It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom calls 911 to help manage autitictic teen/ cops kill him

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by killette82
I contemplated not replying and just turning away from this thread but I just can't. Its so sad that just because you can show me a few youtube videos of Law Enforcement abusing their power and it becomes a general consensus that all cops are weak cowards with control issues. You take law enforcement away from this country for one hour...just one hour...nationwide. Spread the news on every media and radio channel and then lets see how well you fare. Your the sheep...we are the sheep dogs. Sure a few turn into wolves but its the nature of the beast. I just refuse to be labeled the way the majority of the posters have presented law enforcement. Its ignorance that you think police aren't highly trained in these areas. Its a huge liability to have an officer who isn't. Its just absolutely crazy the general climate on ATS for law enforcement. I'm sorry if you think I'm just sticking up for my buddies, but really I am. I know a ton of men and women who are truly there to serve and protect. They wake up everymorning, go into work, and do the right thing. Even when its someone they don't want to serve they do. From some of the things said here, you can understand how say for instance, I might not want to help you when you need me because you have called me a nazi...or insinuated that I just cover up the wrong things I see other LEO's do............... I will help though.................. I will be there to help you when you've been victimized, or need your car unlocked, or need advise on how to parent your own kids, or your wife's tire is flat and needs someone to change it, or or or or or I can go on forever. The best part about this is I know all but a very very very small percentage of Officers just like me who will do the exact same thing. Even when your being a rude asshole about me being later than you thought I should be to help you. Oh and you also mention how I work for you since you pay taxes (Wow guess that makes me my own boss I sure wish my supervisors would realize this).... Then you ask why were all of our cars parked at the Arby's (Yes we were eating) remember you were the person who came up to me and stated that you didn't want to interrupt but continued anyway and I still smilled and answered your question knowing at any second I could get that call that kept me from eating until I got off work. I could go on for days...and probably should have become a firefighter when I graduated college ( Oh you need a college degree to be a cop these days. Thats weird thought we were all highschool drop outs) since everyone likes them.

I, for one, sincerely salute you for your efforts. THANK YOU.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

My Thoughts

I remember reading a forum that showed photos of cops from 20 years ago and photos of them now and its all gone military, i think a large % of them are ex military too

In ww2 many men didnt shoot back at the enemy so training was changed to be reflex, maybe that has something to do with it, it just seems so aggressive in the usa, not just this case but so many others, Waco being over and beyond what anyone could expect with tanks,helicopters,chemicals and military snipers from ruby ridge, geezus on mostly women and children, its like a thousand years ago burn the church with the people in it, barbaric to the 9th degree and they think they are right tells all about them, know this: the spirits of those killed or traumatized can wait for them in the spirit world and can mess with them BIG Time for 30 years, its a law of Creation that it needs to be self defense and a warning given, its why most wont kill, they know deep down a heavy cost comes and its plain bad

But if a school needs help they watch/listen from outside? WTF!

i saw on tv the meeting police have before going on patrol and it all looked military to me

The problems are related to a lack of maturity and humaneness, some young cops cant wait to use their gun on the populace at any opportunity as soon as they get in their hands, like oh i have a gun and a badge ok so when can i use it

oh disabled kid isnt that a nazi thing

I think IQ is a concern also

All these security measures are to protect the crooks not you

sometimes i think if ww3 happens i wont shed a tear, not one

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

He called you a sheep, and himself the sheepdog. He also said that some of those sheepdogs turn out to be wolves, but hey - what can you do, it`s the nature of the beast.

And you thanked him for it.

This is the exact sort of mentality that feeds the machine and keeps the police state going. Such anger in his posting, theirs an obvious resentment of the public in general. Not everybody is going to see you as a walking talking saint just because you have a badge and a uniform.

Originally posted by killette82Your the sheep...we are the sheep dogs. Sure a few turn into wolves but its the nature of the beast..

Officer McAngryman, let me tell you - I`m no sheep. You may consider the folks your force is tasked with protecting sheep, but I consider them people, with free will, not livestock to be herded to make sure nobody strays from the rest. Perhaps you should consider a change in career, if you resent the public as much as it appears you do.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
reply to post by ~Vixen~

He called you a sheep, and himself the sheepdog. He also said that some of those sheepdogs turn out to be wolves, but hey - what can you do, it`s the nature of the beast.

And you thanked him for it.

This is the exact sort of mentality that feeds the machine and keeps the police state going. Such anger in his posting, theirs an obvious resentment of the public in general. Not everybody is going to see you as a walking talking saint just because you have a badge and a uniform.

It's all in how you interpret that statement. I interpret it as dedication to protecting the often clueless community, not as a personal insult or self righteous statement.

Gratitude for serving the community isn't something that should be shunned or ridiculed, but rather appreciated. If I appreciate what someone does for myself or for others, I'm not ashamed to say thank you. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that's just how I am.

