It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals/Pets Forum?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
Absolutely ATS needs a pet forum. Let's make the world a better place, one forum at a time.

I had to give my cat Slate a final good bye last year. Just shy of 20 years when he took off for new things. He was lying beside me in bed that night, as I knew that he would not make it through the night. I awoke from a pleasant dream, checked on him and felt his last breath. One of the more moving experiences I have ever had.

Slate and the litter box traveled all over the country with me. I can only smile when I think of him, and often times feel him lounging in the front seat of my car.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't agree that our pets are actual family members, that we grieve their passing as in turn they grieve ours...never had a pet.

Thanks for the share.

Jude11

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

'nuff said.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Bump for awesome!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Another bump.

A pets forum would not only generate a little more loving comradery around this place but would serve to help members that have or are going to have pets that get sick or die. Many members here could offer training, and trouble shooting advice to other members. And then there is the subject of how we can all benefit spiritually from our companion animals. ATS really should give a salute to the creatures that we benefit so much from.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I agree. I think if ATS can accommodate a "Movies", a "Jokes", a "Cars" forum, it could certainly accommodate a "Pets" forum. Especially if it's more interaction they want.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Thanx to everyone and the support so far.

Let's keep going and keep pushing for this new forum.

Peace

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ya can add another support from me. Think it's a great idea. Those animal folks are cool enough for their own forum imo.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
My cat wags his tail if I ask him!! He is soo clever!!!
I thought it was just a coincidence when he first did it as I was only messing about, but he really doe's. Been doing it for years now.

hx

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

happinness
My cat wags his tail if I ask him!! He is soo clever!!!
I thought it was just a coincidence when he first did it as I was only messing about, but he really doe's. Been doing it for years now.

hx

Not a cat person myself but if we get this forum I'll welcome all of our feline overlords.

Thanks for the support.

Peace

edit on 7-10-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Thank you Jude11,

My cat is the second, most popular and talked about subject in my head, other than my human family and in third place come's the aliens ... but less said about them the better on this occasion.

I love his purrs and I have tried so many times to record them. The thing is by the time I have composed myself he has stopped! He is so funny. I would love to be able to talk about my cat, without someone tutting and rolling their eyes upwards lol

hx

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I like the idea a lot. Especially if people could agree to be respectful to reptile pet owners. In the past I've encountered pet boards where dog/cat owners troll the reptile forum/threads pretty hard. A guy comes and posts a pic of a little lizard his dog caught that looks like someone in the threads pet, then some guy finds a pic of a crocodile eating a dog similar to the dog in the first pic, heck breaks loose, old ladies with balding poodles come in and tell everybody their pets are gross, etc.

Can we ask that people be respectful to exotics as well in this forum? They may be a joke to some people, but not the people who love them.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Orion75

Well, that's just mean. Although I don't have any right now, I love lizards and snakes. Good friends of ours have several, and I love visiting them.
But I have a cat and only one dog now. Believe it or not, some of us really can love all animals, and would happily defend you against idiots like you describe.

Pet Forum Please!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Bumpety Bump.

I'll bet that a pet forum would get a whole lot more member visits than the survival forum.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

At the moment I only have one companion animal. Clementine.....a 17 year old Costa Rican Zebra Striped Spider. She lives in a palatial terrarium, two feet from my bed. We sleep nose to nose. She is feasting on crickets as I type. A beautiful creature.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Well...........
That is one pet that I could never own. A spider. I envy you not having arachnophobia. I have it in spades.
I don't mind looking at pictures though, of big ones, that I know are NOT in my area.

Well, I just looked those up. Actually cool looking, you know, for a big spider.

edit on 10-10-2013 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I love it! Great idea OP.

Main Pet forum with sub-catagories of :

1. Funny stories and videos

2. Love and Loss

3. Health Issues / Help

4. Current events and happenings in the animal world
edit on 10-10-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

When she was younger we would let her crawl on us. She looks and feels as if she is covered in velvet. I have some awesome photos of her and her molted exoskeleton. I need to learn to upload pics on ATS (and everywhere else for the matter), and then I could share all of her primitive glory.

The only creature in the world that turns me cold is a cockroach.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

UnifiedSerenity
I love it! Great idea OP.

Main Pet forum with sub-catagories of :

1. Funny stories and videos

2. Love and Loss

3. Health Issues / Help

4. Current events and happenings in the animal world
edit on 10-10-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

Good start for the subs....

Thanx for the support.

C'mon Mods....We're still asking for this.

Peace

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind a pets forum. I'd love a place where people could be educated about different animals, especially some of the more "violent" pets. I'd love to be able to get the real story out about some of these pets that are out there.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
While we are waiting to see if a pet specific sub-forum can be arranged, does anyone want to discuss my current conspiracy theory that a lot of vet's are taking advantage of animal owners who they can see will pay anything they have or can get to maybe make their pet get better? When we take our pets to any veterinary service, our lack of knowledge makes us helpless to challenge any of the diagnoses we are given, and we have to rely on a stranger's honesty when they tell us that all fees are entirely necessary.

tl;dr - Help reassure me that my friend's pet King Charles Cavalier is in good hands, and not those of someone who got into animal care because it is a good long-term earner.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join