Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Al-qaeda blamed for Forest Fires throughout Europe

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Al Qaeda blamed for European Forest Fires

"One should note that setting fires to forests in the countries of the European Union is a new tendency in al-Qaeda's strategy of a 'thousand cuts'," Alexander Bortnikov said, according to state news agency RIA Novosti, at a meeting of heads of security agencies. "This method allows (al-Qaeda) to inflict significant economic and moral damage without serious preliminary preparations, technical equipment or significant expenses." In linking al-Qaeda to the deadly wildfires, Mr Bortnikov pointed to calls to launch a "forest jihad" by various extremist websites which he said also publish detailed instructions about how and where to best carry out arson.

Source

If this is true.....this is probably one of the saddest things going on, other than all the casualties of war. So their goal is to make the world unlivable now? How messed up does your ideology have to be, to burn down forests all for the sake of jihad.

To the mods: Sorry if I put this story in the wrong section. I don't usually create new topics so I wasn't sure where to put this. So feel free to move this thread. Thank you
edit on 4-10-2012 by Svipdagr because: added stuff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

I hope I'm not jinxing it, but this has been a fear of mine for a long time. I live in Arizona and most of our wildfires are caused by stupid people and lightening and they are bad enough. I would hate to see what a strategic wild fire would do here in the states. The damage takes a long time to recover from in many ways.
edit on 10/4/1212 by 1MrMarc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

My brother mans the fire phone for Tonto National Forest every year and is constantly swamped with calls from Spring to Fall. We barely have enough man power to fight the fires that are unintentional.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I am sure they would not even think about doing this.
They are peaceful,loving,tolerant people who are just misunderstood.

Well that is at least what I keep seeing posters here on ATS write. Maybe just maybe they are women hating.intolerant,war mongering nut jobs.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Economic sabotage is an expected outcome of any type of conflict, sabotage is very effective also in any competition, we have all the worlds economies competing against each-other, there is a intrinsically insanity in the systems without even counting terrorists. Economic/Coorporate spying is also a result of this.

As a terrorist strategy on would also include railways and electric distribution sabotage, and biological warfare on livestock (spreading foot-and-mouth) and other "easy" to disseminate diseases. There is a very thin line between conflict and competition...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
What?

There is big fires here every year, especially in Spain, where it is very hot and dry.
This is Europe, everyone smokes, and people are not careful with their cigarette butts- that is the biggest culprit.
This last big fire in Spain was found to be caused by that.
I have never heard mention over here of Al-Quaida having anything to do with it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You'd have to be an idiot to destroy the Earth's precious air purifiers intentionally in such high numbers. Oh wait...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Well if the US Government would stop paying Al Qaeda to start European Forest Fires, then perhaps they would stop starting European Forest Fires?

Oh, you say you don't know who Al Qaeda was created by and works for?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I gotta agree that yeah some are accidental caused by cigarette butts and stupidity. But the scary part about it, is there are actual websites on the internet that teach people how to cause forest forests specifically in the name of Jihad.

oh btw if you know of any good jobs in france that are willing to sponser, let me know LOL. wrong thread but still. i'd love to live in france
edit on 5-10-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I can't promise anything, but PM me with some information about yourself and what you would be looking for!

If I come across an opportunity I can refer you.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
No,

if you don't clean them and it doesn't rain.....fire starts...../end of story.....

new topics

top topics

join