Obama fires back

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The more I have thought about O's behavior at the debate, the more I have come to the conclusion that he simply cannot stand to be in the same room with such a fraud as Romney

Judging by the way Obama deals (or doesn't deal) with the leadership of Israel, I have to agree with your assessment. However, the fact that Obama can't function when he's standing next to a person he doesn't like is pretty lame and shows he has no business being POTUS. A POTUS has to deal with people he/she does't like .. world leaders he/she doesn't like. Obama gets an 'F' in this department.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It's easy to shine when your the rockstar in a room full of adoring fans. Was there anyone there demanding that Obama attempt to defend his failed policies? Was there anyone reminding him of his broken promise to cut the deficit? Was there anyone there bringing up the fact that thanks to Obamacare, average Americans are paying around $2500 more for heath insurance?

Romney is no weak sister like the MSM. He is not going to gloss over Obama's failures. I'm looking forward to the next debate and hope Obama brings his "A" game and is ready to defend his record. My guess is that in the next debate, Romney will again prove to be the Alpha Male and Obama will once again appear weak.
edit on 10/5/2012 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

it would be fascinating to know where most of you stand...have you chosen already...or will this debate influence your vote.

if i was american i would be so torn between the candidates based on that debate....but obama still edges it...as he only alienates the 1%.....romney aleinates the other 99% lol

good show

edit on 5-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah. Mitt Romney does this "alpha male" thing, swaggering, trying to tower over Obama, ignoring and talking over the moderator, and the pundits swoon. Even Chris Matthews of MSNBC was shrilling, "He was MASTERFUL."

IMO Obama thinks Romney's a total liar and a fool, but he doesn't feel free to say as much before the whole country, so he suffers him begrudgingly. I noticed Obama appeared not to even look at Mitt, his distaste is so strong. IMO what he tried to do was clearly spell out his positions instead of engaging him in a combative way. I guess Obama came off as suffering fools a little too patiently and I suppose what he needs to do is to light into Romney in a forceful and aggressive way. But that would come with the price of turning a lot of people off, too,

Unfortunately, men in this country are still obliged to do the "caveman" thing in order to get respect. In many ways they need liberating too.

edit on 5-10-2012 by Sestias because: Added a sentence

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I have come to the conclusion that he simply cannot stand to be in the same room with such a fraud as Romney.

Okay .. I thought about this some more ...

I still agree that Obama doesnt' like Romney and that's part of why Obama did so poorly at the debate. BUT I don't agree that it's because Romney is a 'fraud'. Afterall ...Obama is a liar and a fraud himself .. so it's not like Obama is some paragon of virtue who couldn't stomach being next to a 'fraud'. I think it's much more likely that Obama doesn't like Romney because Romney wants Obamas job. And because every time Obama tried to misrepresent what Romneys policies are, Romney was right there to fire back saying 'that's not true'. King Obama isn't used to that. He's used to 'yes men' and an adoring MSM all around him.

Either way, Obama couldn't function while standing near a man he didn't like.
That's not the way a POTUS is supposed to behave or function. Obama failed.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah. Mitt Romney does this "alpha male" thing, swaggering, trying to tower over Obama, ignoring and talking over the moderator, and the pundits swoon. Even Chris Matthews of MSNBC was shrilling, "He was MASTERFUL."

IMO Obama thinks Romney's a total liar and a fool, but he doesn't feel free to say as much before the whole country, so he suffers him begrudgingly. I noticed Obama appeared not to even look at Mitt, his distaste is so strong. IMO what he tried to do was clearly spell out his positions instead of engaging him in a combative way. I guess Obama came off as suffering fools a little too patiently and I suppose what he needs to do is to light into Romney in a forceful and aggressive way. But that would come with the price of turning a lot of people off, too,

Unfortunately, men in this country are still obliged to do the "caveman" thing in order to get respect. In many ways they need liberating too.

edit on 5-10-2012 by Sestias because: Added a sentence

I didn't see Romney swagger or try to tower over Obama. I did see Romney ignore the moderator, but to be fair Obama did the same thing. The Alpha male aspect.had more to do with Romney's ability to put Obama on the defensive.I doubt that Obama's distaste for Romney is as strong as some think. They are more alike than most Democrats would like to admit.
edit on 10/5/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

it would be fascinating to know where most of you stand...have you chosen already...or will this debate influence your vote.

