Obama fires back

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He has his foreign policies and they are, so far, quite successful.

The middle east is melting down ... our supposed 'ally' Israel is out of control and on the verge of bombing Iran ... our people were murdered in Benghazi because this administration refused to give them the security they requested ... and then Obama's white house covered up the murder for a week claiming it was 'spontanteous' ... and partly due to failure to lead politically with oil producing nations, the price of gas is $4.00 a gallon ... the UN is trying to push a global tax on the United States (which we can't afford) to 'redistribute wealth' to the other side of the planet .. we bombed Libya when we had no business doing so ....

How is that 'quite successful'??

edit on 10/5/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed paragraph

I'm trying to minimize my political participation these days but I wanted to toss something out.

The middle east is going to melt down no matter who is in office. It always has and it always will. The only reason it didn't for a few years was because we were bribing everyone with tax money. I'm kinda tired of that myself. If these idiots want to kill each other...go for it. I do not care about a single one of them. If Israel picks a fight with Iran or vice-versa...I do not care...if Israel falls...I do not care.

How arrogant of anyone to think it is their job to police and patrol this world. Empires, Kingdoms and Countries rise and fall...they have since the dawn of civilization. It is not my job to cause it or prevent it...until it is OUR OWN. Which now it is...if we keep spending "our" money worrying about everyone else...who's going to spend money to save ours?

As far as "citizens" being killed....our citizens get killed everyday in a city near you...is that the Govs fault too? You want the Gov to increase surveillance and restrict more freedoms to fix that?

And the Pres has no power of oil prices...it is market driven...I don't like it but it's about futures speculation (you know...that filthy capitalist thing). The pres could open up more land for drilling and I guarantee as long as the investors in oil companies get to set their own prices, the price WILL NOT go back down.
edit on 10/5/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I did not mean the entirety of his mind, just which way his political policies definately lean. It is hard to tell what is true as I said in first post. For me, I want a President who recognizes the importance of early education in the long term for the future everyone. My three kids are in their 20's now, working and going to college, full time. One will get her degree this year. We were always struggling to raise three kids and Sesame Street was a good, affordable teacher for my kids and for me on how to teach and the importance of education. Maybe in your world that does not account for much, but I think they will contribute to society and be independent, but not without help along the way.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Check your facts. For some stupid reason aid to Israel has gone up under Obama. If he were so against Israel then it should have gone down.

I was hinting at Obama's personal feelings towards the situation. Yes, Obama continues to support Israel financially because Congress demands it. Otherwise, Obama would prefer to wipe his hands of them.

Regardless, Obama has publicly supported Israel, so I don't know why it's such a big deal that Romney went to visit Israel. Romney was willing to meet with Israel face-to-face while Obama refuses to do so.

Check into Operation Wide Receiver and you will know who to blame for fast and furious.

Thanks for the research lead. However, it doesn't appear to totally vindicate Holder on Fast and Furious or Obama's reasons for using an executive order to slow down the investigation.

In his own statement, Issa said, "Contrary to the denials of the attorney general and his political defenders in Congress, the investigation found that information in wiretap applications approved by senior Justice Department officials in Washington did contain red flags showing reckless tactics and faults Attorney General Eric Holder’s inner circle for their conduct.

openchannel.nbcnews.com... e

The Muslim Brotherhood isn't listed as a terrorist organization in America. So why should he defend himself against things people have dreamed up?

You're right. We'll have to wait until this one plays out before we can corner Obama on it, but I see it coming.

Obama shouldn't do anything about Syria. What is happening there is none of America's business.

Just for the record, we should hear this straight from Obama either way. That place is a ticking time bomb and we should be hearing how it might affect us from many different scenarios and standpoints.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So Obama had 90 minutes to use the same passion in making these same accusations directly to Romney's face the night before...and instead wouldn't even look Romney in the eye.

Yet, Obama WAITS until Romney is NOT in front of him to fire back, before he passionately spews his lies to crowds of his sycophants the next day.

Q: WHO behaves that way?
A: COWARDS!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

No he just gave facts while Romney when he wasn't telling lies spewed BS.

