It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$5.00 dollar a gallon gas is back yay!! (NOT)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

That still doesnt explain the so called demand. If the Global Economy is down which usually means lower Oil use than what is the real problem?? Also, I know that Saudi Arabia is releasing more oil to "help" the price. Is that not happening anymore??

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

China and India's demand hasn't been affected by this downturn the way the U.S. has.
www.indexmundi.com...
www.indexmundi.com...

It's this demand that continues to drive prices up.
edit on 4-10-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

^this

I'm not going to have all the answers, suffice to say that major fields are going dry, or will soon...pretty much all over the world. So it could be that there is a lack of supply outside of Saudia Arabia. I think they still have expanded their production, recently.

You're correct that in the poor economy, demand slips, but these trends may take a little while to be realized, and the true down cycle of this leg is yet to be actualized. Look for a correction within months, but not just yet.
edit on 4-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Wheres 2011 and 2012??

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

As soon as Gas Prices in Cali goes down some refinary Fire happens, especially in the last 2 years or so, which is the reason they use for prices going up in CALI. It has nothing to do with demand. Also, considering over the last two years the amount of Gas that has been saved because of less travel, vacations, car pooling, etc. it would be apparent that prices should be much lower. The correlation doesnt exist anymore between supply and demand when it comes to Gasoline.

I can find sources but I am much to lazy. If you need them I will get them but in this case I dont think its needed.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

It's missing from those charts as the U.S. doesn't have the raw data for them. Considering their economy was still growing during this time it's unlikely their demand went down.

And now I really do need to sleep.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

How Convenient. And to say the US Economy Grew in the last two years is like saying our unemployment rate is 8%.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by antonia

How Convenient. And to say the US Economy Grew in the last two years is like saying our unemployment rate is 8%.

She didn't. You must have misread.

I must go to sleep as well.

Enjoy your nite.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Gotcha. Chinas economy.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

So, your Historical Gas price graph is for the year 2012 and the prices on ur graph only have a variance of .09cents??

Lets see a graph for the last 5-6 years than get an actual Historical Graph from the previous 50 years and add inflation into the mix. I guarantee that these prices dont fit even for todays standards.

The Historic rise was the precurser to get us used to $3.00 a gallon gas. So, when the fluctuations move to $4.00 its not that big of deal. Now, going from $.99 a gallon to $2.00 or even $2.50 was a huge deal.

I can provide a graph actual recorded every time I filling up. It is segmented by going from a gasoline to diesel fuelled car, but since the price of diesel is coupled with that of gasoline where I live, I dared superimposing the two.
Since I can see the year graph presented earlier rather accurate, I have tried to more or less draw us dollar prices into it. It aint science but it can give some oversight in what happened the last 5-6 years.

First the yeargraph provided earlier for comparison.

The big dip you see in the graph is the crisis setting in. A gallon would have done something like $1.20-$1.30. no?
edit on 4/10/12 by D.Wolf because: typo-negative

edit on 4/10/12 by D.Wolf because: adapted pic

edit on 4/10/12 by D.Wolf because: yearpic added.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

As soon as Gas Prices in Cali goes down some refinary Fire happens, especially in the last 2 years or so, which is the reason they use for prices going up in CALI. It has nothing to do with demand. Also, considering over the last two years the amount of Gas that has been saved because of less travel, vacations, car pooling, etc. it would be apparent that prices should be much lower. The correlation doesnt exist anymore between supply and demand when it comes to Gasoline.

I can find sources but I am much to lazy. If you need them I will get them but in this case I dont think its needed.

In your opinion ma'am, do you think there is some sort of foul play in these refinery fire to cause the prices to go up?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

I would gladly pay $2.30 cents gallon. No problem.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Im not a ma'am (its juss a name) but yes, I would say the Oil Prices are now fixed for some reason. Just like everything else. But, it seems the price of Oil no longer has anything to do with the price of Gas. I just found a "chart" to prove that point but I will wait to post it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I would gladly pay $5 a gallon, no problem. [dreaming] I would get me one of those muscle cars instead of the muesli I drive now. [/dreaming] Unfortunately, on this side of the pond, we are taxed into smaller and smaller cars if we want to stay away from the open sewer system between stations.

Meh a dinky will do.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6

Originally posted by steve95988
its has gone from about $3.99 for regular to about $4.24 here in Chico ,ca within a day... not sure why... but i cant do nothing about it.... i always keep my tanks full just encase of a shtf scenario

You're right about that; no less that 24 hrs it had increase. I wouldn't expect Chico being so cheap. Lucky you my friend.

I find it odd that Chico is so cheap when 45 minute drive north west is 50 to 75 cents higher. I know where I am headed to fill up tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Don't fall for the Romney BS. We are producing more oil and gas now that ever oil production has gone up under Obama. So how can you explain the shortage? Romney wants to drill in protected areas also he wants to bring the Keystone pipeline thru even though the the oil companies have stated that none of the oil or gas will be sold here in the states it is all for export only.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
And to think I almost had a cow paying $3.53 yesterday.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Gas is blended differently in the winter to make it burn cleaner. But if its october and youre out of summer gas cause youre making winter gas, why not fill the tanker with winter gas wtf?

Gas is also blended differently for different areas for emissions bull. California gas costs more because it burns cleaner supposedly. You can blame your politicians.

But im not claiming expertise, i drive a soap tanker....not gas.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Why do we have all this oil to export yet we import our own? What the hell?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join