It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Of Father Mocking Girl With Cerebral Palsy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I think you're wrong.

Why does anyone think they have the right to mock or judge anyone based on their appearance? You seem to be
suggesting that someone wearing something you think is funny is deserving of ridicule and bullying, just because
they're different. It's not okay, whether they choose to wear clown makeup or have a disability. People need to learn to keep their
mouths shut and their hurtful gossiping comments to themselves. It actually just shows how empty their lives
are if they have time to b*tch about how someone else looks.

[color=dodgerblue] You are reading too far into what I was saying and I think that you missed the point.

I was saying that there are somethings that you just don't make fun of, I wasn't in any way endorsing making fun of people. I just picked examples of minor things that came to mind to illustrate a point.

Making fun of people is not nice.

Making fun of the disabled is taking it to a whole new level of mean.
edit on 4-10-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb
So, it would help her for her father to go to jail for a very long time? That would solve nothing, and in this day and age that is what would happen, given this situation. Then, the bullies would win. Better to keep a level head, film their behavior, and hope the school system, or judicial system, can do something about it.

Sorry but in my opinion this is just foolish thinking.

I can understand going to the school since this happened at the bus stop, that's one thing. Involving the Police and the Prosecutors Office is something else entirely.

I do not condone what this man is doing, there is no doubt he is a POS and he is raising his kid to be a POS as well. But guess what? There is no law against being a POS human being.

If it was my kid, I'd swing by the house of this neighbor and invite him out for some drinks. There is no crime in a drunk falling down drunk and "accidentally" falling into my fist... a few times. Quite frankly, if I was arrested for it, I would demand a Jury trial and I would bet my left arm I would get away with it. Maybe probation and some community service... and it would all be well worth it, but I can assure you, he wouldn't be doing that crap to my kid anymore. Of course if I didn't invite him out for drinks and just showed up at his house and and handled it, I could always plead temporary insanity or emotional distress.. and again, demand a jury trial. You give me just one parent on that Jury who has a kid who has been bullied and I will walk.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

well, enjoy that.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Point of order -
I do not see the Girl with CP in the video made by the GrandMother.
The Man and his Son are not following her.
The alleged bully's Wife states that this is an on-going feud between the Families.

I am not defending bullies but I do not see enough evidence to judge this situation at this point.

What we have now is one person's word against another.
I would like more facts on this before making a judgement.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This is a family feud that's passed onto the children. It really has nothing to do with the disabled kid except for the fact that the adults couldn't resolve the issues and not the kid has become a target.

People are knocking the dummy who did that, but equal responsibility should go to the other parent as well. They get on TV acting innocent and shocked that a man could treat their kid like that, but they have been fighting with the other side and provoked this outcome.

Both families filed with the courts? So both parties have a gripe.

Kids should have stayed out of it, but now you have this....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
the kid has become a target.

Obviously targeting a defenseless
disabled child crosses the line.
The neighbor needs professional help with his
own handicap, before he permanently ends up with
one himself. But why were the bus monitors not
reporting this ?
The school needed to do something about the bullying
earlier, now the poor child is afraid to go to school.
The school, the bus driver, monitors also have the
responsibility to report and educate ignorant trash as this.

edit on 5/10/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Which takes us right back to both sets of parents that need to work out their issues for it to be resolved. Focus on the root causes of things to fix them, otherwise you are just playing politics...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

root causes of things

Looking at the root cause of behaviors is the job of psychiatrists.
In the mean time,
adults are expected to follow the rules and laws
laid out by society. Analyzing mental behavior takes time,
what needs to be dealt with asp is ZERO TOLERANCE
of bullying the child !

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Yes, I'm sure that will clear everything up. Lynch mob the one of the family members and surely everyone will stop being mean to each other.

Solving a root cause fixes the problem instead of covering it over.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Thread should be retitled "Sorry looking Dad allows other Dad to mock his disabled child".
Whats wrong with that dude?

A stern warning followed by a night time visit if it continues would suffice.
Any jury would understand.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I'll tell you one thing if that was my daughter the neighbors limp would be real. What a piece of #.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

lol look at all the keyboard tough guys in this thread.
with all the wrongs in this world far worse than this, that are done every second of every day. This is what you get angry about??? perspective people!!!!!
Your willing to go to jail for this... But when the government and the banks f@#$ you repeatedly in the @## and the military industrial complex kills off hundreds of thousands of civilians in your name YOU do NOTHING!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Solving a root cause fixes the problem instead of covering it over.