Respect for law enforcement isn't gained by virtue of having a badge or gun, it's all about actions and dedication to making the community a better, safer place. Admittedly, I've had very few interactions with law enforcement, but in every instance, I've never been treated with anything but professionalism, compassion and respect.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Seriously feel ill. Wishing her peace & healing here and his in the afterlife... I will be writing a piece on this as it personally offends me, there was surely some non-lethal force that could have been utilized. Thanks for posting his picture; somehow I knew it would be in Florida, makes me so proud... West Palm Beach can get nasty but these officers need to look at every situation in its own!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Fair enough points.

For the record, I don`t think all police are bad, or that they`re all crooked or criminals themselves. Not all of them, but too damn many of them.

And yeah, a certain segment of any population group is going to be just wired wrong, violent tenancies, narcissists, sociopaths. That`s to be expected. The problem is that nine times out of ten, when an LEO steps out of line, it`s covered up. If the abuse happens to be provable, in such cases where its not just some citizen`s word against the cop, more often than not they get a paid vacation until the situation blows over.

The sheep, after all, have short memories.

Even in the rare cases where an officer loses his job after getting out of line, an alarmingly high number of them are simply hired elsewhere. Kind of like how the Vatican was shuffling around their pedophile priests all those years.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This is pretty awful and shouldn't have happened but the Mother should have called Emergency Ambulance instead of the Police!!

The Ambulance would have arrived with Staff who know how to deal with these people with problems.

Had the guy came at the EMTs with a weapon, they would have called the police. No EMT wants to get a sharp object in the gut. How do you think they could have calmed him down? Vulcan death grip?

It is a sad situation all around, but it is very easy to say that someone could easily subdue a violent, armed, and irrational individual from the comfort of the keyboard.

In this situation, the Ambulance crew would have arrived with added Security I'm sure, who would have subdued the Lad in a manner which wouldn't have needed a gun!

There are people who are trained to deal with 'people with problems!!'

Probably would have held him down while he was then given a dose of Medicine via needle to calm him down and then taken off to the Hospital!!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard

Originally posted by happyhomemaker29

Most cities a patrolman MUST respond first to make sure it is safe for the EMTs to show up. I know the ER doc here told me the EMTs here were not allowed to sedate only the doctors were allowed to do that. EMTs could strap them in for transport, get them to the ER, the doctor will examine, then determine if sedation is necessary. I know, I asked once about my daughter.

Hey, thanks for that - I didn't realize the EMTs couldn't sedate a child, but it makes sense as the meds are prescription and require a doctor. You've been through a lot, and I really do understand. Glad your daughter is doing better. Thanks so much for adding to the discussion - this is a tragedy that could have been avoided, in my opinion.

peace,
AB
edit on 6-10-2012 by AboveBoard because: bad quoting skills...

edit on 6-10-2012 by AboveBoard because: REALLY bad quoting skills!!!

Thank you. There are MANY ways this could have been avoided. If this young man had medicaid, then his services options are extremely limited as states are cutting a LOT of autism funding right now. Quite honestly as a parent of an autistic child this surprises the heck out of me in many ways, but the most being in that more and more children are being diagnosed with this prevalent disorder every day and to cut or completely drop funding is just downright irresponsible. I would really love to know how some of these lawmakers sleep at night.

An example of how medicaid works with autism in this area in North Carolina. Last year, if my daughter got out of hand, I call crises control. They try and talk you through calming her down. Maybe even sending someone out. If the child is physical Crises Control CANNOT come to the home. I repeat CANNOT. They will tell the parent to call 911 to get the child under control. Out here at least 2-4 Sheriff cars will come to the home, they will recommend that you get go the Magistrate court that minute and get an Involuntary Court order. Now this could take minutes to do, but by the time the magistrates get the court order to the Sheriff's they have by now left your home and the child is calm and possibly asleep from the excitement. It'll be 15 minutes to 12 hours later when they show up to take her to the psych ER for an evaluation. By now, the child is behaving and doesn't know what she's done wrong to have brought the cops to the home causing her to flip out. (Wouldn't you if cops just suddenly walked in, demanded you go with them, in your confusion and sleep, you don't know what's going on, so they suddenly start cuffing your arms, so you start kicking in what you think is self defense.)

Here in the house we had a rule. All scissors, knives, medications, etc... were hidden away. We knew where it was, but she didn't. Medicaid is a pain in a butt. Finding a residential home is very trying for someone with an IQ of 50. Most homes only take boys. Most homes will not take anyone with an IQ under 70. Also, medicaid requires that you go through therapeutic foster home first. Which I was willing to do, but no one was willing to take her because of the outburst. So then you have to start looking at temporary teen psych homes. Oh, but you have to wait for her to attack someone. Isn't that wonderful? Medicaid is awesome how it thinks. Let's not help them now, let's wait until AFTER someone gets hurt. Now that she's been in this residential home and she's doing so good, if she were to come down here, she would have to go back through the same merry go round system again. At least in PA, she'll have services. So I'm going to move up there to be closer to her when she gets out. Down here, when it comes to autism, it's an absolute mess, and that's coming from the Autism Society themselves. Even they said keep her up there whatever I do, do NOT bring down here. PA, CA, NY are the top 3 states for autism right now. GA, NC, and FL are the worst.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

he had a hammer and garden shears? he sounds like a lovely lad. who would wish to shoot him?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What else do you expect from the police? An entire department full of sadists with a collective IQ lower than a pumpkin. That was probably the first time he fired his weapon and ultimately he could've had an itchy trigger finger.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Above is a link to the reported people in the United States killed by law enforcement each year. I know it's not the greatest source, but just look at the trend. I took just a quick peek at the lists and seems as the years progress, more and more people are killed by law enforcement each year.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Welcome to the pew-pew culture of the United States. It may cost an innocent life, or a thousand, but it keeps the peeps safe!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

