to have JOBS.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I am losing clients because they are either losing their jobs or are being forced to work less hours. I don't believe the job numbers at all.

American Airlines is planning on laying off 11,000 workers, a Taiwan based chip maker is laying off 1,360 people, a company based at MIA is laying off 153... There are still lay offs happening.

Also, there's an article here that claims the Obama administration is bribing defense contractors not to issue
lay-offs:

www.proteinwisdom.com...

Sounds like a manipulation to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Maybe there was XXX number of jobs created. The problem is, they are crappy jobs. Low pay, low benefits and usually part time. Lots of people may no longer be "unemployed" but millions of people are "under-employed".

It is a sham. I have gotten to the point I don't even pay attention to the BS gov numbers because I know it's manipulated data.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
How patriotic of all of you, hoping the economy is worse than reported.

Face it, things are STILL improving despite the Republicans and their obstructionism. And despite all of you hoping for higher unemployment, more people are working.

It's just kind of sad for people to come up with conspiracy theories out of hatred of a man.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I was expecting 8.3, and this 7.8 is just incredibull. It's not right.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Whether the numbers are honest or not, the claim is logical. 800k entered the workforce 114k of those entered into newly created jobs... that means 114k new jobs that didn't exist before, like if a new factory opened up or some such.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I am losing clients because they are either losing their jobs or are being forced to work less hours. I don't believe the job numbers at all.

American Airlines is planning on laying off 11,000 workers, a Taiwan based chip maker is laying off 1,360 people, a company based at MIA is laying off 153... There are still lay offs happening.

Also, there's an article here that claims the Obama administration is bribing defense contractors not to issue
lay-offs:

www.proteinwisdom.com...

Sounds like a manipulation to me.

Lay offs happen all the time. Even during times of prosperity, some businesses just don't do well, because they aren't being run well, or there's too much competition, etc., etc.

The business my husband works for is doing great now. Their clients are in the food industry, which is doing fine. That wasn't the case 4 years ago. Things were bad back then, and the food industry was not using my husband's business nearly as much, due to tighter budgets. I think things are getting better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join