It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama voted against Stafford waiver for New Orleans two weeks before speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well to put it out there, Obama is a great actor. He even changed his accent!. Sorry, If I uploaded video wrong. www.newsy.com...[/yvid]

Here is Obama in a NEW (old) act. I didn't know he had an accent! And by the way, at the same time he is telling the people they aren't worth sh#t, he voted AGAINST the stafford waiver. WHICH was waived in spite of his vote. Isn't it nice to know he didn't expose that truth to the people he was speaking to?? Of course his excuse was because of Iraq, wouldn't ya know!
edit on 4-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Yeah, he voted against the bill that contained that provision, along with a whole dump truck full of other BS that was unrelated (full text here). Obama voted against all of it. Your thread title is purposely misleading.

Things like this is why we need a Constitutional Amendment that requires every bill considered by either house of Congress to relate to only a single topic.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

And the hypocrite is calling Romney a liar...HA!
I can't wait until Ryan has a field day with uncle Biden.

It's gonna be ugly. (but fun)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n

Yeah, he voted against the bill that contained that provision, along with a whole dump truck full of other BS that was unrelated (full text here). Obama voted against all of it. Your thread title is purposely misleading.

Things like this is why we need a Constitutional Amendment that requires every bill considered by either house of Congress to relate to only a single topic.

You're absolutely correct. However, the larger issue for me is that Obama voted on this and KNEW that it passed (thus waiving the local matching fund requirements of Stafford) BEFORE this speech in which he claims the opposite.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Too bad he didn't hold true in his Health Care bill. Oh, that's right, he didn't read it!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot

You're absolutely correct. However, the larger issue for me is that Obama voted on this and KNEW that it passed (thus waiving the local matching fund requirements of Stafford) BEFORE this speech in which he claims the opposite.
Exactly my point. He is a charade.

new topics

top topics

join