The MSM said it, so it must be true.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

No he just gave facts while Romney when he wasn't telling lies spewed BS.

The MSM said it, so it must be true.

The MSM doesn't have to say it to make it true.

For example, during the debate, Romney said:

I do want to reduce the burden being paid by middle-income Americans. And I — and to do that that also means that I cannot reduce the burden paid by high-income Americans.

However, a simple search of mittromney.com reveals the following (the very first bullet point under the heading "Individual Taxes"):

Make permanent, across-the-board 20 percent cut in marginal rates

www.mittromney.com...

So, which is it? It can't be both. Since it can't be both and since Romney has been campaigning from the beginning that he would lower taxes on the high-income Americans, that means he lied during the debate.

There are many things that Romney said during the debate that were contradictory to what he has said throughout campaign; a.k.a. lies. The MSM media is calling him out on them, but I don't need to rely on the MSM to know the truth. The truth is easily verifiable through many other forms of media. It's so easy that a PvtHudson could do it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Netenyahu is a big mouthed fool, and the further Obama distances himself from the Zionists the better. If you don't want our president hanging out with terrorists then he should stay as far away from Apartheid Israel as possible.
edit on 5-10-2012 by TylerKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest with all involved here, I think the average intellect of the American people must have gone dumped somewhere.

Take a look at the debate between Bush and McCain ... and Bush got re-ellected. And honestly, these two candidates ... they are both, just one inch above Bush in the two syllable area ... they maybe able to say "Nuclear" correctly, instead of the un-educated "Nucular". But that's just because they learned to parrot ... not because their IQ got up.

It's a real shame that Ron Paul isn't in that debate ... becase "he's" just the guy that is needed.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What amazes me is how people are just eating up this Soap Opera and coming back for seconds. For a site that proudly displays "Deny Ignorance" all over the place, it appears once again the membership is fully embracing it.

Romney was supposed to look strong in this debate. Obama was supposed to look weak. This is how you create a competition, an illusion that there is a choice here. An illusion that there is something different about these two Candidates.

Stop and think carefully.... just a week prior to this debate, every news station, every article, everything you saw would indicate that Romney's base was not very enthusiastic over his Candidacy... and their not! Many of the same people posting in this very thread now, just last week were posting how Romney was John Kerry 2.0 and was meant to lose to Obama. Notice how suddenly these posters are singing a different tune? Notice how this completely has turned around Romney's campaign? Notice how people were not sold on Romney suddenly are? Notice how those who were suggesting the Republicans were throwing away this election are now questioning their previous ideas?

This is why the formula works... because people fall for it over and over and over again. So now Romney's base is enthusiastic. Now they are excited. Now they actually believe their hand picked Candidate can win.

But did anyone realize the "topic" of the debate? It was the economy. Anyone with even a 4th grade reading level could tell you the economy is Obama's biggest weakness. I can beat Obama in a debate on the economy. A 5 year old can beat Obama in a debate on the economy. Look around you!! This is scripted. All of it. So what comes next?

Next we have the Vice Presidential Debates, topic: Foreign and Domestic Policy. I predict a Paul Ryan "win" to further encourage the Republican base, or even a stalemate- where Ryan "wins" on domestic policy and Biden "wins" on Foreign policy.

After that we have another Presidential debate on Foreign and Domestic Policy. In this "debate" we will see Obama score some big points. Romney will still get his shots in, but there will be a "split decision" as to who the winner is.

The final debate is on Foreign Policy. Obama will win this hands down, and the threads we will see here, and the talk of the "News" networks will be if Mitt Romney is actually qualified to be on the "World Stage".

Voters are being steered like cattle. The propaganda machine is in full swing and working overtime. Voters are once again falling for the dog and pony show- and then wonder why this country is a mess.

Once again ATS has proven, without a shadow of a doubt, that ignorance is not "denied" here... it is fully embraced.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
To be perfectly honest with all involved here, I think the average intellect of the American people must have gone dumped somewhere.

