Obama fires back

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

As GOP celebrates Romney's debate showing, Obama fires back

www.latimes.com

Mitt Romney tries to build on his debate performance, while an impassioned President Obama casts his rival as a fraud.

Just a few miles away, Obama tore into his rival with a passion notably lacking Wednesday night on the University of Denver stage.

"It couldn't have been the real Mitt Romney" at the debate, Obama said at a chilly outdoor rally, "because the real Mitt Romney has been running around the country for the last year promising $5 trillion in tax cuts that favor the wealthy. But the fellow on stage last night said he didn't know anything about that."
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
its about time he started getting passionate....i think its obama time....as for conspiracy theorists - bilderberg gave him a green light for the next round lol...

the dude better rep his camp and voters...i never saw such a sorry bunch....it was like watching mike tyson fans after he bit evanders ear off...dissilusioned

cmon..im an outsider..i just want a good show lol

CMON OBAMA...TIME TO GET GHETTO,,,,LIKE BEFORE...REMEMBER

HAHAA LOLOL too funny...

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hmmm... I'm going to be succinct and just say talk is cheap, so to speak. He's back to looking strong, in control and totally in command. Indeed. So let's see the next debate and I think that will tell the tale. Was this one a one off bad night for Obama or was it a side we haven't really seen much before? The jury's out on that question until round 2, coming right up.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

So how come Obama is so great at pumping up audiences who already love him, but can't seem to perform well in a less stacked audience?

Oh yah and that guy makes a good Obama double. Can't figure out half of what he's singing, something about lunches by the pool and secret service got his back.
edit on 4-10-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

So how come Obama is so great at pumping up audiences who already love him, but can't seem to perform well in a less stacked audience?

i think hes seen the other side of the coin and it phazes him...before ignorance was bliss....

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I'll take that one if I may. What makes Obama look good? - the script, that's all.

He holds no press conferences, unless the questions are prepared. He never takes interviews with "tough" reporters (ok not sure those exist anymore). He's become the norm in America - a prepackaged star - just like Britney Spears and Justin Beiber.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I understand why people want Obama to be more "passionate" but do they know what that means? Does the president know?

My fear is that the president will say "Ok, attack his every sentence, go back to our advertising points, rip him a new one, I got it. Now give me a line or two and I'll tear him apart." That's not going to do it either. A debater that does that may energize his base, but it will come across as mean and petty to the undecideds. That's one group from which Obama can't afford to lose any more. He may have already lost too many.

Romney won largely because he was seen as an authentic leader, not some clever, sneaky, win on points, debater. I think that leadership is what Obama has to find within him. And, honestly, I don't think it's there.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This is a typical strategy of a loser...Why because Romney was more aggressive, and Obama was more passive?....
These two clowns couldn't fool me, it is up too you to figure out....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

What makes Obama look good? - the script, that's all.

He holds no press conferences, unless the questions are prepared. He never takes interviews with "tough" reporters (ok not sure those exist anymore). He's become the norm in America - a prepackaged star - just like Britney Spears and Justin Beiber.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

Yup. This the perfect illustration of the difference in Obama when he has a TelePrompTer as opposed to when he doesn't. Also, you can just see Obama seething when Romney called him on some of his "errors." He's not used to that. He usually plays to a friendly crowd/reporter who will just let his little inconsistencies slide.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

If Obama was going to "fire back" then he should have done so at the night of the debate.

Obama reminds me of someone who got beat up after school, went home, went in his backyard, and says, "Oh yeah?"
edit on 5-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Obama failed. Sorry to say it, but someone had to.

Obama doesn't know business, Romney does....

...Romney doesn't understand government...

Take you pick America.

S/F Interesting none the less

-SAP-
edit on 5-10-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I understand why people want Obama to be more "passionate" but do they know what that means? Does the president know?

My fear is that the president will say "Ok, attack his every sentence, go back to our advertising points, rip him a new one, I got it. Now give me a line or two and I'll tear him apart." That's not going to do it either. A debater that does that may energize his base, but it will come across as mean and petty to the undecideds. That's one group from which Obama can't afford to lose any more. He may have already lost too many.

Romney won largely because he was seen as an authentic leader, not some clever, sneaky, win on points, debater. I think that leadership is what Obama has to find within him. And, honestly, I don't think it's there.

I think that Obama was unusually off last night, the way that he usually speaks would have even been ok but this was different. I'm not sure what made Romney an "authentic leader", he still has not given any details for any of his plans. I would give Romney the win, but he didn't really say anything substantial. My bigger question is why didn't Obama resort to putting the 47 percent, or Bain issue out on the table when he knew he was getting his ass kicked? It seemed like they had an agreement that certain issues were of limits.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Lol Obama is always off, he took 45+ mins to tell us "Osama bin Laden" was killed by SEAL Team 6, and he walked out like he did the work. Obama is out of touch.