This is pretty awful and shouldn't have happened but the Mother should have called Emergency Ambulance instead of the Police!!

The Ambulance would have arrived with Staff who know how to deal with these people with problems.

Had the guy came at the EMTs with a weapon, they would have called the police. No EMT wants to get a sharp object in the gut. How do you think they could have calmed him down? Vulcan death grip?

It is a sad situation all around, but it is very easy to say that someone could easily subdue a violent, armed, and irrational individual from the comfort of the keyboard.

In this situation, the Ambulance crew would have arrived with added Security I'm sure, who would have subdued the Lad in a manner which wouldn't have needed a gun!

There are people who are trained to deal with 'people with problems!!'

Probably would have held him down while he was then given a dose of Medicine via needle to calm him down and then taken off to the Hospital!!

Ah, the magic needle. Too much televsion.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I really don't understand why they could'nt disable him with a shot to the leg? With 2 cops there you would think they would have had plenty of time to take him down if they missed or if it did'nt stop him. I mean i would have to know how far the boy was from the officers but i'm guessing they had time to try other options! I find it disturbing that it's always shoot first with most police! I don't know what this world is coming too!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
why didnt she ask her neighbors, stupid mom, stupid cops, easy as that,

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

See, now you're just being ignorant. You obviously have no understanding of police officers past what your hear on the news. That's the sad part. You know, most of us joined to actually serve and protect. Not to have power over the common people. Not to be able to do bad things while hiding behind a badge and gun. I'm not saying there aren't bad people on the police force. And it's a shame that those people are able to make it through the hiring process. But to sit there and bad mouth all cops is just pure garbage.

I understand that people who hate cops are going to hate them until they need them. And when that time comes, I will happily come to the aid of the person who was spitting on me yesterday. That's the attitude of most cops. But you don't see that because all you do is watch the news. That's the real world right there, champ.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hate to sound condensing, but in a way, the shooting does help with the aggravation. I personally don't want to see this happen to a family member, because I deal with it everyday. It can be exhausting.

But the officer did relieve some of the pain. She's not being beaten up everyday, she's not being a prisoner anymore.

And, I won't hold that against him.

The mother might, but as an aunt, I truly can't deal with it.

If that makes me a bad person, then so be it.

One thing that gets me, she knew exactly how to behave in court and when officers arrived, and even at that doctors...But as soon a she got back home...She would start right back up with her antics. Which tells me, she knows the difference.

Sorry, not going find sympathy with me.

Autistic or not, they know.

Amazing how they distinguish between my things and their things.

yeah, no....and that's a big NO.

I care about kids, but they are not running me down, like a Mac Truck.

Maybe you, but not me.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by moonzoo7

I understand that people who hate cops are going to hate them until they need them. And when that time comes, I will happily come to the aid of the person who was spitting on me yesterday. That's the attitude of most cops. But you don't see that because all you do is watch the news. That's the real world right there, champ.

Some of us dont need you bro i am more muscular and in better shape than 90% of the overweight jelly donut eating cops i see. I can handle myself and I shoot my Glock 19 just fine.

The only reason we need you is because if we protect ourselfs we get sent to jail for it. We cant do things like you guys and get away with it. We have to be wary about shooting intruders because we may go to prison for it.

We have to be wary about breaking someones face who we are defending ourselfs against because we may get charged for it.

The only reason you can protect most of us better is because all you have to say is "I feared for my life" and you go scott free 99% of the time.

A citizen cant do this.

PS I believe a Taser would have worked in this instance but whether you cops and boot lickers want to admit it or not there are cops who wake up every morning hoping to get a chance to pump a person or dog with a few rounds.
edit on 7-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

I really don't understand why they could'nt disable him with a shot to the leg?

How many times does it have to be posted here.

They can't shoot to mame. They will be sued if they do.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hellbjorn012

You're absolutely right, and I'm sure you're more than capable of protecting yourself in most situations.

And believe me, I know there are idiots who wake up, put that badge on, and want to abuse the power that shield stands for. Those are the guys I want gone. Those are the guys that don't deserve to even walk the streets as a civilian. My point is that there are a lot of good cops who get grouped in with turds because of what they are. Cops who are actually out there trying to protect you with the power they have with that shield instead of oppressing you by abusing that power. Those are the guys you need to find, know, and stay acquainted with because those are the guys that will help you when it comes to dealing with d-bag cops. Trust me on that one.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join