It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Of Father Mocking Girl With Cerebral Palsy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
If it were my kids they probably would have ignored it. As they do most idiots. My children rarely get upset by sounds people make with their mouths or movements they do with their body. I guess we are just more evolved. But feel free to let morons control your emotions. Should work out well for you. people choose to be offended by things.

Are your children handicapped???? If not, you really can't empathize. I have a nephew who is physically deformed. Unless you've seen the pain inflicted on him and others like him because of his deformity, you don't know sh#t. He's tough....but it STILL hurts. You're not more evolved, you're insensitive, uncaring and cold.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The excessive amount of hypocritical double-standards being splattered all throughout this thread, is almost overwhelming, but laughable nonetheless.

[color=FFBB45]The same right that makes it ok for you fools to spout out your baseless threats, while you pretend to be badass armchair superheros, just so happens to be the exact same right that allows people to tease; make fun of; laugh at; & mock others.

Amendment 1 - [color=C9FFEA]Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Suck it up, buttercup.
Life's a bitch.
Get used to it.
It's not gonna get any easier....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Wow, that's a lot of bitterness...

It's called compassion. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should.

It may interest you to know that, developmentally speaking, teens are living in their limbic systems, the emotional center of the brain. Something an adult could shrug off can be devastating to a teen.

The bottom line is, an adult should know better than to ridicule a child, no matter the cause.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

The bottom line is, an adult should know better than to ridicule a child, no matter the cause.

I was not addressing that, for I had mentioned in my first post that I am in no way condoning these actions.

Actually, that is not the bottom line at all. The true bottom line (based off of what I saw in that video), is that no laws were broken. Nor did I see any physical contact whatsoever. Yet many people choose to spew out baseless threats, some of which contain threats of physical violence.

I know that it doesn't matter much, because they're all full of it. Regardless though, it is each individuals right to make those meaningless threats, just as it is within others' rights to perform harmless acts of teasing, at a distance, regardless of how tasteless and/or crude those harmless acts may be.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The amount of tolerance on this thread is ridiculous. For those of you who say they weren't making fun the child, get some glasses. This is disgusting. Bullying at its finest. The child was obviously hurt over this. And a GROWN man doing this!! 

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
A lot of people are saying the parents should step up and attack the guy doing it. I can't agree with that. The fighting between the parents is what led to it. Instead of the parents stepping up, somebody outside the entire situtaion who was standing there and saw it being done should step up.
I'm not saying the bus driver or the monitor or anyone connected to an authority position at all, I'm saying somebody that has absolutely no stake in it whatsover, an innocent bystander, should stand up and say NO, this is NOT acceptable.

Yeah, it does take a village. Some people will attack that statement until the end of time, but it's true. It takes all of us, each and every minute of each and every day. The reason people didn't do this years ago was that society didn't allow it. The innocent bystander on the street didn't stand for it, they didn't accept it, they didn't ignore it. A real man, one who knows responsibility and humanity would have stepped up and said "What are you doing?!!?"
Each and every person there would have been outraged and they would have voiced their outrage. They would have scorned the man, they would have loudly said they didn't approve. That is what's needed. We ALL need to stand up in our communities and in our cities and in our lives and say we don't approve of things like this. The "older generation" of today, those of us who are 40 and older need to do our job. Our job is to guide the younger generation whether they be teenagers or young adults or even people our own age. It's our job as society to enforce what is expected by society. Our job as humans to promote humanity.

Every single person that stood by and watched this take place is guilty. No, confrontation isn't pleasant, but sometimes it needs to be done. If we don't do it when we see it, who will? Not a physical confrontation of "beating him up" but just plain speaking out and making it known that the actions aren't acceptable. If all the bystanders that witnessed it had stood together, it would have be nipped in the bud. The grandmother who video taped it couldn't do anything, she was directly involved in the family squabble due to blood relation. The other people weren't involved in the squabble and they could have done something. They could have done something as simple as making audible gasps, or shaking their head or giving stern looks. Those things are not hard to do and they DO affect people's behaviors. Don't turn your head and walk the other way or quickly shuffle off out of the situation, you can make a statement without being violent and without being attacked. Everybody has to do it, every person who is there.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This is disgusting. I hate people like this man and his son. I was also born with disabilities and I'm so happy that my parents taught me not to put up with any crap from anyone. One time, one of the jerks my sister was friends with started joking my limp, so I limped over and shoved him off his bike. Needless to say, he never made fun of me again and we actually started to get along after I stood up to him.