Personally, I was debating whether or not to vote at all, even though I'm a Republican.

After the debate, I'm more psyched about voting for Romney.

I knew it was going to take a "take charge" kind of person to rally our current Congress into making decisions and I wasn't sure if either one of them were capable. It's already clear that Obama cannot, but Romney showed a certain level of leadership ability during the debate that makes me think he might be able to pull it off.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

If Obama can rub shoulders with the likes of Jeremiah Wright, Van Jones, Tony Rezko, Bill Ayers, Barney Frank, and a whole list of unsavory characters, then I think he can man up and spend an hour with Romney without being so repulsed that he loses a national debate. Frankly, I think that excuse is preposterous. IMHO
edit on 10/5/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

Don't forget that Obama had no problem bowing gracefully and respectfully to a whole host of despicable world leaders.
edit on 10/5/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The first debate to Obama was a boxing match. And like a boxing match, with any experienced boxer, you just don't run out fist swinging like a mad man with no restraint. You come out calm, assertive, but on the defensive. You allow the inexperienced boxer to throw a few wild punches. You give a few defensive jabs just to keep the opponent back. This jab will anger the inexperienced boxer. He believes he can just come out and land every punch he throws, so he throws more... and more .. and more, until he throws one too many, and BAM!

Hook and an uppercut sends him straight to the ground, down for the count. I believe this is how the debates will play out, and I'm not interested in either candidate.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
However, the fact that Obama can't function when he's standing next to a person he doesn't like is pretty lame and shows he has no business being POTUS.

Oh, he COULD have done just fine. I expected him to flatten Romney. I've seen his past debates with people he likes and respects... I firmly believe he COULD have shown Romney for the fool that he is. That's why EVERYONE was so shocked. Because Obama's got the skill. We all know that. Don't fool yourself.

Why Obama lost.

1. He was picking his battles. Debates aren't that important in the final analysis.
2. He didn't want to appear to be attacking Romney and supply a "sympathy" vote.
3. He didn't want to give the media an excuse to play the "angry black man" card.
4, He was hoping Romney would hang himself with fact-checkers (which he did).
5. And you know what they say about arguing with morons...

I disagree with your analysis...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
The first debate to Obama was a boxing match. And like a boxing match, with any experience boxer, you just don't run out fist swinging like a mad man with no restraint. You come out calm, assertive, but on the defensive. You allow the experience boxer to throw a few wild punches. You give a few defensive jabs just to keep the opponent back. This jab will anger the inexperienced boxer. He believes he can just come out and land every punch he throws, so he throws more... and more .. and more, until he throws one too many, and BAM!

Hook and an uppercut sends him straight to the ground, down for the count. I believe this is how the debates will play out, and I'm not interested in either candidate.

You could be right, but I don't think any boxer wants to lose any round. His best bet is to knock the opponent out asap
If the next debate allows the candidates to follow up and revisit issues brought up in the previous debate that I think your analysis would be valid. But the next debate is over a set of completely different issues and Obama is once again going to have his hands full defending his failed record. I doubt the moderator is going to allow time for clearing up points from the previous debate. That ship has already sailed. The MSM is Obama's best bet for damage control.

With only three debates I don't think either candidate can afford to sit back and play rope-a-dope as one member called it.
edit on 10/5/2012 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Let's take a look at another remark that Obama made in Denver during his rally yesterday:

That means we export more jobs and we outsource -- export more products and we outsource fewer jobs. Over the last three years, we came together to reinvent a dying auto industry that’s back on top of the world. (Applause.) We’ve created more than half a million new manufacturing jobs.

While Obama likes to spout that we've created more than half a million (500,000+) new manufacturing jobs, he keeps forgetting that we've been losing them along the way too.

According to BLS reports starting with January 2010, when you factor in the jobs lost with the jobs gained (just in manufacturing), the grand total after taking into consideration the September 2012 employment situation that was just released (-16,000), we now stand at...

