It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive findings about DHS operations in congressional report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Here something i stumbled across a new report of the DHS and the fusion centers

DHS Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations

The report provides details of the investigation of “fusion centers,” or intelligence centers across the country under the control of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security,

it provides critical insight into the workings of the DHS itself.

This is 13 months of reports issued between April 1, 2009 and April 30, 2010

The report, subcommittee investigators identified no reports that uncovered a terrorist threat, nor could identify a contribution to disrupt an active terrorist plot.

There were 386 unclassified reports reviewed during this investigation.
Only 94 were found to relate “in some way” to potential terrorist activity, or the activities of a known or suspected terrorist.
Of those 94 reports, the usefulness of those reports were deemed as “questionable.”

DHS intelligence reporters overstepped legal boundaries, including reporting on First Amendment-protected activities lacking violence or criminality, and improperly reporting on political, religious or ideological speech that is not violent or criminal.

There a lot of pages here i've only skimmed through them as soon as i time i'll read it through.
Enjoy and draw your own conclussions on the report.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Just from what youve posted,....it sounds very much like the DHS is wandering far afield from its mandate, as well as
violating many peoples rights.....is that it in a nutshell?
Kinda adds up to the DHS is not an anti terror org but a domestic secret police type outfit.....investigating ordinary people on very flimsey grounds that cross consdtitutionsl boundaries.
Welcome to the new police state........................

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What I don't understand is how there isn't a public outcry against these "anti-terrorism" fusion centers. They claim to be at the forefront, defending America from so called terrorists and in doing so blowing through hundreds of millions of dollars and they haven't caught a single terrorist! It seems all they've succeeded in doing is encroach on basic privacy laws. As a matter of fact the DHS' own reports state that the intelligence they gather is mostly useless and out dated and even when it's not they can't use a lot of it because of conflicts with the privacy act.

When will people start waking up and stop the erosion of their rights?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Sounds like the Gestapo to me if there was ever a similar orginization.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I'll go one further, and say that the mandate to which you refer is based upon fraud and deceit.

Aircrews had handled violent hijackers decades before 2001. The DHS is one of those gold-laying bureaucracies, for those so interested.

new topics

top topics

join