Take a look at the debate between Bush and McCain ... and Bush got re-ellected. And honestly, these two candidates ... they are both, just one inch above Bush in the two syllable area ... they maybe able to say "Nuclear" correctly, instead of the un-educated "Nucular". But that's just because they learned to parrot ... not because their IQ got up.

It's a real shame that Ron Paul isn't in that debate ... becase "he's" just the guy that is needed.

You are 100% correct. It is a shame Ron Paul is not in any debate. While the talking heads and puppets argue over who pays what in taxes, no one is talking about the real problem.....

The tax itself!!!

You go to work and for YOUR work, the Government is entitled to a cut of YOUR money!!?? For what? What have they done? YOU work for that money, YOU are entitled to 100% of what YOU make. The Federal income tax is a scam. It is robbery- plain and simple. Yet no one is talking about that, instead we argue over how much we should pay?

This election cycle, these debates, it all proves one thing.... in the lack of true leadership people will listen to whoever steps up to the plate.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Originally posted by IAMTAT
So Obama had 90 minutes to use the same passion in making these same accusations directly to Romney's face the night before...and instead wouldn't even look Romney in the eye.

Yet, Obama WAITS until Romney is NOT in front of him to fire back, before he passionately spews his lies to crowds of his sycophants the next day.

Q: WHO behaves that way?
A: COWARDS!

And Republicans. Let's face it. Democrats don't usually behave this way. Obama is hitting the GOP with their own medicine and they DO NOT LIKE IT!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
How arrogant of anyone to think it is their job to police and patrol this world.

:shk: You did see the part where I said that we had no business being in Libya, right?
Or did you just skip read that part? No where did I say we were supposed to 'police the world'.
But the fact is that the POTUS is supposed to be dealing with other countries and doing so in
a manner that is helpful to the USA. Obama simply isn't doing it.

As far as "citizens" being killed....our citizens get killed everyday in a city near you...is that the Govs fault too?

OH PLEASE! That's pathetic. Our embassy in Libya asked and asked for greater protection because they knew an attack was coming. The Obama administration DENIED them the security they needed. Now our people are dead. And Obama tried to cover the murders up for a week .. claiming they were due to 'spontanious' demonstrations rather than the fact that they were a planned terrorist attack and the administration knew it was probably coming but blew it. So YES ... In this case - the attack on our embassy and the deaths of our people ARE THE GOVERNMENTS FAULT.

And the Pres has no power of oil prices...

that's not true. I said the POTUS is PARTLY to blame for the gas prices .. and that is true. Part of it is oil speculators, part of it is the world situation. The POTUS is supposed to be politicing with OPEC and other oil nations to insure that we have a steady supply at a reasonable price. It's part of his JOB. Oil prices do change depending on what the POTUS is doing with these countries.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerKing
Netenyahu is a big mouthed fool, and the further Obama distances himself from the Zionists the better.

For crying out loud ... it doesn't matter if Netanyahu is a 'loud mouthed fool' and that Obama doesn't like him. The fact is that Netanyahu heads a country that is supposed to be our 'ally' and he is out of control, calling for war with Iran. It's Obamas JOB to meet with Netanyahu and to get control over the situation.

Obama meets with the Muslim Brotherhood terrorists ... so don't go telling me that he somehow is too good to meet with Netanyahu. That's aburd.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

And Republicans. Let's face it. Democrats don't usually behave this way. Obama is hitting the GOP with their own medicine and they DO NOT LIKE IT!

What are you talking about? Democrats behave just as sneaky as Republicans do.
Obama lost the debate and the Republicans are LOVING IT.
I don't kow where you get that Republicans aren't liking it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Dear Benevolent Heretic,

I have a great deal of respect for you, even if, at the moment, I can't remember when we last agreed. But your most recent post is a little unusual. I don't understand it. That's not normally the case.

Let me try to explain my confusion.

IAMTAT seems to say that Obama could have contradicted Romney, with passion, while they were debating, but he acted cowardly and waited until Romney wasn't around.

Your response seemed to be that it is a despicable tactic, used by cowards and Republicans. Then you point out that Obama is acting the same despicable way and Republicans don't like it. What? Do you think Republicans would rather have had Obama strike back during the debate? I don't think so.

