It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney on 47% comments: I was 'completely wrong'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by WildWorld

I've come to believe 'flipper' accusations are COMPLETELY meaningless, given eight years of the Bush administration and four years of Obama.

If Obama wins another term, it will prove my point.

Apparently, we prefer Flippers-in-Chief.

Mark my words.

I agree Bush's 3 terms prove that.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by 3litechasr
Yes, yes, yes more down with the rich rhetoric!

Who creates what we call jobs? People with money or people on the dole?

It's a fair question is it not?

Who takes those jobs overseas to be able to pay a person $1 a day and make billions in profits from it?
Who takes their profits straight out of the country to an account in the Camen islands and avoids paying tax?
Who lobbies government to remove the rights of the workforce and permit extreme abuses of both their own staff and the nation as a whole?

People start companies and create jobs. Small businesses in the USA hire more staff than the corporations, yet the corporations are the ones permitted to lobby government, avoid tax, move jobs overseas, and they're given tax breaks too!

No one is denying that we need people to create jobs, but more jobs can be created by small businesses across the country than by the corporations.

Jobs are not only created by a corporation dodging tax and getting ready to ship out their business to what is nothing more than slave labor in another country like China.

If Walmart shut down tomorrow, what do you think would happen?
Hundreds of thousands of smaller competitors would open everywhere, hiring more people than Walmart ever did. Those smaller companies would not be funneling their profits out of the country to avoid tax, and those smaller companies would not be "bribing" politicians and lobbying government to get their way either.

I call it nwolrdism.
edit on 5-10-2012 by MrMaybeNot because: tag craziness

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Oh he said one thing last week and this week he is saying the opposite? So unlike him! Shocking! Flip flip flipper!!
Him and the other poor excuse of a leader both make me sick.

You know I have been interested in American politics since I was teenager living in Britain. Been in the U.S. since mid 96. Watched many presidential debates in Britain and here, however I have never felt a dislike for the other candidates. I am a liberal. I might have disagreed with their views but still respected and in some cases liked them but as regards to Romney, I actually dislike him. There is something about him which I can't put my finger on, but he leaves a funny taste in my mouth and I am not the only one. My other friends feel the same way.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
Oh he said one thing last week and this week he is saying the opposite? So unlike him! Shocking! Flip flip flipper!!
edit on 5-10-2012 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

Romney has been very consistent and has taken heat for it. Queue up the Israel-Palestine comment. Here he is right, it's only the figure is not 47%. The idea is still accurate, he was simply wrong it's 47%. The people do exist though.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by saracene

You know I have been interested in American politics since I was teenager living in Britain. Been in the U.S. since mid 96. Watched many presidential debates in Britain and here, however I have never felt a dislike for the other candidates. I am a liberal. I might have disagreed with their views but still respected and in some cases liked them but as regards to Romney, I actually dislike him. There is something about him which I can't put my finger on, but he leaves a funny taste in my mouth and I am not the only one. My other friends feel the same way.

I'm 34. Romney is probably the first Candidate I have actually liked. Kerry was atrocious. Bush Jr. wasn't my favorite, Obama was a trainwreck from the start, Clinton is a disgusting human being. There has not been a single good choice since I was old enough to vote. Until now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join