It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telepathic suggestion through the TV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I was watching a live news show on TV the other day where there was a panel of five people discussing a topic. There happened to be an attractive lady on the panel. I was watching for awhile, and about 5 or so minutes later when the camera happened to switch to a close up to her speaking, she seemed to look through the camera at me as if she was looking at me and blinking/flirted with me. Well thats how it seemed, not that I was going to seriously believe it, but it made me feel good anyway somehow.

Well, I thought back to her, "if you really are looking at me through the camera and flirting with me, touch the left side of your nose." I imagined her touching her nose with her left index finger. Guess what? She did just that less than a minute later, just like I imagined her doing. Unbelieveable!

It seemed to be more than just coincidence to me, did we really have some sort of a connection for just a moment, or was it just my imagination?

Well I just wanted to share that and get your take on it. It is not like I'm trying to be psychic on purpose, sometimes it just happens when you don't expect it. Well if that is what it really was.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I like it when funny little things like that happen. It makes life interesting.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

This same sort of thing happened to one of my friends when he was about 15-16. He thought people on live TV were telling him stuff and speaking directly to him. He was utterly convinced no matter how crazy it sounded. I think it's just some part of the hypnotic trance the TV puts you into.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

It seemed to be more than just coincidence to me, did we really have some sort of a connection for just a moment, or was it just my imagination?

Imagination and coincidence can be a powerful blend.

There really is no *live* TV so she was touching her nose at least several seconds before you even thought about her flirting. They have a delay in live transmissions to allow for technical issues or on-air screw-ups like profanity.

If your brain is wired to believe/suspect that people on TV can see you and have feelings for you, it's well worth becoming aware of the fact. They look into a camera and have absolutely no way of *seeing* you. The next time you think some face on TV is communicating with you - shake it off because it's your mind playing tricks on you.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
No, I remember telling Gilligan, "No Gilligan. Don't go into that cave!!"...It never worked.

All seriousness aside, I've had a few instances like that. Not with TV, just weird moments where you make that connection. Once, some friends and I were walking together and I was singing some song. I said,"Isn't it weird when you're singing a song and you turn on the radio and it's playing?". Everyone agreed whole-heartedly. When we got to where we were going, one of us turned on the radio and WWHHHAAAA!!! it was playing. We all had a good laugh at that.

Next time you watch that show, try a little more risque' suggestion...wink wink. Maybe on a Univision show at that. Haha.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
reply to post by TC Mike

This same sort of thing happened to one of my friends when he was about 15-16. He thought people on live TV were telling him stuff and speaking directly to him. He was utterly convinced no matter how crazy it sounded. I think it's just some part of the hypnotic trance the TV puts you into.

That's what I think it is too. TVs have a Vibration that puts you into a state of hypnosis. I think it's Alpha brain waves. In this state no matter how you get there, you can get messages out of anything. This doesn't mean the messages aren't there, or aren't real..

I wish I could explain this further, how I know this..

TVs especially can start talking directly to you.. I'm not sure if it's just how the universe arranges itself so perfectly, or if subtle things can be changed by your mind in reality, or if everything all the time is telling you anything you need to hear in all ways possible.

John Lennon said something really cool in response to this kid interviewing him. (FROM memory paraphrased)

Kid: "Sometimes I listen to a beatles album and it's like it's speaking to me, like there's a message and it's meant for me."
John: "It's there. It's all there on all levels. Sometimes I'll write a song and will record it, and it's not till later.. I'll sit down and listen to it and I'll hear it. There will be a message in it, that I didn't know was there. And no matter what it is... You can look into a flower and if you look long enough all answers are inside it."

The relevant part I tried to remember starts at 3:34 in this video.. The whole thing is cool, even though it doesn't relate to the thread here.

edit on 10/4/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well, if she starts trying to convince you (or you start feeling) that you need to assassinate the president or kill some prominent figure so you can be together, please see a doctor.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

how is your social life ? do you have relationships or do you live isolated ?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'd be careful as "idea's of reference" are one of the first rank symptoms of schizophrenia.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Ideas of Reference:
Definition: Ideas of reference involve the belief that casual events, people's remarks, etc. are referring to oneself when, in fact, they are not. Some sources use the terms "ideas of reference" and "delusions of reference" interchangeably. Other sources differentiate between the two, saying that ideas of reference have less impact on the person's life as a whole. According to these sources, if ideas of reference reach the point of strongly held beliefs or cause impairment of functioning, they become delusions of reference.

bipolar.about.com...

I think this is dead on.

I had to go look up the reference,
but is along the lines of my first thought after reading this thread.

Not trying to offend you at all OP, but seriously, this is a big possibility.

edit on 7-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's happening because the government has the SSSS sytstem, which may act as a two way system. Also there are psychotronic abilities of the human brain we don't understand or perhaps a system of satallites time shifted or cloaked and you both happen to be sending brainwaves through them. Either way, I believe activity such as this (gangstalking, snubbing in mass) caused my voices. Which I figured out was technology and defeated. They now ask me why they cannot do anything physical anymore to me. They also say their with the US governments most secret project. I dont know what to believe.

new topics

top topics

join