It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"...I'm not trying to give people hope." - Alex Jones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger. As soon as I see that I know I'm winning.

yet you can't seem to see, that you've shot your own thread down, it being a BIG ad hom against AJ.
RLMFAO.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by infiniteclarity

But you will get stars for a silly line "attack the messenger"

That's not silly, you made a classic ad hominem attack. If I didn't point it out that would be poor debating.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtIsMadness

This entire post is a waste of time and a complete failure. What exactly is the conspiracy here? That a well known conspiracy theorist said something out of the ordinary, and that is the big deal?

Alex Jones has tried to position himself as a leader for a long time. Just watch the following video. He seems to want people to believe that he's a modern day Martin Luther King or something. By him making the comment "I'm not trying to give people hope." (especially within the context of what's shown in the video in the original post), it shows that he's not what he's trying to portray himself to be...and that is indeed important and newsworthy.

edit on 5-10-2012 by infiniteclarity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger. As soon as I see that I know I'm winning.

yet you can't seem to see, that you've shot your own thread down, it being a BIG ad hom against AJ.
RLMFAO.

How is pointing out an actual quote by someone an ad hominem attack? I've never heard anything like that in my life.

You might say that it's unethical to quote something with no context whatsoever but the video in the original post has plenty of context.
edit on 5-10-2012 by infiniteclarity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You are a quote mining fool.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by morsomnibustyrannus

You are a quote mining fool.

Did you watch the entire video posted in the original post of this thread?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
From what i read and heard Alex jones a genuine nice guy and really believes a lot of these conspiriracies. Again thats what i heard. My honest opinon he knows he's a pawn in this game, just like the rest of us. So from web sites like these, its easy to collect info and use it for a podcast just like his. Alex Jones just knows how to market himself. Just like Charlie Sheen, Mr Jones is WINNING.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I bet Alex Jones started out like most Americans. Gung ho and fully patriotic full of Nationalism busting his back for the country....until he opened his eyes and realized he was being attacked by his own country....,

Probably broke down into booze and drugs until he decided to do what he's doing. The odd thing is....why hasn't he been killed yet like all the others who opened their eyes and realized the truth??

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
He hasn't been killed because conspiracy guy getting the hack, is way to obvious. It would start a conspiracy haha

top topics

<< 1   >>

join