....Right and we had that intel for years...

Listen to his pauses, he has no idea about what hes talking about...But I degress I'll let you all make your own conclusions.

Oh and he had teleprompter for this...

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Give O a break, he has great public reading skills imo.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This guy:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Fire back with what? His record? That will be the day! A person can get only so far with charisma and rhetoric. I will give the President that, and he has been known to energize a crowd. However, this is not a rock concert, but debate season during the last month of the Presidential Election during a tough period in the United States. Only one debate, but he did not look good at all during the first one. I suppose he should have a heart to heart with his political mastermind David Axelrod, and make sure that his staffers get that teleprompter dialed in before the next one. He has got a lot to prove this next debate, and needs to find the enthusiam to defend his record. If he does not, or cannot? Then this thing is over!

If Romney can keep up the pressure and methodically strip away the glamor and glitz that is Barack Obama, and continue pounding away at his abysmal record? Then, there is not much the President can do with mere charisma and flashy speech alone, but he has got convince people that his record is worth carrying over into another term. That remains to be seen? Although, I think we have seen where the President is the most vulnerable? I think it is the meat and potatoes of this thing, and that is clarifying and defending his record. Even the best liar in the world would have a time trying to make that sound positive. It would be like selling ice to Eskimos. Good luck Mr. President!
edit on 5-10-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

It's time for Obama to ball up.

The more I have thought about O's behavior at the debate, the more I have come to the conclusion that he simply cannot stand to be in the same room with such a fraud as Romney. Obama has NO love or respect for the man, and was disgusted to be having a "discussion" with him. Romney represents everything Obama has fought against in his life: The wealthy 1%, the slimy liar, the elite snob, the cheating traitor who hides his money to prevent paying taxes that he owes to the country and the Corporate CEO who likes to fire people so he can use their wages for another private jet or buy his wife another thoroughbred horse...

What we saw at the debate was someone who was simply biting his tongue and passing the 90 minutes as quickly as possible.

The next day, Obama could say more of what he really thinks, in a way that is socially acceptable - on the campaign trail.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Obama .. face it dude ... you fell flat on your face. Obama supporters ... face it folks ... the big O couldn't do it and all the 'morning after' excuses may make ya'll feel better but they don't cut it. Romney supporters ... look guys ... Obama sucked but it wasn't the worst showing of a POTUS in a debate even though you guys are pushing that it was. Bush in the Bush vs Kerry debate was the absolute worst .. followed by Carter in the Carter vs Reagan debate. Obama was really bad .. but not the worst. Bush43 gets that prize.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

at least he can read it!....im just comparing him to the last president...when the telepromt had a 2 syllable limit

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yes, it's so much easier for Obama to spout half lies/truths himself when he's not being challenged.

Let's compare Obama and Romney's statements:

Obama yesterday in Denver:

But it couldn’t have been Mitt Romney -- because the real Mitt Romney has been running around the country for the last year promising $5 trillion in tax cuts that favor the wealthy. The fellow on stage last night said he didn’t know anything about that. (Laughter.)

Romney didn't say he didn't know anything about that, here's what he said (at least twice):

What I’ve said is I won’t put in place a tax cut that adds to the deficit. That’s part one. So there’s no economist can say Mitt Romney’s tax plan adds 5 trillion (dollars) if I say I will not add to the deficit with my tax plan.

Let me -- let me repeat -- let me repeat what I said -- (inaudible). I’m not in favor of a $5 trillion tax cut. That’s not my plan. My plan is not to put in place any tax cut that will add to the deficit. That’s point one. So you may keep referring to it as a $5 trillion tax cut, but that’s not my plan

What else did Obama say yesterday?

The Mitt Romney we all know invested in companies that were called “pioneers” of outsourcing jobs to other countries. But the guy on stage last night, he said that he doesn’t even know that there are such laws that encourage outsourcing -- he’s never heard of them.

Here's what Obama said during the Presidential debate that Romney was questioning:

And part of the way to do it is to not give tax breaks to companies that are shipping jobs overseas. Right now you can actually take a deduction for moving a plant overseas. I think most Americans would say that doesn’t make sense. And all that raises revenue.

Here's how Romney responded:

The second topic, which is you said you get a deduction for getting a plant overseas. Look, I’ve been in business for 25 years. I have no idea what you’re talking about. I maybe need to get a new accountant.

The truth is, there is no special incentive for moving a plant overseas. All moves are considered a business deduction regardless of where you move them because it's a business expense, period. So, it looks like Romney gave Obama a chance to clarify his statement, and Obama didn't know how to respond.

Obama's rally in Denver yesterday:

www.whitehouse.gov...

Transcript from Presidential debate:

www.nytimes.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join