It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

witches wanted for curse help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reading a post HERE on curses are there any witches here on ATS that could give some input into this.

are curses real?

if so can they be lifted?

look forward to your responses ats

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Play with fire..

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

Since you are asking this question, I think it's safe to assume that you know very little about "witches" and witchcraft (otherwise, you wouldn't be asking of course). I don't know if the answer I have for you is the one you are looking for, but it is one any slightly experienced witch would most likely give.

Dedicated witches that follow a pagan path always have free will to choose their own practices and beliefs, although most believe in a common set of principles- one of them being the Law of Return. It is the principle that what you send out comes back to you (some believe threefold, some tenfold, some with no preference). Do curses exist? Under the definition that it is magic which inflicts physical or emotional harm, yes. But a dedicated witch knows the if he/she followed through with a curse, he/she must be well prepared to handle an inevitable, equivalent consequence. In other words, one has to curse themselves in order to curse someone else. One could really hurt themselves because of the tremendous amount of energy a curse channels.

You will have little luck finding a "real" (for lack of a better word) witch willing to perform a curse to "benefit" themselves, let alone you. However, you could do a google search and find probably thousands of "witches" to do curses for you for a pretty penny. They are laughable gimmicks to me, but to each their own. Good luck!

Can a curse be lifted? There are a wide variety of spells out there designed to tackle a curse, both for a curse placed on oneself and for curses one placed on someone else. It is advised only experience witches do any spells for one must have a good understanding of witchcraft for positive results. A witch can always, as many prefer, write their own spells to break curses or for anything else. Hope this helped!
edit on 4-10-2012 by abstractrealityy because: Forgot to address additional question

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Anything is possible. I believe they could be real. I am not sure what can be done with them though. Someone may be able to help here, so we will see. We have ATS members of all walks of life. I do have an idea about the curse on America though...

I think we should all on the next full moon at midnight say Obama's name backward 5 times and chant for 15 minutes after, while sitting before lit candles in our basements. I think it may just lift the curse upon this country. Call it a hunch.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstractrealityy
reply to post by truthseeker10

Since you are asking this question, I think it's safe to assume that you know very little about "witches" and witchcraft (otherwise, you wouldn't be asking of course). I don't know if the answer I have for you is the one you are looking for, but it is one any slightly experienced witch would most likely give.

Dedicated witches that follow a pagan path always have free will to choose their own practices and beliefs, although most believe in a common set of principles- one of them being the Law of Return. It is the principle that what you send out comes back to you (some believe threefold, some tenfold, some with no preference). Do curses exist? Under the definition that it is magic which inflicts physical or emotional harm, yes. But a dedicated witch knows the if he/she followed through with a curse, he/she must be well prepared to handle an inevitable, equivalent consequence. In other words, one has to curse themselves in order to curse someone else. One could really hurt themselves because of the tremendous amount of energy a curse channels.

You will have little luck finding a "real" (for lack of a better word) witch willing to perform a curse to "benefit" themselves, let alone you. However, you could do a google search and find probably thousands of "witches" to do curses for you for a pretty penny. They are laughable gimmicks to me, but to each their own. Good luck!

Can a curse be lifted? There are a wide variety of spells out there designed to tackle a curse, both for a curse placed on oneself and for curses one placed on someone else. It is advised only experience witches do any spells for one must have a good understanding of witchcraft for positive results. A witch can always, as many prefer, write their own spells to break curses or for anything else. Hope this helped!
edit on 4-10-2012 by abstractrealityy because: Forgot to address additional question

i know absolutely nothing about witches i just assumed they would know, the guy in the other thread believes he and his family have been cursed and as a child my mother and i were cursed on our doorstep by an old irish gypsy just wanted to see if anyone could shed light on the curse subject.

i wouldn't want to curse anyone as the old syaing goes " what goes around comes around "

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10
reading a post HERE on curses are there any witches here on ATS that could give some input into this.

are curses real?

Yes, curses are very real and can be very dangerous for both the cursor and the cursed. The most dangerous kind though are the ones done by the initiate or the inexperienced as the focus is not as directed and usually emotionally charged. Knowing little is worse than knowing nothing at all. The seasoned crone or warlock has the focus and the intent, but knows better than to charge it with their own emotions. Although if a seasoned crone or warlock were to cast a curse they have strayed from the path of light long ago in their studies and understandings. Those crones or warlocks that follow the light do not revert to curses carelessly.

Yes, a curse can be lifted, but only by the cursor. When someone who is cursed wishes to be uncursed and goes to another who is not the cursor the process is not of lifting but diverting. Magic is the manipulation of the natural energies around us. By manipulation I mean directed like a symphony. It is shifted to a point in order to benefit, but that which it is taken from is left at a loss. A seasoned Witch or Warlock will take from many sources of nature and focus it to a point of benefit without causing large ripples through the balance of natures energies.

