It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who had the biggest American Flag pin last night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Why Romney did of course! He's more American.

static02.mediaite.com...

Playing to our lizard brains I see.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Who cares?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Im still voting Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
And what was that black dot on Romney's flag pin? That bugged me...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

I assume it was supposed to represent veterans or military service people. Romney playing dirty.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

What is dirty about representing veterans ? Really? ...but you are WRONG , it is a star that represents the secret service. It's a pin that was given to him a long time ago from a secret service member who protected him and his family.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

Oh that's interesting. Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
reply to post by Socrato

Who cares?

I think that's the OP's point mate. The whole pin thing is ridiculous - and what's even sadder is that if one or both weren't wearing one it would create a huge fuss.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

My wife and I were totally making fun of that last night. We were making bets that FOX would be saying today that "Mitt is the bigger American because he had the biggest Freedom Fry button! 9/11!"

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

LOL
What? How is that Romney playing dirty? Do you think they Obama and Romney were up late coordinating lapel pins and Romney agreed to .4 inch pin and showed up in a .6 inch pin "VET EDITION?"

They are both clowns. If you vote for either of them you are wasting your vote.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The question is not who has the biggest, but who was wearing the pin NOT made in China.

Regards

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
The question is not who has the biggest, but who was wearing the pin NOT made in China.

Regards

Spot on Comment paraphi...............

Wearing the biggest pin badge does not make you anything different except that the ''mentality'' of Twit Romney means that either he or his advisors think that this will differentiate him and score points in what has to be the most un-democratic choice you guys in the good ole US of A have...........

It made me laugh out loud when I heard Twit Romney blaming Obama for the deficit.......... have you guys forgotten ''ALREADY'' how the deficit was created...........A vote for the Republican means that America will stagnate more and not progress as the Superpower it once was...........!

The world has and is a changing place...America's attitude to it has to change as well and Twit Romney will not facilitate a beneficial change for America.......

For the record , I'm a Brit living in another EU country now and watching the Shannanigans of politics here too......

Politics currently only serves those in it and NOT those whom vote........... A plea to any USA citizen out there........... a vote for Romney is a short term, back to the greed mentality days and it will NOT benefit the USA in the longer term.......

Regards

PDUK

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I don't understand why anyone thinks he even knew his pin would be bigger? Am I missing something? Did he walk out, see Obama's pin and then put on a larger one?

You guys are reading too much into this.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

That's the secret service emblem.

I noticed Romney's bigger ornament, as well. Size matters.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I remember when Obama said he wouldn't wear a flag pin.
Looks like he's into showmanship as well as Romney.
(should'a known that from the Greek Collumns fiasco in 2008 )

One link of many telling the story

"I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest," he said in the interview. "Instead, I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testament to my patriotism."

On Thursday, his campaign issued a statement: "We all revere the flag, but Senator Obama believes that being a patriot is about more than a symbol. It's about fighting for our veterans when they get home and speaking honestly with the American people about this disastrous war."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
reply to post by Socrato

What is dirty about representing veterans ? Really? ...but you are WRONG , it is a star that represents the secret service. It's a pin that was given to him a long time ago from a secret service member who protected him and his family.

Mostly right. It was given to him by a member of the SS detail that was assigned to him since he got the nomination earlier this year...he didn't have a detail "a long time ago".

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A flag pin is meaningful in a decision of who is best to lead the country. Really sad times in which we live.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Socrato

LOL
What? How is that Romney playing dirty? Do you think they Obama and Romney were up late coordinating lapel pins and Romney agreed to .4 inch pin and showed up in a .6 inch pin "VET EDITION?"

LOL! This is exactly what I was implying

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Toyota flies the biggest flag in my community at their dealership,
Ford and Chevrolet fly standard size.
Toyota is number 1 in sales around these parts.

top topics

join