I think Republicans heat over this is that it shows the President to be doing cowardly things, while Romneychose to face Obama in public.

But I have no clue whether I'm right. This is one of your very few posts that I just don't understand.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by TylerKing
Netenyahu is a big mouthed fool, and the further Obama distances himself from the Zionists the better.

For crying out loud ... it doesn't matter if Netanyahu is a 'loud mouthed fool' and that Obama doesn't like him. The fact is that Netanyahu heads a country that is supposed to be our 'ally' and he is out of control, calling for war with Iran. It's Obamas JOB to meet with Netanyahu and to get control over the situation.

Obama meets with the Muslim Brotherhood terrorists ... so don't go telling me that he somehow is too good to meet with Netanyahu. That's aburd.

How exactly are they our ally? When they ignore anything anyone asks them? When they refuse nuclear inspections? When they kill and bulldoze houses while taking our money? When they use lies in hopes of starting another war, killing innocents and Americans alike?

Your only excuse for their reprehensible behavior is that they're our ally. That is truly absurd, but then again he knows his fanbase.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I think you misread something. Read the quote and then my response.

Basically, Obama throwing the debate and then responding to Romney on the campaign trail (instead of taking him on face to face in the debate) could be seen as cowardly, sneaky or very "sly". I think it's sneaky but very smart. It gave him time to reflect and his people enough time to write some Big Bird lines for him to take on the road. It's like a sneaky GOP move. But it's a Democrat whose doing it.

This actually gives me hope that Obama's going to play on the same field and use the same rules the GOP uses.

reply to post by charles1952

I hope this post explains my position. I don't think the actions are "despicable". just "sneaky" and smart. There's no rules that the parties have to challenge each other on stage. Obama just took notes and then planned his response. And then delivered it where it counts. In Ohio and Virginia. He's brilliant.
edit on 10/5/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I think you misread something. Read the quote and then my response.

Basically, Obama throwing the debate and then responding to Romney on the campaign trail (instead of taking him on face to face in the debate) could be seen as cowardly, sneaky or very "sly". I think it's sneaky but very smart. It gave him time to reflect and his people enough time to write some Big Bird lines for him to take on the road. It's like a sneaky GOP move. But it's a Democrat whose doing it.

This actually gives me hope that Obama's going to play on the same field and use the same rules the GOP uses.

You gotta fight fire with fire... no point being nice and good because they will lose when the opponent is a liar and a theif... sugar coat and win peoples vote.

Obama should just act like normal politicians and sugar coat...people want icing on their cake.

Also i think the whole presidential debate is just entrainment rather than something useful.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Dear Benevolent Heretic,

Now I know why we disagree, you're so much smarter than I am. I've read your explanations and I still don't have a clue.

Obama, intentionally lost the debate, so that he could review the tapes of what Romney said, then prepare his attack accordingly? But isn't Romney lookiing at the tapes of what Obama said and is preparing his attack accordingly?

When the debate ended, both candidates started preparing their ads and getting ready for the next debate. Obama can run ads in Ohio and Virginia? So can Romney. What did Obama gain by looking like a loser?

And if that is his strategy, it's not working very well.
www.washingtontimes.com...

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney's widely-acknowledged victory in Wednesday's presidential debate has helped him to draw even or slightly ahead in several key swing states, according to polls released Friday.

A poll by We Ask America found Mr. Romney leading President Obama by 3 percentage points in Florida and Virginia and by 1 point in Ohio, after polls have consistently shown the president leading over the past month.

The firm conducted a previous poll two weeks ago that showed Mr. Obama with 3-point leads in Florida and Virginia.

A poll released Friday by Rasmussen Reports also shows the president clinging to a 1-point lead in Ohio, but that Mr. Romney has overtaken him by 1 point in Virginia.

Rasmussen's previous polls in the state were conducted in mid-September and showed the president leading by a percentage point in Ohio and Virginia.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic He's brilliant.

If by brilliant, you mean that he can passionately read a speech from a teleprompter then I agree.

Unfortunately there are no teleprompters at the debates and he flailed like a fish out of water. Only a True Believer would think otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join