It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom calls 911 to help manage autitictic teen/ cops kill him

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Do you want to be hated a lot or hated a little?

I'd rather be respected and liked.

But not stupidly and blindly a slave to popular opinion.

I think for myself and always will, and that always bugs certain kinds of people who are slaves to doing the popular thing for the popular opinion. This often makes me unpopular, and always will.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Do you want to be hated a lot or hated a little?

I'd rather be respected and liked.

But not stupidly and blindly a slave to popular opinion.

I think for myself and always will, and that always bugs certain kinds of people who are slaves to doing the popular thing for the popular opinion. This often makes me unpopular, and always will.

Respect is earned. Taking the unpopular opinion is fine when USED with LOGIC and mature thought but just trying to be controversial, just to be controversial, is childish and attention seeking.

Just because an opinion is popular doesn't make it wrong; or the people that believe it, slaves.
edit on 5-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo
If the boy was afraid of police, why did the mother call them, she should have called an ambulance or just locked him in a room somehow. Don't get me wrong im mad at the police that shot him, but i think the mother could have done something different, we need to get out of relying on the police, they're more violent sometimes, than the violent.

She called the police because she was afraid of getting killed. Cops came and he went after one with a hammer, a deadly weapon, as per the person killed uncles statement.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

And I must have missed the part where the cop could have shot him in the leg, or tazed him, or something a little less permanent than killing him.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

If the cops tasered him the cop haters would still whine about the cop using a taser. No matter what cops do, the haters gonna hate and whine. They can't help themselves, I suppose.

This is a tragic situation. I don't necessarily see police abuse in this situation, but I don't know for certain, and I will not give in to a knee-jerk response.

I do want to see an investigation. But I don't know if that investigation will do any good.

Then you don't know too much do you? This what the nazis did in the middle of the 20th century, they killed those with physical and mental disability, sometimes at the behest of parent appeals to Hitler, amongst a time when there was a scientific movement under the banner name, eugenics. But it was not just the nazis, many other governments took on the role, but what occurred in those cases, is a bit of fuzzy history, although we have all seen the horror stories in eastern europe right up to not so many years ago. That policeman should actually have been responsible for the well-being of that person he killed, he should not have been alone, he should have been in the company of welfare officials, who would have the victim's profile. Yes, the dead man is a victim.
edit on 5-10-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Er i am sorry but what did the cop mean by "limited" capacity with the tasers? did that mean they were fresh out of tasers and just had bullets? so um like is that a excuse? do we kept giving cops these right such as shooting pets like a dog when they are responding to a wrong house and shoot a dog because "they" feel threatened? this has been happening a lot lately but you know its the COPS so everything is okdokey!!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Holy snip this is some crazy snip. I wish there was a youtube video of this. Without actually having been there, it is hard to say if he did the right thing. The cop may have thought he was a face-eating zombie on bath salts. Cops...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Never involve the police in anything, unless you've witnessed a murder.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Respect is earned. Taking the unpopular opinion is fine when USED with LOGIC and mature thought but just trying to be controversial, just to be controversial, is childish and attention seeking. Just because an opinion is popular doesn't make it wrong; or the people that believe it, slaves.

I agree with you for the most, but logic is junk to me. I hate it to no end. There's really nothing anyone can do to endear logic to me. I know you'll down on me for it, everybody who values logic does.

The best way to earn respect is to treat people with respect. if a person demands respect for nothing and never gives, that just makes them look like a chump.

And yes, just because it is popular doesn't mean it isn't right. But most of the time, popular opinion is never based on logic or facts, just personal beliefs or wanting to be part of something special or be part of the crowd. It's very rarely when a popular opinion is backed by facts and maturity.

But this is getting off topic and derailing the thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
it looks like people are going to have to be very careful these days when gardening and repairing their fence.
if you see a cop drop your equipment fast and never approach a cop with anything in your hands, not even a newspaper, you could use it as a weapon.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
She just lost her child because of the police, people who are meant to protect us..... imagine all of the people overseas who are getting blown up because of our bombs and their families being torn apart. Does anyone even notice the violence? Watch, we'll all just go along with our days never to think about this kid or his family nor the people in other countries ever again, like seriously this is getting stupid. When the hell are we going to say it is enough? We need to start taking command because clearly, governments, military, police, etc... DO NOT KNOW HOW TO OPERATE. All these unnecessary deaths are UNACCEPTABLE. Maybe it's time for us to rethink who the # should have control of the planet because clearly those right now don't know what to do.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by olaru12

Respect is earned. Taking the unpopular opinion is fine when USED with LOGIC and mature thought but just trying to be controversial, just to be controversial, is childish and attention seeking. Just because an opinion is popular doesn't make it wrong; or the people that believe it, slaves.

I agree with you for the most, but logic is junk to me. I hate it to no end. There's really nothing anyone can do to endear logic to me. I know you'll down on me for it, everybody who values logic does.

The best way to earn respect is to treat people with respect. if a person demands respect for nothing and never gives, that just makes them look like a chump.

And yes, just because it is popular doesn't mean it isn't right. But most of the time, popular opinion is never based on logic or facts, just personal beliefs or wanting to be part of something special or be part of the crowd. It's very rarely when a popular opinion is backed by facts and maturity.

But this is getting off topic and derailing the thread.

And then you say...

And yes, just because it is popular doesn't mean it isn't right. But most of the time, popular opinion is never based on logic or facts,

See your disconnect here? Get your story straight! You can't have it both ways.....hating "logic" then criticizing people for not using it......

edit on 5-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

See your disconnect here? Get your story straight! You can't have it both ways.....hating "logic" then criticizing people for not using it......

