It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals/Pets Forum?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
reply to post by jude11

It's my pleasure! I'm working on a serious animal thread too. I should have it posted in the next couple days.

Gotta keep this going and many thanks for joining in the cause.

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's my pleasure! I was pretty easily won over after my first post.

I'm still working on that thread idea. I got caught up spending most of my free time this weekend updating our website.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

I haven't read this whole thread but just wanted to say that I would be all for the addition of a pets/animal area if whoever makes those decisions thought it possible. Actually, it would probably be a favorite area and I personally think it's a great idea.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
No prizes for guessing what members of the animal kingdom I share my life with!

Five years ago last summer I'm minding my own business, hanging out washing in the garden. Been hearing odd noises and thought it was kids outside the garden fence, messing about. Out of the corner of my eye I saw what I thought was a pigeon that had sat in red paint. It was an African grey parrot - and I swear he was smiling at me! I instinctively held out my hand and he flew down onto my shoulder. Had him for four days before I traced his owners - by then I was smitten!

Having dashed down to the local pet store and got a cage (which turned out to be the same as the one he had at home) but failing to get him into it the first night, he went in the next day after some food, and I quickly shut the cage door so we could safety leave him to go and do some shopping. On our return he was in the same spot I had left him in, still with the cage door closed. My partner and I sat chatting and he made a noise to get out attention. We looked at him as he reached forward........pushed the door open.......and sat back as it to say 'see could have got out any time I wanted'. The bird did it with such effect that I am sure beyond doubt he was letting us know just who was the boss.

I now have two African grey parrots of my own, who are equally as smart, use language appropriately, and have us wrapped around their little claws. WARNING - they are not for the feint hearted, it's like having two toddlers around the place, not in cages accept at night, toddlers with powerfully wire cutters who know how to use them.

When I say 'use language appropriately' I'm not kidding! Especially with less appropriate language!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've mentioned it before also, I think a pet forum would be a most welcome addition to ATS.
Pets are so often a big big part of our lives.
Just this morning I had to get my barn cat put to sleep. She has been here since day1, for about 20 years. She was a huge part of my life and this farm and she will be so missed. Oh, the stories I could tell! She was a tough old broad.
RIP Ms. Kitty

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
I've mentioned it before also, I think a pet forum would be a most welcome addition to ATS.
Pets are so often a big big part of our lives.
Just this morning I had to get my barn cat put to sleep. She has been here since day1, for about 20 years. She was a huge part of my life and this farm and she will be so missed. Oh, the stories I could tell! She was a tough old broad.
RIP Ms. Kitty

Many of us have these stories of love and loss with our pets and a forum for stories should be on ATS. Not to mention everything from shark attacks, Ivory hunters, poaching, rescues, fishing, heroes...anything.

It seems we're not getting anywhere with the request tho...but I don't give up!

Thanks for the post and support as well.

Peace

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It would be a good way to have a little levity in this forum. I'm sure many of us have hilarious animal stories and pics to share and touching ones too.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Does my comment count as a petition sign? Because I'm all for it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
Does my comment count as a petition sign? Because I'm all for it.

I believe with as many comments as possible, it might count...eventually.

Thanks for the support!

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I like this idea, because i have so many pets, it would be kind of interesting to make some posts about them

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
well, it's not a "forum", but we started a pic thread for them

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think a pet forum would be great, too (as my cat paws my leg to get up on the table where I sit typing this!
). I love my pets and I love reading about others' too. *Cat walks in front of computer screen*

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
I think a pet forum would be great, too (as my cat paws my leg to get up on the table where I sit typing this!
). I love my pets and I love reading about others' too. *Cat walks in front of computer screen*

Thanks,

Well, if we keep pushing for it with this thread, maybe they'll hear us...Maybe?

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yes, I would support it.

My dog, Joe, agrees.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
There needs to be a pet forum. All kinds of categories, like maybe a rainbow bridge place, but have the boxes of kleenex nearby for that'un.
I was pondering just today, about making a grief thread (again). Almost 6 months ago, my big grey furry feline son died of CRF (failed kidney) at only 9 years old, and this past 3 daze, I've been bawling for him.
I was thinking of asking, how long does this kind of grief go on, and I think I have fallen into a bad depression from it. I watched him die right by my bed. He laid next to me all night, and started mewing off and on at me about 3 or 4 am, like, 'It's time". Does time heal this kind of hurt? I miss him so much it makes me ill.

Grief is different for everyone. I had a cat that if I could pick only one person I knew in this life to see again in the next life, it would be him.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
Yes, I would support it.

My dog, Joe, agrees.

Joe seems to be very intelligent...

Peace

Thanks

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'd love a pet forum... considering the amount of forums here I was very surprised there isn't one! Also, I was looking to see if there's pet thread (like a "show off your pets" kind of thing), does anyone know of one? Don't want to start one to have it closed, couldn't see any searching, but I did find this thread, so not a complete failure anyway.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I think a pet forum is a horrible idea.

My cat already opens applications, checks e-mail, writes letters and reboots my PC whenever it suits her. If we had a pet forum, I'd never get her off the computer !

Haha! What a clever cat you have.

OP, I agree. Tons of people touch on how cats are practically inter dimensional beings, lets give them the respect they deserve!

For Tony Stark, Ironcat!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wow, what a great Idea. It seems like it would be the next logical step given the amount of forums already on the site. I have an Australian frilled dragon named Kinji that's an absolute trip.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
sure that would be a nice addition to the forums.i say bring it on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join