151,000 grand total of manufacturing jobs.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Deetermined because: Ooops! I forgot to add August 2012 manufacturing numbers into my spreadsheet which deducted the total further by another (-15,000).

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

he COULD have done just fine.

If he COULD have .. he WOULD have.

I expected him to flatten Romney.

I did too.

He was picking his battles. Debates aren't that important in the final analysis.

You are entitled to your opinion but I'm not buying this. (not that you are trying to sell it .. but you know what I mean) A presidential debate is a HUGE 'battle' in a POTUS race. To say he just sloughed it off because it's not important .... naaaah.

He didn't want to appear to be attacking Romney and supply a "sympathy" vote.

Obama has never been gentle with anyone for fear of giving a 'sympathy' vote.
Look at how he treats the leadership of Israel. He doesn't worry about alienation of
the Jewish vote or that his behavior will give a 'Jewish sympathy vote' to Romney.

He didn't want to give the media an excuse to play the "angry black man" card.

The media and everyone else are too afraid of falsely being called 'racist' to ever say anything like that.

He was hoping Romney would hang himself with fact-checkers (which he did).

So you think Obama just sat back and looked inept and pathetic in the hopes that the media would fact check Romney to death? Kinda backfired on Obama. Those fact-checkers nailed the heck out of Obama as well. Obama wasn't exactly honest either.

5. And you know what they say about arguing with morons...

If Romney was such a big moron and Obama wasn't, then Obama should have been able to wipe the floor with him and show Romney up for the moron that he is. He should have ground him into the dirt and all but finished this POTUS race once and for all. That didn't happen.

I disagree with your analysis...

As expected ...
edit on 10/5/2012 by FlyersFan because: added line

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I have to agree. The first debate was over the economy and the most important to most Americans. Plus the first debate is generally the one that gets the most viewers. I don't think Obama had any kind of strategy going into this.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I was disappointed in Obama, too. He should have seen it coming, he knows Romney is like liquid mercury trying to figure out his policies. But as a woman, what gave me a clue of how Romney's mind works, was his comment about Big Bird, in all seriousness. I have voted Republican and Democrat, but I can never vote for this new type of republican the last few years.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

But as a woman, what gave me a clue of how Romney's mind works, was his comment about Big Bird, in all seriousness.

Seriously, I really must know how his comment about Big Bird gave you a clue about the entirety of how Romney's mind works. Can you help us to understand what you mean by that?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
HA HA HA ! oh man, O' looks pissed! I can't wait until the next debate when Romney whoops his ass again!
All the pressure will be on O' to be tough but not come across as the butthole that he actually is, it's gonna be fun watching him trying to walk that thin line.
I hope he goes all Rev. Jeremiah on Romney, that would be HILARIOUS!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

if i was american i would be so torn between the candidates based on that debate....but obama still edges it...as he only alienates the 1%.....romney aleinates the other 99% lol

good show

I personally do not think you can judge a person from one live performance. Obama is human. We've all been there - - days where we just weren't "on fire" when we should have been.

Maybe it is as simple as Al Gore said. The high altitude.

Substance wise - - Obama won.

edit on 5-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

good show

edit on 5-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

I have already chosen. The debates do not make much difference to me.

I could list a page full of reasons why I will not vote for Romney but the one that stands out more than any other for me deals with his character.

He hid behind his religion while pushing for others to fight during Vietnam and now he has the gall to claim he would be there Commander and Chief. The man is the antichrist as far as I am concerned.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If Obama was going to "fire back" then he should have done so at the night of the debate.

Obama reminds me of someone who got beat up after school, went home, went in his backyard, and says, "Oh yeah?"
edit on 5-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Not just that, because the President is the also known as the most powerful man in the world, yet he got is arse whooped in front of the entire school, and thanks to YouTube the fight has gone viral.
Reminds me of the movie Rocky, where Creed's trainer sees Rocky training and preparing for the fight, turns to Apollo and says, "Hey champ, better take a look at this. Looks like he means business"
Creed replies, "Yeah, yeah, I mean business too"

I'm loving the fallout, Letterman and Fallon are both shocked that their man fell flat on his face.
Letterman actually had the top 10 Obama excuses, number 1 being, you guessed it, Blame Bush.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join