It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone recommend a gold/silver ETF broker ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hopefully this is the right section

Does anyone here trade gold and silver ETFs ? I'm not looking to open a futures account and trade on margin, just looking to buy ETFs. Buying actual bullion might be a little risky, not practical and not really liquid, just looking to expand my investment particularly into silver, even though it's a little more volatile than gold, I see more upside potential there.

BTW, for anyone considering, right now might be a very risky time to buy gold/silver, it's approaching strong resistance, I'm hoping for a little pull back, maybe will get one after tomorrows non-farm payroll reports or maybe will just break through the resistance... will see.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
"Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush"

Same goes for silver/gold. Buy physical.

Only my thoughts but why trade paper? If the SHTF, paper is only good for one thing...wiping away the tears and anything else that needs wiping.

But...Good Luck to you all the same.

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
My husband and I used to trade the silver ETFs. SLV is the popular one but it seems to be more manipulated and dishonest (I think JP Morgan has it's sticky fingers in this one a little too deep). We had decent luck with ACQ (ProShares Ultra Silver).

Here is a list of all the silver ETFs: etf.stock-encyclopedia.com...

I would caution you to stay away from the ones traded on the Canadian and London Stock exchanges. Every time we've traded anything that lists on those, we've been royally screwed (pun fully intended).

Both Silver and Gold have had decent run-ups of late, so as is typical in the stock market, there will be a pull-back, but it's hard to tell when or how much. Gotta play with these ETFs for a while to learn where their bottoms are at, so do your due diligence.

A list of Gold ETFs:etf.stock-encyclopedia.com...

We have stopped playing with these, because they are so heavily manipulated by the big banks, but if you're a brave soul and want to jump in with both feet, I wish you the best of luck.

We now trade the VIX (volatility or panic index). My husband has created some awesome charts which allow us to make decent money on this very volatile roller coaster.

Anyway, have fun, and never risk more than you can afford to lose!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Gold or silver bars could more risky than paper. Besides the storage issue you don't know what you getting until you slice it in half

The Drilled Gold Bars Filled With Tungsten

There are pros and cons for each, paper would just be more practical

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by taws6
Hopefully this is the right section

Does anyone here trade gold and silver ETFs ? I'm not looking to open a futures account and trade on margin, just looking to buy ETFs. Buying actual bullion might be a little risky, not practical and not really liquid, just looking to expand my investment particularly into silver, even though it's a little more volatile than gold, I see more upside potential there.

BTW, for anyone considering, right now might be a very risky time to buy gold/silver, it's approaching strong resistance, I'm hoping for a little pull back, maybe will get one after tomorrows non-farm payroll reports or maybe will just break through the resistance... will see.

try a bloke by the name of Jason Hommel

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I was told by an experienced broker to buy physical, a good safe, and hide it off property.....paper will be paper as one already posted....

as far as being filled with something other than gold......buy small.....it is harder to fill and easier to check.....

also you might want to report it stolen, but do not ask for insurance money.....just say a safe you own was stolen,....then if asked later about the gold....just say that it was in the safe....
edit on 5-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
for people getting into the small units of gold and silver for personal investing. and i mean like... monthly bits of precious metals savings for those mid and low class folk;

have a decoy safe in house lol.

one slightly more obvious to find then your real one.
it has saved my ass once... not only did my real one remain unfound, but the robber didnt even spend much time searching the house once he found the decoy. nor could he carry out my computer or tv since a safe is quite heavy and time consuming.
fill it with pennies or something.

granted i had to rebuy a decoy afterwards

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Kinda shocked you are asking for metals trading advise here on ATS. You really should not be playing that con, if you are not privvy to it's rules.

Buy silver rounds, physical. Don't trade, invest.

new topics

top topics

join