Think of it this way, if you have a bucket of water and you drop a pebble into its center, the waves go out, hit the edge of the bucket and return to center then out again and back until the surface is once again at balance and calm. a curse is designed to extract the positive energy during the return to center so the center continues to loose its energy. This is usually done several times by the dark magician at specific times to keep it going. Eventually if they do not continue the process the cursed will balance out and become neutral. This is where the mind of the cursed comes in.

If one believes themselves to be cursed they will unknowingly push the waves away maintaining the curse themselves thus never returning to balance. The same is true with objects. If one believes an object to be cursed it can continue the pattern of repelled waves, however a strong emotional charge can last a long time if the energy is not diverted.

A Witch or Warlock will always have balance in mind regardless of their purpose. The good ones (ie experienced in the craft) will never take from a single source except when using the dark arts to harm and usually to the benefit of themselves. The difference is creating waves of energy the size of ripples coming from multiple sources or very large wave from a single.

This is a very basic overview but I hope it helps you to understand the process and how it works.

Agarta

Edit to add: I thought I would add a basic understanding of the difference in how a Witch and a Warlock operate. The difference is simple a Male can generate energy within themselves and can cast it out with focus to a point and manipulate the energies of other things or people, but they can not draw in the energies into themselves save for universal energies which are different than natural energies and can not be used to harm. Females can not generate energy within themselves but can draw it in and send it out with focus as well as manipulate the energies of others and things. This is why a few times a year the Male or Warlock and the Female or Witch come together for ceremony. The Male generates large amounts of energy and sends it to the Female who in turn uses it for a purpose. In the event of a Female wishing "cleaner" or not Earth based energy they do what is call "Drawing Down the Moon" which is basically what it says. It is drawing in the energies provided by the moon for manipulation by the Female.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
As a long time Wiccan/Pagan man, having stued everything on the path, I think curses only work if both the curser, and the cursee believe it will. I have had a wanabee witch curse me, nothing happened. There are other, better ways to get even.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hello!
This is a very cool topic. I've been wondering a lot about this myself.

Wicca/modern witchcraft: From what I understand, some "curses" or sympathetic magic spells of a dark nature, often do demand a sacrifice of some kind. BUT...

I read on multiple sites that for these spells (lightweight curses), and for fertility spells, some "witches"/"wiccas"/"practicioners"/etc. use things like menstrual blood (instead of killing something to obtain blood) and/or plant material/candles from animal fat etc. as a sacrifice.

I guess the sacrifice is for getting the spirits' attention, i.e. letting the powers know that you are serious now and that the expression of your will is to be carried out literally (or as closely as possible within the bounds of fairness) and you are done being schooled and ready to teach someone else what for. LoL!

IMO there are many types of curses and people should be careful to understand why type they are invoking or crafting:

Ancestral -- these curses could be tied to bloodlines, names, places, or objects. They could also be tied to events, i.e. government changes or theatrical productions. These can be seemingly random events, or very serious events with an objective; i.e. a spirit who won't rest because it died unpleasantly or in prison, or an object that seeks to be returned to the land of its nativity, etc. A good example of an ancestral curse could be the struggle between the Scottish clans Mac Beth and Mac Duff, who warred for the crown in the 900s-1000s iirc.

Circumstantial -- because a human event or natural disaster (like a war) has produced negative energy and it seeks a balance. I.E. oil companies ruining the environment, followed by earthquakes and volcanoes sympathetic to human and animal suffering. In most cases the people targeted by a circumstantial or unconscious curse deserved it. Wars and other evil events can start the chain of circumstantial curses. I think the universe builds those in to get our attention when we unbalance our environs.

Willful/Malicious -- making an educated stab at someone with the use of a manual, guide, book of shadows, i.e. some form of written or spoken ritual advice. The person may or may not deserve the bad energy. This is the most obviously understood form of cursing and is of questionable effectiveness. After all, why would the spirits bother with petty human misunderstandings? They would rather you tried to win love than revenge.

Vengeful -- not a good idea, but different from Malicious because vengeful curses are always laid with the assumption that there is already a victim and a perpetrator of misery involved. I.e. cursing Bill Gates for force-vaccinating Uganda, i.e. cursing the U.S Military because of a miscarriage related to military sacrifice.

Joke/Prank -- i.e. the Bloody Marys of our childhood horrors. Bloody Mary is actually a very unhappy spirit, but trying to call her into your bathroom mirror won't do you any good or her either. It will just make you both upset if you try it and it works.

Superstitious -- i.e. walking under a ladder and then walking in front of a bus. Completely silly.