What have I learned from growing up with disabilities?
Adults are so much crueller than children. The entire time I was growing up, I just kept reminding myself that I'd be treated with more respect when I was an adult and didn't have to deal with stupid, ignorant kids anymore. Damn! Was I wrong. Adults are much worse.

Suitable justice?
This jerk's son will father a child with a disability.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
My son has cerebral palsy as well. This video is ridiculous. Lock me in the room with that sorry excuse of a "father" and I would make his limp permanent. Sad thing to see. I pray my son does not have to go through this later in life. I pray no one has to go through this with their child. If I was the little girls father, I would pick her up from the bus stop next time! Then I would show him the recording of him mocking my child! Look him in the eyes, and ask him why? His answer would determine my next action.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What a nutless turd of a father!

Why isn't DHS involved with this family? If he is able to be so cruel to a disabled neighbor child, out in public at that, there is no telling what he is doing to his own children behind closed doors.

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SerenityAva

Originally posted by SerenityAva

The amount of tolerance on this thread is ridiculous. For those of you who say they weren't making fun the child, get some glasses. This is disgusting. Bullying at its finest. The child was obviously hurt over this. And a GROWN man doing this!!
Hold up a moment, young'un. Before you decide to Zimmerman-up, and take the law into your own hands, how about you go ahead and show me how this was so obviously directed at someone who is nowhere to be seen, during the clip of this alleged disgusting act?

Either you're right, and I do need glasses.
OR
You somehow watched the unrated extended director's cut.
OR
She was nowhere near them at the time.

Maybe he stepped on a big glob of gum. When that happens, it is neither fun, nor pretty. A common reaction is to immediately begin dragging the sole of your shoe on the pavement, in an attempt to scrape it off.

edit on 10/5/12 by BrokenCircles because: Bubblicious

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I actually have more time and energy to be sensitive caring and warm to those around me because I don't weigh myself down with this kind of ridiculousness. I worked as a disability support worker for over 5 years. I think I have a fair idea of what goes on.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Actually, the girl wasn't even in the video listed. For all you know it was the child of the other day who hurt his leg, was walking with a limp, and the dad was making fun of his son when he went to pick him up.

In either case, it doesn't matter, it's a family spat between the two of them that caused this and the adults need to work out there issues and not involve the kids. The other family is no better by coming on TV acting like hurt sparrow and shedding all responsibility for letting this turn into what it did....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Oh okay. Maybe your right. They both got gum on their shoes and dragged their shoes along the road. Please...

The little girl already claimed that she was being made fun of by the the other child. And now there is a video of both the child and father limping, after they get off the school bus. Which obviously meant she was on there too. One of the women from the other family states "he did that just because..."
To me? 1+1=2.

You certainly have every right to believe that it was some gum though.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
sensitive and caring is mocked in america...it's a sign of weakness. you yell at, scream at, lie to, put down,...this is the how you get your way in america. it's done in politics, business, sports, relationships. 'shoot first, ask questions later"... "judged by 12, is better than carried by 6"...mottos said proudly all over the U.S.....and the children pick up on this from an early age, so, it will continue

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Oh okay. Maybe your right. They both got gum on their shoes and dragged their shoes along the road. Please...

The little girl already claimed that she was being made fun of by the the other child. And now there is a video of both the child and father limping, after they get off the school bus. Which obviously meant she was on there too.

I didn't say that I believed that is what happened. I just tossed that out as a possibility, and nothing more. Just for you though, I can elaborate on that possibility.

[color=C2AF93]hypothetical:

The boy stepped in the gum.

Dad said, "Scrape your shoe across the pavement, like this.....
Just make sure that you get most of it off before getting into the car."

A possibility. That is all.

Unlike you, and many others, I tend to avoid immediately jumping to definitive conclusions based solely upon emotion. Nor do I claim to know exactly what happened, because I wasn't there.

[color=858585]I see this all the time, throughout many different topics, and within various aspects of life itself. It is much more abundant here, but to a certain extent, it happens everywhere:

[color=9CFCFF]Most people are far too impatient to reach conclusions, which are based only on the facts.(ALL of the facts). Many jump at the chance to quickly exclaim their conclusion based only off of personal emotion.

You're still doing it. You avoided the FACT that I mentioned(which Boncho also mentioned) with [color=99C9FF]"your speculated claim that since this person got off of that bus, then this other person who is nowhere to be seen, obviously must have also been there." [color=9CFCFF]Try to convince a jury with that flawed logic, and you won't make it very far.

It is most commonly seen when the desired conclusion is one that many seem to falsely view as if it undeniably justifies their responses of anger, hostility, hatred, etc....... the Lynch Mob mentality.

