It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich Top Oil-Republicans Trying To Hurt Obama by Increasing the Cost Of Gasoline We Pay

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by thetiler

Here is a table of each state tax on gasoline.

www.gaspricewatch.com...

Gas Tax / Fees
US Gas Tax
69 Cents Per Gallon
California is highest - Democratic state. Gas just went up 20 cents today.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It's all (or almost all) due to QE3. We are printing money not backed by anything. Not Gold, not bond sales to Russia or China. The US Dollar is the world petroleum reserve currency. Because the number of dollars are increasing their value is going down. Your seeing this at the pumps. The price of oil per barrel has been relatively stable in the low 90's for awhile. Yet prices continue to go up. That's the inflationary effect of the stimulus packages. It's simple economic law.

Yes there was a large refinery fire in venezuala. There was a smaller one at a refinery in Oklahoma just this week. I beleive another major refinary is offline for repairs. Thats not helping either. You can have all the oil you want, but if you can't refine it to gas it doesn't help. So gas is going up to supply and demand rules.

"Evil Oil Republicans" that's rich....sounds like a college freshman.........

Maybe I should start a thread about "evil borrow, tax, spend democrats".

BTW for all the oil haters out there. don't ever gripe about your 401k, IRA, or pension fund declining. Most are about 40 to 60% energy stocks. When "evil oil" companies make profits, your funds go UP. You should WANT US oil companies to do good. Incidently, I'd have to look up, but I think that while oil company profits are up every year, that's due to volume. Their profit margin has been the same for most of the last 50 years...about 7%. The world just buys a hell of alot more of it. More cars, in America,,,,and abroad.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
It's all (or almost all) due to QE3. We are printing money not backed by anything. Not Gold, not bond sales to Russia or China. The US Dollar is the world petroleum reserve currency. Because the number of dollars are increasing their value is going down. Your seeing this at the pumps. The price of oil per barrel has been relatively stable in the low 90's for awhile. Yet prices continue to go up. That's the inflationary effect of the stimulus packages. It's simple economic law.

Yes there was a large refinery fire in venezuala. There was a smaller one at a refinery in Oklahoma just this week. I beleive another major refinary is offline for repairs. Thats not helping either. You can have all the oil you want, but if you can't refine it to gas it doesn't help. So gas is going up to supply and demand rules.

Maybe I should start a thread about "evil borrow, tax, spend democrats".

BTW for all the oil haters out there. don't ever gripe about your 401k, IRA, or pension fund declining. Most are about 40 to 60% energy stocks. When "evil oil" companies make profits, your funds go UP. You should WANT US oil companies to do good. Incidently, I'd have to look up, but I think that while oil company profits are up every year, that's due to volume. Their profit margin has been the same for most of the last 50 years...about 7%. The world just buys a hell of alot more of it. More cars, in America,,,,and abroad.

The republicans would love to put that one over the democrats, libertarians anybody that are not republicans.

No not at all, that sounds totally high school (except for the mature high-school kids) to put the word "evil", that does no good at all.

God bless the rich oil republicans! I just hope new energy will come along and dethrone big oil. And I do have to agree with Greer on the point that we have to study and get more serious about alternative energies. I do know there are some great threads that only get 10 or so flags for posting great ideas, concepts, theories etc.

I just believe in a system that will take away the riche's wealth or should I say 99% of it)..

Generation money that is into the billions and trillions of dollars. The money that is not accounted for, that is has been accumulated into the generations.

Of course people should be rewarded but the rewards have been so lopsided. Everything from entertainers, builders, sport heroes, singers, railroad barons,

Even people we know and love. But it has to end. And the IMPORTANT thing is, it is not the people that accumulate the wealth through their talents etc. Of course they are not evil.

They can be some of the most brilliant, creative, well meaning beings in the US of A. God bless them all.I look up to them in their brilliance.

But it is just like Hitler, he rose to power because the system got him there.