Hope that helps a little. I don't know much about magic.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

as a child my mother and i were cursed on our doorstep by an old irish gypsy

Do tell. What was the curse and did it come to pass? Why were you cursed?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A real witch or wiccan as they are called, do not believe in harming others, so I doubt they would teach you how to curse someone.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
As a long time Wiccan/Pagan man, having stued everything on the path, I think curses only work if both the curser, and the cursee believe it will. I have had a wanabee witch curse me, nothing happened. There are other, better ways to get even.

Are you sure? I mean if you are manipulating synchronicity (both intentionally and nonintentionally) then I do not belive it makes any difference if the person caught up in your manipulation is a beliver of synchronicity or not. I myself only use it for getting answers to things I wanna figure out and there is a lot of limits it seems

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I could use a love spell/enchantment. I raised my daughter on my own and was single the whole time (15yrs.)! Now she's grown up and moved out and even tho I've been told I'm attractive (I'm sporting the long blonde hair rocker look) I feel I've lost my mojo...just been out of the game for so long. I don't go out ever so that doesn't help either.

Bah! Nevermind. I'm hopeless!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Cut your hair and lose the Slayer shirts.

I assume you are at an age where women don't dig that stuff anymore.

Just a friendly suggestion.

edit on 5-10-2012 by StraightBananas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by StraightBananas

lol I get more looks with the long hair but you may be right about the Slayer shirts.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

are curses real?

Curses are real. If a curse is made for self gain, it is wrong. No, I won't site any links. So just remember, what goes around, comes around. At the same time you are "cursing" someone else, you are also cursing yourself. Unless of course, the person you are cursing is absolutely evil. Many people don't want to touch this subject so you won't get a huge response. Of course they can be lifted. A curse is curse of course of course, unless the curse is from a talking horse........ There are counter curses. You might need to know what the initial curse was. Don't you remember the story of Sleeping Beauty?
edit on 5-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

are curses real?

Perhaps you should have a word with the cunningfolk?

From what I understand where you have the ceremonial high magics that people associate with the word witch, you also have those like the cunningfolk (different name in different cultures) who dip into the high magics but mostly stick with the low or folk magics, which is shall we say more for useful/helpful/healing purposes, some slap terms like white witch on them.

From my experiences the cunningfolk still exist but you have to sort the charlatans out from the real ones, it is easy to spot a real one as the moment you do you'll understand why communities down the centuries have protected them from harm, even during the worst ravages of the medieval witch hunts.

Good luck in finding that which you seek

edit on 5/10/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Alot of people already answered you question with perfection. Anyway, curses are very real. In many cases, curses are causes by the presence of demonic spirits, whose who are trapped in objects, houses or any material object. They can be trapped by using certain rituals. Whomever, they are way strong to hold sometimes.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

as a child my mother and i were cursed on our doorstep by an old irish gypsy

Do tell. What was the curse and did it come to pass? Why were you cursed?

i cant really remember much just that this old gypsy went from door to door selling heather or some sort of homemade crafts and my mum told her no! the old gypsy refused to go until she bought something which freaked my mum out a bit.
mum kept telling her to go away eventually the old gypsy threw some sort of liquid on our doorstep and maybe heather im not sure started going ape# talking gibberish and told my mum that her and her family were cursed.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by StraightBananas
reply to post by Evildead

Cut your hair and lose the Slayer shirts.

I assume you are at an age where women don't dig that stuff anymore.

Just a friendly suggestion.

edit on 5-10-2012 by StraightBananas because: (no reason given)

So who are you.... Some kind of fashionista?

It's been my experience that confident, strong, intelligent women don't put a lot of importance on male fashion ala
Hyped up GQ BS.

As a long haired, scruffy, aging hippie that wears whatever is clean and comfortable; I find that a smile, and a confident attitude is what attracts women regardless of social status, money, education etc.
Women want someone to make them laugh and feel at ease with.

I certainly don't judge women by their clothes, car, job or other trivial BS.

Here's my friendly suggestion.... oops... against the T&C, but you can probably figure it out! And keeping with the topic straightbananahs, it was a curse.
edit on 5-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

As a long haired, scruffy, aging hippie that wears whatever is clean and comfortable; I find that a smile, and a confident attitude is what attracts women regardless of social status, money, education.
Women want someone to make them laugh and feel at ease with.

So, are you dating anybody at this moment?
Never mind
just cut your hair, shave and wear age appropriate clothes, no fashion involved. If you're older than 35 that is. Women around that age do appreciate it. Unless you're looking for a 21 year old?

Back on topic, is it possible to curse someone or should i say inflict suffering but unintentionally? Let's say someone is really a mean person and you find yourself wishing something really bad happens to them (without spells and such, just regular thoughts) and all of a sudden something awful happens to them, like losing an eye for example...
Are those bad thoughts coming back to the 'sender' even if they didn't really want that to happen?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join