It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Campaigns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My first thread besides my introduction is going to be a rant.

I am sick to death of the US Presidential campaign. I don't even watch TV and I'm sick of it. This campaign business simply lasts too long. As a matter of fact, it has lasted so long I don't remember it ever stopping. I'm fairly certain that immediately after the last election the new campaign started.

Nobody ever learns anything of substance about the candidates. They all have lame and generalized talking points. After a while, people just tune out. Voters never become more informed. The same people who want to know will find out and everyone else won't. You want to know why that is? The general public doesn't give a rip. No matter how much money you throw into a campaign there will be a segment of the population who haven't even heard of the candidates because they're too busy taking meth and playing on their x-box in their parents' basement.

These campaigns also cost too much d&@n money. It's pointless. It's ridiculous. They need to put a cap on that mess. Contain it all to a website, bumper stickers, ONE commercial about how glorious the candidate is, and no more than three freaking debates so everyone can fawn over who got the best two out of three.

In the UK IIRC they only have one month to campaign. That's fantastic. We need to adopt that here. It will never happen though, as the MSM wouldn't have enough to report on then. They would have to do real reporting again and stop commenting on their opinions of the news for entertainment- all while acting like some Democrat and Republican version of the Bloods and the CRIPS.

And- that's pretty much it. Just needed to get that off my chest. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

In the UK IIRC they only have one month to campaign. That's fantastic. We need to adopt that here.

That would never work here. It would be impossible for the candidates to travel around the country and press the flesh because even in this day and age not everyone has cable or the internet. And let's face it America is quite a bit bigger than England.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Nobody ever learns anything of substance about the candidates.

That's why there's internet and sites such as Fact Check (dot org) and the like.

TV is a tool for the masses and panders to the lowest common denominator.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It does go on forever, doesn't it
Our Cdn elections are done about a month, much like the UK.

Big country, but not so many people

The US pre-election goes for about 2 years and then there's the post election for about a year. There does seem to be about a year where the media isn't obsessed with the election.

We get a lot of US tv up here......

TV is a tool for the masses and panders to the lowest common denominator.

TV can also be a good way to gauge the mood of our neighbours to the south.

Large country with too many odd politicians....
edit on 4-10-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

OK, let's make it 90-120 days for some extra geography. I still vote for curbing this garbage.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Oh brother, how I agree with you so much. It is such a load of boll*cks and I'm fed up of it already.

There are so many bullsh*t threads on here about the poxy U.S. election and I'm wondering how I can make the stupid U.S. election forums invisible to me. Probably can't so I'll just have to carry on trying to ignore them.

To those in the U.S.A. who insist on putting rubbish, boring election threads on this site, please remember that you're not the centre of the universe and that most people really don't want to hear your sh*t.

Many thanks.

Iskander x
edit on 5/10/2012 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join