It is very likely that a majority had already reached their conclusion regarding this non-event, after watching only the first 8 seconds of this video.

Every story has at least 2 sides.

One of the women from the other family states "he did that just because..."
...and that is precisely where she was cut off by her mother, and by the reporter. We did not hear the 2nd half of her sentence.

If we had heard the rest of the sentence, it may have ended as this:
"He did that just because he had a big wad of gum on the bottom of his shoe."

edit on 10/5/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The man and his son are the ones with the handicap in this story.
I bet the wife/mother of these people is probably just as stupid and ignorant. How dare they teach their child to be vicious to other kids. All they're doing is teaching their son how to get the crap kicked out of himself.

Why is it so difficult for people to just be nice? Why does society think that people just need to toughen up and accept that the world is a cruel place?
I wish a lethal virus that was only contageous to people like the ones in this video. Honestly, the world doesn't need them and they're taking up space that roaches could occupy.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
The excessive amount of hypocritical double-standards being splattered all throughout this thread, is almost overwhelming, but laughable nonetheless.

[color=FFBB45]The same right that makes it ok for you fools to spout out your baseless threats, while you pretend to be badass armchair superheros, just so happens to be the exact same right that allows people to tease; make fun of; laugh at; & mock others.

Amendment 1 - [color=C9FFEA]Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Suck it up, buttercup.
Life's a bitch.
Get used to it.
It's not gonna get any easier....

Yup, they got a right, doesn't make it "right" though. Mean is mean is mean. Mean is a right. Life doesn't have to be a bitch. According to the news, the father and son "team" did this on a daily basis. I hope this girl keeps a pure heart, and has forgiveness for their cruelty. In the end, she is the better person. I am sure there is NO respect in mocking disabled people.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

The little girl already claimed that she was being made fun of by the the other child. And now there is a video of both the child and father limping, after they get off the school bus. Which obviously meant she was on there too.

I didn't say that I believed that is what happened. I just tossed that out as a possibility, and nothing more. Just for you though, I can elaborate on that possibility.

[color=C2AF93]hypothetical:

The boy stepped in the gum.

Dad said, "Scrape your shoe across the pavement, like this.....
Just make sure that you get most of it off before getting into the car."

A possibility. That is all.

Unlike you, and many others, I tend to avoid immediately jumping to definitive conclusions based solely upon emotion. Nor do I claim to know exactly what happened, because I wasn't there.

[color=858585]I see this all the time, throughout many different topics, and within various aspects of life itself. It is much more abundant here, but to a certain extent, it happens everywhere:

[color=9CFCFF]Most people are far too impatient to reach conclusions, which are based only on the facts.(ALL of the facts). Many jump at the chance to quickly exclaim their conclusion based only off of personal emotion.

You're still doing it. You avoided the FACT that I mentioned(which Boncho also mentioned) with [color=99C9FF]"your speculated claim that since this person got off of that bus, then this other person who is nowhere to be seen, obviously must have also been there." [color=9CFCFF]Try to convince a jury with that flawed logic, and you won't make it very far.

It is most commonly seen when the desired conclusion is one that many seem to falsely view as if it undeniably justifies their responses of anger, hostility, hatred, etc....... the Lynch Mob mentality.

It is very likely that a majority had already reached their conclusion regarding this non-event, after watching only the first 8 seconds of this video.

Every story has at least 2 sides.

One of the women from the other family states "he did that just because..."
...and that is precisely where she was cut off by her mother, and by the reporter. We did not hear the 2nd half of her sentence.

If we had heard the rest of the sentence, it may have ended as this:
"He did that just because he had a big wad of gum on the bottom of his shoe."

Then get the whole story already! Who cares if it's "gum" EVERY DAY for a year???? Something is wrong here and it is very evident. DENY IGNORANCE!!!!!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A father and son duo has spent the last year brutally humiliating a 10-year-old Ohio girl with cerebral palsy, her parents have claimed - and they have video to prove it.

Every day after school at the bus stop, William Bailey and his nine-year-old son Joseph slowly hobble from the school bus to their vehicle, limping with bent legs, in front of Hope Holcomb's classmates.
'Stop, please, try to be nice,' Hope has asked them, weeping.
Her grandmother filmed the pair mocking Hope, showing indisputable evidence of the mockery and cruelty she has been subjected to.

edit on 5-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Children can be cruel, even parents that never grew up. I don't think the law should get involved as it seems every party involved, and maybe the whole state of Ohio is mentally retarded.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think this girl should put a sign on her back for the next time they walk behind imitating her.
It could say something like "I know you're feeling bad because you're an inbred, but that doesn't give you an excuse to be mean".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join