It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hangover Rant (Profanity and such!Includes Spyware rant!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ok i had a heavy session last night and im in a really irratable mood i just want to run around and scream!!!

Anyway i keep getting feking popups from some coolwebsearch.cc and it keeps trying to make me download some friggin dialup software!

I HATE spyware!! i have downloaded ad-aware and Spybot and use them daily but i still get the #ing popups and when i search for things in google it sometimes changes the address to something else and i end up there!

If i ever meet someone who designs any sort of spyware or advertisment #e that ends up on the net, i will seriously castrate them with a peice of glass then throw salt at the flesh, KICK him where i just cut his pride off, drag him into the street throw him in some trash bin, tie him so he cant get away then leave the feker to rot!

I dont deserve to be bombarded with all this crap, i dont download anything with spyware in it i keep an eye on what i download and make sure it doesnt contain any spy-#e!

:bnghd:

Im not a violent person but this i would do with pleasure!

Ahhh i feel much better after that.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You have been hijacked. Download HijackThis and remove whatever hijacked you.

If you have a problem with it U2U me and I'll tell you what to pull.

www.majorgeeks.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
www.majorgeeks.com...

Download & run CWShredder to get rid of that.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thanks guys.

Downloaded both of them and ran them.

Apparently that coolwebsearch is actually classes as a trojan by many av companies.

Hijackthis finds alot of stuff and it also shows up with many system files which are not spyware/hijack etc so i had to watch out for clicking them.

But all is clear now and am waiting for anything to come up again.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Thanks guys.

Downloaded both of them and ran them.

Apparently that coolwebsearch is actually classes as a trojan by many av companies.

Hijackthis finds alot of stuff and it also shows up with many system files which are not spyware/hijack etc so i had to watch out for clicking them.

But all is clear now and am waiting for anything to come up again.

You can pretty much tell what doesn't belong in the Hijack log if you are familiar with your system. If you aren't then you can always send your log to someone at the Hijack This board and they will tell you what to pull.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I just use Spysweeper, it gets the job done really well. I can't stand that popup crap either.

new topics

top topics

join