It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Pay Taxes, You Support This [Time America Questioned It's Funding of Israel]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Recently came across this video, I know people don't knowingly support this, but when we pay tax, a portion of that goes to Israel. In fact, billions of dollars are sent every year so Israel can continue to throw Palestinians off their land and buy more weapons and airplanes to launch military strikes.

Is it not time America asked why we support this, or is it too late?-

What happened to the mother and the children left alone? We'll never know.

People will label this 'anti semitic', but it's time we got got over that defense mechanism and question what is right and what is wrong. Why does the United States of America support a nation that is doing this to the Palestinians? We know it is wrong yet accept it. Why?

edit on 4-10-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is just wrong... Thank you for bringing this up.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If you pay taxes your funding 149 other countries singling out one just shows bigotry.

Plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
If you pay taxes your funding 149 other countries singling out one just shows bigotry.

Plain and simple.

OK fair enough comment.

Can you provide similar examples of US funded nations doing what Israel does?

Of course, Egypt was another example under Mubarak. But the same argument applies, why do we fund suffering?

Is it the natural course of things, is that what is supposed to happen and it is to be accepted?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

End it all.

End all foreign aid, can't answer why we do, don't even think those congressman do.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Plain and simple.

No it's not bigotry Israel gets three times more in aid than any other country. Actually Israel receives almost 15 billion a year in aid from America. Why? It is the 32nd wealthiest nation in the world. There is no sound reason to give aid to Israel. It's nothing but corporate welfare for the war machine in America who they buy weapons from.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
For those of us that can't watch videos at work, what is on it?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You called me a bigot.

I'm asking you to provide video evidence as a I did in the OP that foreign aid is being used to cause suffering in other nations as it does with Israel.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Plain and simple.

No it's not bigotry Israel gets three times more in aid than any other country. Actually Israel receives almost 15 billion a year in aid from America. Why? It is the 32nd wealthiest nation in the world. There is no sound reason to give aid to Israel. It's nothing but corporate welfare for the war machine in America who they buy weapons from.

Thanks, I forgot to point that out! Israel receives more aid than any other nation, 1/3 of all entire aid from the US I believe.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I knew I forgot something the last 6 years....

You can't accuse me of supporting the system.....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

No I said "singling out a country shows bigotry".

Put gas in your car?

Where does that oil come from?

Middle East maybe Saudi Arabia, or Iranian oil sold on the black market, or to Russia,and China, then turns around and uses that money to fund Hamas and Hezbollah that rains rockets down on the Israeli's heads for decades.

Why are those people causing "suffering" ?

Your funding that right?
edit on 4-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

No I said "singling out a country shows bigotry".

Put gas in your car?

Where does that oil come from?

Middle East maybe Saudi Arabia, or Iranian oil sold on the black market, or to Russia,and China, then turns around and uses that money to fund Hamas and Hezbollah that rains rockets down on the Israeli's heads for decades.

Why are those people causing "suffering" ?

Your funding that right?

I singled out Israel because the video I posted shows what Israel is doing.

Why do they receive 1/3 of American foreign aid, they don't need it, they have better living standards than any country in the middle east or Africa, yet get the most aid?

Why?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Never paid attention to Africa, Darfur, and the decades of genocide going on there?

There is a lot going on in the world.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Never paid attention to Africa, Darfur, and the decades of genocide going on there?

There is a lot going on in the world.

You've avoided my question completely?

Show me evidence that American foreign aid is used to cause suffering by other nations who receive aid?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

China,Pakistan,Saudi Arabia,Yemen,Somalia,Libya,Iraq,Afghanistan,Mexico,Kenya,Syria

Lot of suffering going on there,.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

China,Pakistan,Saudi Arabia,Yemen,Somalia,Libya,Iraq,Afghanistan,Mexico,Kenya,Syria

Lot of suffering going on there,.

First of all, did you see the video in the OP?

So can you explain how the context of the OP links to aid sent to China?

What the video shows in the OP is wrong. Fundamentally wrong and you've somehow worked a way into justifying it under the name of me being a bigot and pikcing on Israel.

If you want to start a thread about how evil sending foreign aid to China is, then be my guest.

Nothing you say justifies what Israel does and the fact that American tax dollars pay for it.

Plus-

You've still avoided the point that Israel receives more American aid than any other country even though every single country in Africa needs it more. Why?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

No it's not bigotry Israel gets three times more in aid than any other country. Actually Israel receives almost 15 billion a year in aid from America.

Source? My stats show that Israel gets under $3 Bil per year and that is about a third as much as Afghanistan recieves, as well as being roughly the same as Pakistan, Egypt, and Iraq. Most of the "aid" we send to Israel is in the form of military aid and is because Israel is a strategic partner and ally in the Middle East (You know, the region where many inhabitants want to kill America and send people off to the US to fly planes into buildings?) We're essentially paying for the guarantees to have reliable and ready air bases at our disposal should they be needed to eliminate the next despotic madman that springs up from the midst of a throng of ulalating zealots.
edit on 4-10-2012 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

No it's not bigotry Israel gets three times more in aid than any other country. Actually Israel receives almost 15 billion a year in aid from America.

Source? My stats show that Israel gets under $3 Bil per year and that is about a third as much as Afghanistan recieves, as well as being roughly the same as Pakistan, Egypt, and Iraq. Most of the "aid" we send to Israel is in the form of military aid and is because Israel is a strategic partner and ally in the Middle East (You know, the region where many inhabitants want to kill America and send people off to the US to fly planes into buildings?) We're essentially paying for the guarantees to have reliable and ready air bases at our disposal should they be needed to eliminate the next despotic madman that springs up from the midst of a throng of ulalating zealots.
edit on 4-10-2012 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

And for the Palestinians, the stuff that is seen in the OP is just an unfortunate by product of serving American interests and supporting an ally?

What our 'ally' does is wrong or do you think what Israel does it right? Afterall, that is the point raised in the OP which has been derailed IMO.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Just a quick question? Why not say, "If you pay taxes, you support the US and what it does?" That's just as false as the argument in the OP's headline. I've always thought that argument was weak.

Are we prohibited from giving foreign aid to any country that isn't perfect? Besides, I'd rather update Israel's weapons than spend it studying the effects of alcohol on unprotected sex among Thai prostitutes. I believe that one set us back $1-2 million, not much, but there are dozens of those.

Do you think the State Department doesn't know what countries are doing? (Come to think of it, maybe they don't.) But somebody makes the call. Replace the President, if you're unhappy, it's his State Department.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Are we prohibited from giving foreign aid to any country that isn't perfect?
You got any Kids Charles?
You own any land?

Can you imagine this your land taken, your wife, your kids in this situation?
And when you fight back, and you would, you are called a Terrorist.

And your reply... "country isnt perfect"
How do you look yourself in the Mirror....................

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join