It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals/Pets Forum?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just noticed another animal thread and there are tons of them on ATS.

Why not a type of animal Forum? Could be used as anything from Rover's new home to those nasty little cat vids
. I can see it used as the posting place for the animal cruelty threads as well.

Many members have pets and they are as close to us as family members...closer sometimes.

Fido and Mr. Whiskers just don't belong in crypto or chit chat threads IMO.

Just a thought.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Great Idea...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
That would be fun... and Im sure we can fit in some conspiracies concerning our pets, pet industry, aliens and pets.. pet aliens... .
I do believe one of my animals pranked me recently. No Im not a wacko.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
LOL...that was funny....and no doubt our pets have a HUGE influence on our lives......

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think a pet forum is a horrible idea.

My cat already opens applications, checks e-mail, writes letters and reboots my PC whenever it suits her. If we had a pet forum, I'd never get her off the computer !

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Get out of there cat...you're not a PC User!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There needs to be a pet forum. All kinds of categories, like maybe a rainbow bridge place, but have the boxes of kleenex nearby for that'un.
I was pondering just today, about making a grief thread (again). Almost 6 months ago, my big grey furry feline son died of CRF (failed kidney) at only 9 years old, and this past 3 daze, I've been bawling for him.
I was thinking of asking, how long does this kind of grief go on, and I think I have fallen into a bad depression from it. I watched him die right by my bed. He laid next to me all night, and started mewing off and on at me about 3 or 4 am, like, 'It's time". Does time heal this kind of hurt? I miss him so much it makes me ill.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Good idea for a pet forum. Pets enrich our lives, more so than any god damn politician.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
That would be fun... and Im sure we can fit in some conspiracies concerning our pets, pet industry, aliens and pets.. pet aliens... .
I do believe one of my animals pranked me recently. No Im not a wacko.

I think any and all pet or animal related stories/vids etc could go in this forum. I know many will use it to post their personal stories with their animals as well.

Even the recent duck thread could have gone there.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
There needs to be a pet forum. All kinds of categories, like maybe a rainbow bridge place, but have the boxes of kleenex nearby for that'un.
I was pondering just today, about making a grief thread (again). Almost 6 months ago, my big grey furry feline son died of CRF (failed kidney) at only 9 years old, and this past 3 daze, I've been bawling for him.
I was thinking of asking, how long does this kind of grief go on, and I think I have fallen into a bad depression from it. I watched him die right by my bed. He laid next to me all night, and started mewing off and on at me about 3 or 4 am, like, 'It's time". Does time heal this kind of hurt? I miss him so much it makes me ill.

And your story would make a great addition to a pet forum. I think many would write these types of threads if they had the place to do so.

Peace

PS...Sorry about your friend.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I would like a conversation to keep going about animal life after death. After my babe died, I had wished I saved something from him. I was sitting and wishing I had one of his long thick whiskers with a stark grey on the end. So I went to my computer, and there was a big obvious one right by it, as if someone placed it right there. The next 3 times I grieved, one of those appeared, like right at my foot while sitting.
For some reason, I keep saying to myself, "I can't believe, it must be a crazy coincidence." why is that? I've had ghost and ufo experiences.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

My cat already opens applications, checks e-mail, writes letters and reboots my PC whenever it suits her. If we had a pet forum, I'd never get her off the computer !

Buy a Mac...That could confuse her...

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thank you so much. God bless.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

I've tried Snow Leopard (on the PC hardware) various versions of Linux, PC-BSD, even React OS and Google OS - nothing phases her.

Ya know.. conspiracy wise there are many issues that do deal with animals like Cats. For instance, their foods are as bad for them as our GMO, additive, preservative laden foods. For example there are issues of dry VS moist foods causing teeth to fall out and other health problems. (dry foods keep cats teeth healthier longer because the cats are always cleaning the teeth as they chew) and many popular cat forums ignore this and promote moist foods - mostly processed foods not foods like the foods they find in nature. Those companies are just as dishonest and greedy as is Monsanto.

I can see ATS members discussing these issues, perhaps more intelligently than they do on most pet forums.

So, Yes, I do think there could be a pet/animal forum that would have merit and it wouldn't have to be just a place to post gazillions of pictures.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

I've tried Snow Leopard (on the PC hardware) various versions of Linux, PC-BSD, even React OS and Google OS - nothing phases her.

Ya know.. conspiracy wise there are many issues that do deal with animals like Cats. For instance, their foods are as bad for them as our GMO, additive, preservative laden foods. For example there are issues of dry VS moist foods causing teeth to fall out and other health problems. (dry foods keep cats teeth healthier longer because the cats are always cleaning the teeth as they chew) and many popular cat forums ignore this and promote moist foods - mostly processed foods not foods like the foods they find in nature. Those companies are just as dishonest and greedy as is Monsanto.

I can see ATS members discussing these issues, perhaps more intelligently than they do on most pet forums.

So, Yes, I do think there could be a pet/animal forum that would have merit and it wouldn't have to be just a place to post gazillions of pictures.

Absolutely.

SPCA, cruelty, rescues etc. Our lives are surrounded by these issues and so much of it gets lost here on ATS in a number of different forums that one place would be a definite plus IMO.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Now this is one idea I could defientely get behind. So many of us have animals and there are a hell of a lot of threads on pets, which mostly come under general chit chat. I would be more likely to make a pet forum a favourite too to see what weird and wonderful animals we ATSers have.

Petition anyone?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

aww...I'm sorry....I know how painful it is to watch a pet die.....and I don't think you ever truely "get over" it.....your baby was with you, safe in your bed....I hope that much gives you comfort..♥

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more with the OP!

edit on 6-10-2012 by Regenstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

The mouse drew her in , the rest is history

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
S&F!!!

I think a pet forum would be GREAT!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join