It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arthur Scargill and his so called 'grace and favour' flat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
How mean spirited can you get of the NUM to want to take Arthur Scargills flat off of him.
Why do they have to be so mean? If it wasn't for Arthur the NUM probrably wouldn't exist anymore.
I mean come on NUM, let him have his flat, its not like it is forever!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It doesn't surprise me in the least in this day and age.........

The commitment and passion that Arthur fought with for the NUM was like no other....

It just goes to show that all the hard work and graft for the cause goes and is swept under the carpet as time goes by.......

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Glad they are trying to take it off him. Did you see him on tv when asked about it? Wouldn't say a single word, just came across as totally arrogant and full of his self importance.

Plenty of miners do not like Scargill and never did. He was always about feathering his own nest.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

its because of him that the NUM nearly went tits up - he should be shot and thrown down the upcast shaft of the last deep colliery in the UK

scargill and thatcher were a disaster waiting to happen - 2 ideologically driven idiots determined to " win "

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Did you see his interview on the news last night? It was honestly one of the most arrogant displays i have ever seen on the news.

top topics

join