It was a statement of fact, and not a disconnect, and was more for your benefit than mine, because you seem to think that people are logical. That's the fault of logical people, they always seem to think that everybody is logical, just because they are.

And pointing something out is not necessarily a disconnect.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

If the cops tasered him the cop haters would still whine about the cop using a taser. No matter what cops do, the haters gonna hate and whine. They can't help themselves, I suppose.

This is a tragic situation. I don't necessarily see police abuse in this situation, but I don't know for certain, and I will not give in to a knee-jerk response.

I do want to see an investigation. But I don't know if that investigation will do any good.

Then you don't know too much do you? This what the nazis did in the middle of the 20th century, they killed those with physical and mental disability, sometimes at the behest of parent appeals to Hitler, amongst a time when there was a scientific movement under the banner name, eugenics. But it was not just the nazis, many other governments took on the role, but what occurred in those cases, is a bit of fuzzy history, although we have all seen the horror stories in eastern europe right up to not so many years ago. That policeman should actually have been responsible for the well-being of that person he killed, he should not have been alone, he should have been in the company of welfare officials, who would have the victim's profile. Yes, the dead man is a victim.
edit on 5-10-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

Wow. Very good Godwin. The Nazis were not killing people coming at them with deadly weapons, but innocent, restrained, and unarmed people. Nice try.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Geez, there has to be a better way to disable someone who appears to be a threat other than shoot to kill or tasering. Can't they shoot some sort of tranquilizer dart or invent some sort of spiderman style net gun that shoots an all encompassing net to tangle them up and stop them in their tracks? Do these kind of things not work in real life but only in movies?
I don't know if cops are properly trained to deal with this kind of threat or not. If not, maybe when the cops get a 911 due to someone being violent like this, perhaps they should have some trained medical staff go with them, either for sedation or someone who is specially trained in autistic behaviour or psychological problems etc.
edit on 5-10-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan001

Cops arent trained to shoot folks in the leg. Their taught center mast, Shoot center mast of the perp. Most police shootings take place within a 21 foot distance. At 21 ft a Glock 40 cal does serious damage. I just want to know what the hell happened to the Tasers? Cops from back in the day would have wrestled this young man to the floor and subdued the situation. Todays cops are taught WE ARE ALL CRIMINALS. It's them against us mentality.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by Dan001

Cops arent trained to shoot folks in the leg. Their taught center mast, Shoot center mast of the perp. Most police shootings take place within a 21 foot distance. At 21 ft a Glock 40 cal does serious damage. I just want to know what the hell happened to the Tasers? Cops from back in the day would have wrestled this young man to the floor and subdued the situation. Todays cops are taught WE ARE ALL CRIMINALS. It's them against us mentality.

I hate it when people state that the cop (or whomever) shout shoot to wound or shoot the gun out of their hand or other such nonsense. What this tells me is, those people have not a clue what they are talking about. FIrst of all, extremity GSW can kill. I've seen fatal subclavian and femoral artery wounds.
Secondly, when someone is attacking with a weapon, outside of the movies, you are not selective in targets. Only aiming center mass gives you a hit. Otherwise you miss and an innocent behind gets hit or you miss and you get a pair of garden shears in your gut. When you are at the point of using deadly force, only shoot for center mass, else you fail. All else is idiotic.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
Geez, there has to be a better way to disable someone who appears to be a threat other than shoot to kill or tasering. Can't they shoot some sort of tranquilizer dart or invent some sort of spiderman style net gun that shoots an all encompassing net to tangle them up and stop them in their tracks? Do these kind of things not work in real life but only in movies?
I don't know if cops are properly trained to deal with this kind of threat or not. If not, maybe when the cops get a 911 due to someone being violent like this, perhaps they should have some trained medical staff go with them, either for sedation or someone who is specially trained in autistic behaviour or psychological problems etc.
edit on 5-10-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

Hollywood has killed common sense. What dose of what drug do you use to incapacitate and how fast does it work? Succynolcholine? Nope. Enough of that to stop a man will also stop his breathing. Phenobarb? Nope? Too little and nothing happens and too much you also have a dead person. How about this? If someone has a mental imparement enough to be a threat to self and others, why not institutionalize them before they hurt someone? I had an experience where an autistic twenty something killed his nine year old neighbor by beating her head against the garage door. Had I been there, I would have shot him.
edit on 5-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Im not sure how it works in Florida but here in New York if you call 911 a law enforcement officer will always respond first to verify that an actual emergency occurred.

Fire ... cops respond first, then the firefighters & EMTs
Medical emergency ... cops respond first then the EMTs, also all sworn law enforcement officers in New York are certified EMTs

EMTs will NOT respond to calls involving EDPs (Emotionally Disturbed Persons) unless law enforcement officers are on scene. My sister is a paramedic and this is standard policy for all Long Island fire departments and ambulance companies. Additionally the patient must be secured (ie: placed in handcuffs) before the EMTs will work on the patient.

As for "shooting him in the leg"
take a step in the real world for a second will ya. You don't shoot to wound, you shoot to STOP which means aiming for the largest part of the body - the chest/stomach area. No law enforcement officer anywhere in the world is trained to aim for the leg or the hands ... this isent a movie.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Sheriff says using a taser was not an option
reply to post by newcovenant

Such B.S. if I ever heard it!!! My taser is my number one less-non-lethal weapon alternative to deadly force. That is what the dang tool is for.

Police Officers are been brainwash to shoot whatever they want if they feel their lives are in danger. You can kiss the "Protective and Serve" out the window these days.

This has to been like the four or fifth thread this week I've seen regarding police misconduct. There must be a solution for this kind of behavior, otherwise no police officer is safe but yet its officer's safety right?

edit on 5-10-2012 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2012 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2012 by sylent6 because: proof reading

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join