Video Of Father Mocking Girl With Cerebral Palsy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
For all of you asshats that think the father is telling the truth or that he was doing ANYTHING but mocking her, get a load of his shifting stories: at one point he says it was a "real limp":

But William Bailey adamantly denies the accusations, saying he was injured on the job and was suffering from bruised ribs and a twisted back when the video was shot. “I would never do that,” he told the News. “I wasn’t out to make this kid look bad.”

But then at another he confesses to his true intentions:

Bailey said he wasn’t mocking Holcomb. “I love that little girl,” he said. “I never even meant that or anything at all toward little Hope. I don’t make fun of anybody with a disability. “I wasn’t making fun of anyone. They just kept calling my little boy (names) and I reacted badly. You have to defend your son, your children ...”

Dude is a douche, end of story. If his kid was called a "retard" as he says for having seizures and ADD, that gives him no right to return the behavior. In fact, he's only further ruining his son by setting him up not only with physical disabilities, but also now behavioral and moral ones as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by Domo1

I do not think we should be threatening violence on people like this though, as it just shows our own immaturity. Rather, I think we should feel sorry for this "man" and hope that one day he finally understands that his actions are not funny at all.

The exact reason this stuff happens is there is no repercussions for peoples hurtful acts. If people were allowed to put a foot up punks asses and would do it to the people who acted this way in public we would stop seeing this type of behavior guaranteed. But unfortunately the law protects you no matter how big of a asshole you are.

This quote says it best:

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard

edit on 5-10-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Why does the government have to be involved in this? Can't adults talk to each other about their children and work things out anymore?
I agree it's cruel but there's no reason to go crying to the media or the authorities.
All of us have to endure some teasing and mockery at times, that's life.
I don;t think you're doing a disabled child any favors by being overprotective.
They have to learn how to deal with things like this just like everyone else.

Any adult mocking a 10 year old is despicable.
When I was a kid that would've been settled with a solid right hook.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Why does the government have to be involved in this? Can't adults talk to each other about their children and work things out anymore?
I agree it's cruel but there's no reason to go crying to the media or the authorities.
All of us have to endure some teasing and mockery at times, that's life.
I don;t think you're doing a disabled child any favors by being overprotective.
They have to learn how to deal with things like this just like everyone else.

Any adult mocking a 10 year old is despicable.
When I was a kid that would've been settled with a solid right hook.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

I'm with ya! It would be great if things could be settled like they used to be

It's not that people have really changed THAT much. There were A-holes back then too, but with the increased population, keeping the same average, there are just a lot more of them now

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

People didn't used to move so often and most neighborhoods were actual communities where everyone knew each other.
Public shaming would make one a pariah so people didn't used to act out as badly as they do now.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by PurpleChiten

People didn't used to move so often and most neighborhoods were actual communities where everyone knew each other.
Public shaming would make one a pariah so people didn't used to act out as badly as they do now.

didn't think of the moving around part, you're right!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

[color=dodgerblue] Like I told the other person who thought I was condoning making fun of people, I used examples of relatively benign things to illustrate the point that there are some things that you just don't make fun of, a disability certainly meets that criteria.

You, and the other person that replied to my post, are looking way to deeply into what I said.

It's not nice to make fun of people, especially if you are making fun of them for a disability. That was all I was trying to say.
edit on 5-10-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Long, sad, heartbroken, disappointed sigh. That's really the only response I can even begin to muster with respect to this. Even if there is a dispute between the families and even if the girl's parents took part in that dispute, how an adult could condone bringing a young girl into it... is not something I can fathom.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

whats wrong?? you no wanna play with me no more???

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Well, douchebaggery isn't against the law or 75% of americans would be in prison. Just give both the punk dad and punk son a severe public ass beating, a little public embarrassment will show them some humility. Theres a judge in Texas that specializes in public punishment, it works wonders. They should just bring back the stockade, maybe a few dozen rotten tomatoes being thrown at them will chill them out.
edit on 5-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by smyleegrl

The bottom line is, an adult should know better than to ridicule a child, no matter the cause.

I was not addressing that, for I had mentioned in my first post that I am in no way condoning these actions.

Actually, that is not the bottom line at all. The true bottom line (based off of what I saw in that video), is that no laws were broken. Nor did I see any physical contact whatsoever. Yet many people choose to spew out baseless threats, some of which contain threats of physical violence.

I know that it doesn't matter much, because they're all full of it. Regardless though, it is each individuals right to make those meaningless threats, just as it is within others' rights to perform harmless acts of teasing, at a distance, regardless of how tasteless and/or crude those harmless acts may be. [

Yes, and this is what separates the boys from the men. Your excuse is lame.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerenityAva

You are most welcome my friend. Yes I do believe it is. Being a child is one thing, but be a grown man, and a father none the less, is very disheartening.

Then why don't you star and flag the OP???? It is not my destiny to get courage from other members. I do know that some members on this site would appreciate acknowledgement with s&f.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fineousstitch

Gosh, what are you playing with????

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fineousstitch

have been at work.
If I am a little late I apologize, I have been at work.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

White trash vs. white trash. Who cares. I feel for the little girl who's made fun of, but in all reality it sounds like all of their parents need to grow up. Ignorance breeds morons and those morons grow up to be ignorant...someone has to break the cycle.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So a few folks have said that being an ass isn't against the law. I completely agree. I think it's wrong to charge people with crimes for mocking people online, even in the worst cases. That being said, walking behind a little girl that close is threatening. That I am not OK with. You want to make fun online, fine. You don't get to intimidate children. That is exactly what this boy and his son were doing. Limping and mocking a CHILD only inches away and following her.

I enjoy playing devil's advocate, I'm an ass, I love to troll but there is no way I can justify what this 'man' did. She's a child. It is in no way acceptable for n adult to get in he personal space, mock her handicap and then claim he was hurt at work. He's already been jailed for his douchebaggery. I hope he is again, and that a restraining order is put on him. I'm also looking forward to this piece of trash having to move.

Who wants to defend this behavior? Even if it is legal, why should it be allowed by society?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I would be surprised if they can stop this jerk from treating this poor girl like that. It's obviously getting close to holloween, he could say he was telling his son, " walk this way sir" in a ghoulish voice. I think it would require vigilante justice to correct this guy(s) behavior. I'm not the most mature as most male always seem to hang onto some juvenile behaviors, but come on!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There's another case out there where a neighbor lady was making fun of a dying girl. These special snow flakes even went so far as to attach a coffin to the back of their truck and parade it around the neighborhood. There's some nut jobs out there, and anyone who would defend a father and son mocking a girl with cerebral palsy is just as nuts as the rest of them.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I have MS and have days where I have to make use of my cane. One time in town I experienced some mocking from some teenagers while my daughter looked on. She's only 12 so it hit her pretty hard. I'm an adult and can handle the mocking, but I cannot imagine how horrible it must feel to be disabled as a child and take that kind of torment. It will stay with this girl for the rest of her life. This is a result of parents who never grew up themselves, who live in the world thinking they can do whatever they want without consequence and never teach their own children how to be moral or make good decisions.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I can't believe a grown man(i use the term lightly)would stoop to that level and teach his son that it ok to make fun of disabled or (anyone for that matter) people,it's ok to do this if your angry.If your angry you can do whatever you like because it's justified.How selfish can you be?
oh and the wife,it's not personal?she shouldn't be upset because he's really not making fun of her(what?),how ignorant is she?seriously!

my heart goes out to the little girl and her family.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join