Our system and I am sure we will truly find out what the correct system is when we die.
Yes, it is so important that we try to help each other, It is great that some of the wealthy give half of their billions etc. But that is not even close to enough and sets a terrible example as being truly great.

"Evil" is a great tool for the republicans to make well meaning democrats and libertarians look stupid. But I think it just backfires on them when they can see behind their wizard of Oz curtain.

Just like Romney not being able to back up his facts with statistics during the first debate. He got away with it because Obama wanted to take the high road. But I doubt he will do that again. If he does, I hope he does it skillfully and strategically.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
The rich U.S. rebublican oil barons would hate worst than anything to have their taxes raised. They would love to get those gas prices real high during Obama's watch. This could be what Romney needs to get him over the hump in the last weeks. The rich republican oil power brokers could really be the catalyst to get the job done.

Just a few minuets ago my wife just heard in the news that gas could be going higher again.

Just a thought.

What do you think?

Oil and Gas has never been cheaper, it is the Bankster fiat Currency Democrats who want high energy prices and are achieving that via inflation. Heck the reason why Obama knee jerk rejected the Keystone pipeline is because he thought it would lower energy cost's(until he found out it will increase the exporting of oil and oil products).

Every leftist democratic scum bag economist has been calling for several things for well over 20 years:
1) Americans should pay a higher percentage of income on food.
2) Americans should pay higher energy prices.
3) America should have a large white underclass.

And surprise surprise leftist democratic scum bags have achieved all this under Comrade Obama

www.youtube.com...

Ignorant people like the OP are one of the few reasons I utterly despise leftist's. It is like the OP decided to mug someone then try and blame the person he mugged for the crime. Utterly pathetic how such lies are tolerated.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
California Gas Prices Prompt Calls For Investigation From Sen. Dianne Feinstein

www.latimes.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

The rich U.S. rebublican oil barons would hate worst than anything to have their taxes raised. They would love to get those gas prices real high during Obama's watch. This could be what Romney needs to get him over the hump in the last weeks. The rich republican oil power brokers could really be the catalyst to get the job done.

Just a few minuets ago my wife just heard in the news that gas could be going higher again.

Just a thought.

What do you think?

Oil and Gas has never been cheaper, it is the Bankster fiat Currency Democrats who want high energy prices and are achieving that via inflation. Heck the reason why Obama knee jerk rejected the Keystone pipeline is because he thought it would lower energy cost's(until he found out it will increase the exporting of oil and oil products).

Every leftist democratic scum bag economist has been calling for several things for well over 20 years:
1) Americans should pay a higher percentage of income on food.
2) Americans should pay higher energy prices.
3) America should have a large white underclass.

And surprise surprise leftist democratic scum bags have achieved all this under Comrade Obama

www.youtube.com...

Ignorant people like the OP are one of the few reasons I utterly despise leftist's. It is like the OP decided to mug someone then try and blame the person he mugged for the crime. Utterly pathetic how such lies are tolerated.

California Gas Prices Prompt Calls For Investigation From Sen. Dianne Feinstein
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Just a thought.

What do you think?

I think President Obama wants higher energy costs, he basically has said as much, why doubt him.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I posted this before but I'll do it again:

Here is a direct quote from Obama:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------
“Just from a political perspective, do you think a president of the United States going into reelection wants gas prices to go up higher? Is there anybody here who thinks that makes a lot of sense?” Obama asked rhetorically to the room full of reporters and cameramen.

“Here’s the bottom line with respect to gas prices, I want to get gas prices lower because they hurt families, because I meet folks everyday who have to drive a long way to get to work and them filling up this gas tank gets more and more painful and is a tax out of their pocketbooks out of their paychecks,”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

And mine wasn't a direct quote too?? Which Obama is the one you believe?

The man is making it harder and most costly to make energy, who do those costs "trickle down" to?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
You forgot to put WHITE in your header for rich republicans.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join