A disabled child was horribly bullied, and you want to know the
root cause ? ? really ?
When a woman gets raped you also want to know the
root cause before acting ? ?
A persons gender, handicap, religion gets verbally attacked
in front of other children ? ?, and your interested in the root cause ?
What, should adults not be accountable for their actions any more ? ?
The problem is just that, not being accountable and looking for excuses.
If this 'man' is old enough to have a family of his own, he is old enough
to act respectably or or suffer the consequences.
A court order for cease and desist asp. would be wise, and to record
any additional incidents would fix his little red wagon.
. . . what a ignorant piece of % he is.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

The problem is that you and people like you have been trained by society to react to these things with such passion. If your parents and the people you grew up around told you that "woobley douche" was the most insulting thing you could be called. you would probably write a rant on some forum about that too. Perspective people!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
I've called out teenagers on our LRT system here for making fun of an older person in a wheel chair.

I said it out loud, very loud, and the whole train look upon them in shame.

This is personal because my brother struggles very deeply with mental and physical disabilities.

Would have done the same

and maybe throw them out of the train myself if they dont make their excuses
i really dont have patience with real retarded people

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to Fineousstitch
To have perspective you need to be awake and observant.
Being complacent and nonchalant is for sheeples and their agents.

The video needs to go viral to combat and educate
the igorant about bullying.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

That's a great bunch of rhetoric you spit out there. Very ideological and all that and fuelled by your emotions...

On the other hand, since you mention it, recidivism rates are very high with some of the most heinous crimes, so the root problem is pretty important...

And I'm pretty sure this has to do with both families, so fixing their issue will have them both back off one another. Just because the father is on the media crying about how his daughter was treated doesn't mean he is innocent of anything and everything either.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This video disgusted me, My cousin suffers from CP a bit more severe then this young lady, she use's a motorized scooter to get around but can walk short distances if holding on to something, My wife also has CP a more mild case then this young lady, you would never tell by looking at her just when she walks, as well as a close friends son, so this hits me on a personal level.

There is never a reason to make fun of some one born with a disability, especially a child. This kind of behavior drives me mad, as i have defended people in my life from such abuse. My first reaction to this video was that someone should find this guy and take a mini sledge hammer to both his knees till there is nothing left but a bloody mangled pulp, so he can see how it feels to walk like that everyday. But realistically all you can really do is file harassment charges hopefully there is stricter punishment for harassing a minor, and i would also consider it a hate crime. Doesn't this girl enough BS to deal with on a daily basis, then to turn around and watch a "grown up" harass her.

There truly are some sick people in this world, How this guy made it that far in life is beyond comprehension. He should not reproduce he obviously has not morals, values, or ethics to pass on. There is only one cure for his illness.
Gnarfle the Garthok!

This story reminds me of this story

edit on 5-10-2012 by MadQuacker because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2012 by MadQuacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

My fourteen daughter has severe spastic C.P., and has been in a wheelchair all of her short life. Although she lives on an opposite coast from me, I would drop everything and pay someone a visit if I found out this was happening to her.

With all this talk of evolution, 2012, spiritual awakening, and 4th dimension B.S. floating around, things like this only make me sad for the state of our species.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

the kid has become a target.

Obviously targeting a defenseless
disabled child crosses the line.
The neighbor needs professional help with his
own handicap, before he permanently ends up with
one himself. But why were the bus monitors not
reporting this ?
The school needed to do something about the bullying
earlier, now the poor child is afraid to go to school.
The school, the bus driver, monitors also have the
responsibility to report and educate ignorant trash as this.

OK, I need to comment on this.
First though, what was done was terrible and is the result of ignorant parents on both sides allowing their petty diseagreements to cause pain and suffering for children. Both sets of parents should be ashamed. The guy that did the limping and allowed/encouraged his son to do it as well is a disgusting piece of crap who will get his in the long run. Perhaps a stroke, perhaps an accident that leaves him or his family with a disability, but the world has a way of taking care of things like this.
Other people who were there and saw it should have spoken out. However, in today's world, that doesn't get done. Threats of lawsuits, threats of violence, people stay away from issues ... unfortunately

Now, to the comment you made. It's not the school's job, the bus drivers job or the monitor's job to take care of this. Chances are, they were taking care of the other 40 kids on the bus and probably didn't even see the event. It's their job to transport students and get them to school and back home safely. When that bus stops and the parents take the child from the bus, the driver and monitors attention is on the kids who are still on the bus. They can't look out the windows and notice each and every tiny detail around them and see each and every thing that every person does. The child was in the custody of his parent, the driver and monitor were dealing with other children and probably didn't see it at all.
When people do things like that father and son did, they make sure people who CAN or WILL do something about it aren't looking. They didn't flaunt it in front of the driver or monitor, they probably waited until they saw those people were distracted because that's what cowards do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join